Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2938 2939 [2940] 2941 2942 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008862 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44085 on: July 23, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »

Somewhere Heather Hyer nods in agreement.  She misses her family/life and understands she should not have been out there

You are a sick fucking asshole.

I say that with all sincerity.

For the first time, I'm using the ignore function.   I will still be here to chat with non-trolls,  and perhaps a bit of light mockery with Red and Bambi.   But it's clear the Limey troll gets its rocks off on the abuse and disgust it triggers here,  and I don't want to contribute to that.

I should know better.  I'll stop feeding him.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44086 on: July 23, 2020, 11:43:17 AM »

We get it kiidcarter8.  You are Trumpist who applauds the coming fascism and will pull on the brown shirt as soon as you are called.  No need for you to spend every day here proving it further.

You lose.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44087 on: July 23, 2020, 11:46:10 AM »

The Navy vet video was tough to watch.  Maybe in time we get the whole story.  Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force - which by the way is NOT Cuccinelli's guys - as  am sure you know (if not you can thank me never)

Just a couple of bad apples.  Yeah, we haven't seen anything else in Portland that replicates this incident.  Like, no one posted a video just this morning of those forces beating medics trying to tend to a protester...

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Thank you for spreading misinformation you can't possibly verify?  OK.  Thanks for showing us yet again what an asshole you are kiidcarter8.  But I'll thank you more when you stop.

Do you think you can ever make a point with whom you disagree without resorting to demonizing them or going to the low form of personal insult? It's tiresome to read from anyone here, but you have it down as a habit.

Surely there are other tools in your kit in which you can show that you not only preach tolerance but can actually practice it?

Give it some thought. I'm sure you are not like this in real life.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44088 on: July 23, 2020, 11:46:46 AM »

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Cuccinelli's guys are not UNMARKED.

If they dont have their NAME on their gear, there is a good reason.

Were the others really just in camo?  No emblem?  This is what is being put out there (big story of the one guy loaded in the van) - and if it is true it may have been changed by now.

I welcome discourse on this, surely.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44089 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:45 AM »

I think Grandparents and their grandkids have a lot in common. It is a situation that historically bodes well for either a dictatorship or an era of liberal government. Moderates may be the big losers, politically speaking.

80% of older Americans can't retire - COVID-19 isn't helping

More than 25 million older Americans are financially insecure - living at or below the federal poverty level.

https://www.marketwatch.com/video/sectorwatch/80-of-older-americans-cant-retire-covid-19-isnt-helping/61AD778B-C50D-4EC0-A82F-2942D613BC47.html?mod=MW_article_top_stories
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44090 on: July 23, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there. And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

They WERE Feds.

Never disputed.

Do you have a link to the video from last night?

THANKS.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44091 on: July 23, 2020, 11:56:59 AM »

Cuccinelli's guys are not UNMARKED.

If they dont have their NAME on their gear, there is a good reason.

Were the others really just in camo?  No emblem?  This is what is being put out there (big story of the one guy loaded in the van) - and if it is true it may have been changed by now.

I welcome discourse on this, surely.

Do you think the federal government should be involved with inserting itself into local politics by using forces like Trump has employed, especially when it appears that it is actively squelching Americans' first amendment rights?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44092 on: July 23, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »

Do you think you can ever make a point with whom you disagree without resorting to demonizing them or going to the low form of personal insult? It's tiresome to read from anyone here, but you have it down as a habit.

To avoid feeding another forum troll, I'll keep this brief: 

I call out racism as racism, racists as racists. And when someone points to the death of a girl out protesting against white supremacists at the hands of a white supremacist and not only blames the victim, but dares to claim to know what she is now thinking up on the heavenly plain, I will call them out as a racist asshole.

And that you think my calling it out is the problem here?  I could draw some conclusions from that.  But I'm out of Troll Feed.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44093 on: July 23, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »

Do you think the federal government should be involved with inserting itself into local politics by using forces like Trump has employed, especially when it appears that it is actively squelching Americans' first amendment rights?

I don't agree with this entire premise - but yes, I believe Federal action is wise in these cities of unrest.

The other option played out in the song The Night Chicago Died.

Not sure anyone wants that.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44094 on: July 23, 2020, 12:04:46 PM »

Judge rules Trump and Barr violated Michael Cohen's first amendment rights when they put him back in jail for attempting to finish his tell-all:

The judge, Alvin K. Hellerstein of Federal District Court, found that prisons officials had acted against Mr. Cohen because of his desire to write the book when they returned him to prison this month after he had been released on a medical furlough.

“I make the finding that the purpose of transferring Mr. Cohen from furlough and home confinement to jail is retaliatory,” the judge said. “And it’s retaliation because of his desire to exercise his first amendment rights to publish a book and to discuss anything about the book or anything else he wants on social media and with others.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/nyregion/michael-cohen-trump-book.html?action=click&module=Alert&pgtype=Homepage

I expect the Free Speech Defenders (!) to come out to back this up any time now.  Any second...

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44095 on: July 23, 2020, 12:08:31 PM »

To avoid feeding another forum troll, I'll keep this brief: 

I call out racism as racism, racists as racists. And when someone points to the death of a girl out protesting against white supremacists at the hands of a white supremacist and not only blames the victim, but dares to claim to know what she is now thinking up on the heavenly plain, I will call them out as a racist asshole.

And that you think my calling it out is the problem here?  I could draw some conclusions from that.  But I'm out of Troll Feed.

There you go again.

I am noting a pattern of behavior on your part. If you wish to remain the exemplar of that which you claim to oppose, by all means, continue to show that your posts are not worth the time it takes read them.

Your mind is shut, when your mouth is what should be.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44096 on: July 23, 2020, 12:09:36 PM »

Too many of the agitators don't actually know what they want.  They are just angry at everyone and everyTHING.

Very tough times amid the virus and what it causes.  And its a good feeling for them to be part of something they feel they can control

This doesn't mean we can allow it to continue.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44097 on: July 23, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »

I don't agree with this entire premise - but yes, I believe Federal action is wise in these cities of unrest.

The other option played out in the song The Night Chicago Died.

Not sure anyone wants that.

So, you think this is Eliot Ness? He was fighting organized crime. This is not organized crime.

This is Bull Connor. I find it hard to believe that you would support Bull Connor. Maybe I am wrong.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44098 on: July 23, 2020, 12:13:38 PM »

Too many of the agitators don't actually know what they want.  They are just angry at everyone and everyTHING.

So, you don't watch Fox News, I guess. Because Carlson, Hannity and company are nothing but agitators who don't know what they want, displacing anger, and replacing thought with vitriolic discourse intended only to garner them ratings and cash. They are just angry for pay; highly paid dissidents.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44099 on: July 23, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »

Switching gears to death tolls in Florida

The NEW DEATHS number is not people that actually died yesterday

173 was the new high - reported Wednesday.

Prior to this the high was 158 in a day REPORTED in Fla.  But the number that actually died that day was EIGHTEEN.   (Source:  MSNBC)

Its when they are reported that gives the reaction.  I dont think we will ever get a proper count on actual numbers for each day in each locale.
Pages: 1 ... 2938 2939 [2940] 2941 2942 ... 4288