Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2927 2928 [2929] 2930 2931 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009863 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43920 on: July 22, 2020, 12:48:53 AM »

Hard to tell the truth when you don't have the foggiest what it is and cannot bring yourself to admit it, Ms. McEnany.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said he doesn't know of a time he's taken more than one coronavirus test in a day, directly contradicting his press secretary in the first question of his press briefing Tuesday.

"I don't know about more than one," Trump responded to a reporter who asked why he was tested more than once a day. "I do probably on average a test every two days, three days, and I don't know of any time I've taken two in one day, but I could see that happening."
Speaking during a morning briefing just hours earlier, press secretary Kayleigh McEneny described Trump as the "most tested man in America" who doesn't risk spreading the virus to others.
"He's tested more than anyone, multiple times a day," she said. "And we believe that he's acting appropriately."

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43921 on: July 22, 2020, 12:49:00 AM »

Trump 2020’s first billion has only gotten them down ten points from where they were against Biden from when they started spending. It’s looking like their next couple billion will cover a similar 10 point slide, unless of course they run out of money first. Grifters are expensive when all the hiring is done by schmucks.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43922 on: July 22, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »

Hard to tell the truth when you don't have the foggiest what it is and cannot bring yourself to admit it, Ms. McEnany.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said he doesn't know of a time he's taken more than one coronavirus test in a day, directly contradicting his press secretary in the first question of his press briefing Tuesday.

"I don't know about more than one," Trump responded to a reporter who asked why he was tested more than once a day. "I do probably on average a test every two days, three days, and I don't know of any time I've taken two in one day, but I could see that happening."
Speaking during a morning briefing just hours earlier, press secretary Kayleigh McEneny described Trump as the "most tested man in America" who doesn't risk spreading the virus to others.
"He's tested more than anyone, multiple times a day," she said. "And we believe that he's acting appropriately."

She’s paid to lie and sell out behind third rate makeup, not keep up with the diapered dauphin in the late stages of his decline.

It’s his grown children who do that. If you want to know how often trump is tested you’ll have to ask Ivanka, unless it turns out she doesn’t give a fuck either.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43924 on: July 22, 2020, 02:08:42 AM »

Kooky Ted gets lampooned

http://youtu.be/zQWYaJeDFQo

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43925 on: July 22, 2020, 03:50:32 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/21/trump-federal-agents-portland-protests-moms

Transformative experiences for so many great Americans.

Keep marching.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43926 on: July 22, 2020, 09:01:26 AM »

"We will NOT shrink from our duty!"

-  Chad Wolf, re:  Portland issue

Wolf in an interview on Fox said his forces are making “proactive arrests” in Portland.

Tell me a way to interpret that statement that doesn’t point to it being a blatantly unconstitutional abuse.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:03:22 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43927 on: July 22, 2020, 09:10:03 AM »

It so doesn't matter

But no - I would not be at all surprised to find out the 85 number was embellished

You were also pretty sure the death toll would continue to go down, weren’t you.  And laughed (heh) at Warren for saying they would actually go back up.

We are back to over 1,000 deaths a day.

So when your judgment has already proven to be suspect what would and wouldn’t surprise you is of no value here.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43928 on: July 22, 2020, 09:13:27 AM »

Anyone staying up to watch the fight tonight?

I say POR protestor goes down in the fifth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GriffinMalone6/status/1285824656331509760

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43929 on: July 22, 2020, 09:39:47 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #43930 on: July 22, 2020, 09:41:21 AM »

When the CBP troops first arrived in Portland, the number of demonstrators was down to about 100.

It's up to 1,000 now.

By all means, send in the CBP troops to more cities. It's one surefire way to get turnout and activism numbers up!

There are cognitive tests that show one's ability to predict cause and effect.  Really obvious effects,  like the soaring # of demonstrators.  OTOH if a rhinoceros appears in the streets of Portland, Trump will be able to identify it.   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43931 on: July 22, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »

When you ally yourself with Trump, you tend to be wrong about most everything.  Especially CV-19 related.

Biden should slowly start usurping the functions Trump neglects. 
Biden should say that now that we finally have a consensus on masks wearing, we need all Americans to wear masks in public so that we can contain the virus and reopen the economy and schools sooner.
Basically Biden should say the stuff Trump refuses to.  Bidne should act presidential and lead in the absence of Trump leadership.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #43932 on: July 22, 2020, 09:45:54 AM »

News Items—

South side Chicago shooting sends 14 to Hospitals on Wednesday. ( All we saw was just bodies laying everywhere," witness Arnita Gerder told WMAQ. "Shot up everywhere, all over. Legs, stomach, back, all over the place. We thought it was a war out here.")

Meanwhile
Mayor Lori Lightfoot Got her Hair Cut.

If only you were half as bothered by "Trump plays golf."
If only you were truly concerned about Black Lives MAtter

So,  did you march with them,  and make your voice heard?   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43933 on: July 22, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-22/australia-sets-record-for-coronavirus-cases-with-victoria-surge

They're really screwing up Down Under, the Florida of English language countries.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43934 on: July 22, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-broke-out-at-our-kids-camp-this-is-what-school-will-look-like-2020-7

We sent our kids to summer camp. It shut down with a COVID-19 outbreak after just a few days. This is what school will look like.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 2927 2928 [2929] 2930 2931 ... 4288