Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2937 2938 [2939] 2940 2941 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009153 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44070 on: July 23, 2020, 10:47:14 AM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44071 on: July 23, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »

Liz Cheney is only upset because I have been actively getting our great and beautiful Country out of the ridiculous and costly Endless Wars. I am also making our so-called allies pay tens of billions of dollars in delinquent military costs. They must, at least, treat us fairly!!!

Two things here.  Obviously, when the GOP is so far right that fucking Liz Cheney becomes a target, Trumpism has completely taken over and the party is lost.  Seriously, tear it down and start over.  Republicans are broken.

The second thing is the "so-called allies" quip.  He has said similar things before, but worth pointing out again how unprecedented and dangerous this is.  Our diplomacy corps have been tasked by our "president" to shred our global alliances and solicit unconstitutional foreign emoluments.  This is the United States of America now.

Thanks GOP.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44072 on: July 23, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »

True COVID death toll likely closer to 180,000.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/05/us/coronavirus-death-toll-us.html

attaboy

every death helps

Whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean. 

Trump and other Republicans have argued that COVID deaths are over-counted, and have taken control of the data from the CDC likely so they can cook the numbers to their liking.

I've pointed before to excess death studies measuring the true toll, and independent studies like the one I linked to this morning are valuable so that we can know what is really going on.

Because some of us want to know what is really going on, unlike the brainless indoctrinated Trumpists who watch the doofus with zero credibility spout lies while standing alone with zero experts and respond "Beautiful press conference, very informative."

Asshole.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:52:20 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44073 on: July 23, 2020, 10:51:15 AM »

Seriously...

Fuck this guy.

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1286272616630833154?s=21

Yeah - I think Barr is wrong

None of this current stuff is about George Floyd - or any man killed by police action.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44074 on: July 23, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »

OK opening day, a bit of normalcy returns.

Yes

Happy Cardboard Cutout Day

Pity Trump couldn't care less about Americans, otherwise a few of them could go watch a game.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44075 on: July 23, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »

Seriously...

Fuck this guy.

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1286272616630833154?s=21

Yeah - I think Barr is wrong

None of this current stuff is about George Floyd - or any man killed by police action.

Yeah, police actions have nothing to do with what is happening now.  Which is why Portland protests have expanded tenfold when Trump's goons arrived.

Wrong.  About.  Everything.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44076 on: July 23, 2020, 11:13:29 AM »

Yeah, police actions have nothing to do with what is happening now.  Which is why Portland protests have expanded tenfold when Trump's goons arrived.

Simpleton

They come out at NIGHT

Most (yes, some excluded) wouldn't dare act as they are in front of the decent protesters

I fear their actions will cause the injury/ even death of 1 or more of those moms out there - who I applaud for their bravery, if not their wisdom.

Somewhere Heather Hyer nods in agreement.  She misses her family/life and understands she should not have been out there

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44077 on: July 23, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »

Somewhere Heather Hyer nods in agreement.  She misses her family/life and understands she should not have been out there

You are a sick fucking asshole.

I say that with all sincerity.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44078 on: July 23, 2020, 11:17:53 AM »

Simpleton

They come out at NIGHT

Most (yes, some excluded) wouldn't dare act as they are in front of the decent protesters

Who is "they" and "them" kiidcarter8?  You see action by the protesters that is not "decent?"  Maybe they should all just sit quietly while getting tear gassed and beaten with batons?  A US Navy vet tried that, and ended up with a hand broken in two places.  Guess he wasn't decent...

The Portland crowd is full of decent protesters, yes, even at night.  And you know it.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44079 on: July 23, 2020, 11:18:49 AM »

I wonder how far Kid would like to take the "let's blame the victims of the Nazis" game.  What a troll. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44080 on: July 23, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »

Needs

Have you seen video from Chicago of officers being pelted with objects while protecting a statue?

What are your thoughts of the perpetrators' actions that night (Friday, I think it was)

Dont answer if you dont feel like it.  I know your position is tough to stand on intelligently.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44081 on: July 23, 2020, 11:25:05 AM »

Who is "they" and "them" kiidcarter8?  You see action by the protesters that is not "decent?"  Maybe they should all just sit quietly while getting tear gassed and beaten with batons?

Back to the moms - commendable that they were trying to coax the rioters into NOT tearing down the fence in front of the federal building, fearing THIS act would lead to police action.

They are wonderful, peaceful women - but there was no way the dicks would all listen to them.  Thus we had chaos.

The Navy vet video was tough to watch.  Maybe in time we get the whole story.  Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force - which by the way is NOT Cuccinelli's guys - as  am sure you know (if not you can thank me never)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44082 on: July 23, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »

Needs

Have you seen video from Chicago of officers being pelted with objects while protecting a statue?

What are your thoughts of the perpetrators' actions that night (Friday, I think it was)

Dont answer if you dont feel like it.  I know your position is tough to stand on intelligently.

Yeah, your position is so easy to stand on intelligently, you need to change the subject  rather than address specific points that contradict it.

We get it kiidcarter8.  You are Trumpist who applauds the coming fascism and will pull on the brown shirt as soon as you are called.  No need for you to spend every day here proving it further.

barton

« Reply #44083 on: July 23, 2020, 11:29:21 AM »

For the first time, I'm using the ignore function.   I will still be here to chat with non-trolls,  and perhaps a bit of light mockery with Red and Bambi.   But it's clear the Limey troll gets its rocks off on the abuse and disgust it triggers here,  and I don't want to contribute to that.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44084 on: July 23, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »

The Navy vet video was tough to watch.  Maybe in time we get the whole story.  Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force - which by the way is NOT Cuccinelli's guys - as  am sure you know (if not you can thank me never)

Just a couple of bad apples.  Yeah, we haven't seen anything else in Portland that replicates this incident.  Like, no one posted a video just this morning of those forces beating medics trying to tend to a protester...

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Thank you for spreading misinformation you can't possibly verify?  OK.  Thanks for showing us yet again what an asshole you are kiidcarter8.  But I'll thank you more when you stop.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:33:32 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
Pages: 1 ... 2937 2938 [2939] 2940 2941 ... 4288