Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2953 2954 [2955] 2956 2957 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009430 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44310 on: July 23, 2020, 07:57:29 PM »

Let loose on the streets, folks in Portland want extreme (unproportional) mayhem.

What "mayhem" is not proportional to the cops killing a man, kiidcarter8?

And what "mayhem" is proportional to Federal cops roaming the streets in unmarked rental vans and pulling people into them without just cause?

The Right can talk for 8 years about resisting government tyranny when there was none under Obama, but Trump sends in a secret police force to beat up protesters and make unconstitutional arrests and its "You lefties are overreacting."

Its accepted gospel in the NRA and the Right-wing that AR-15s are protected by the Constitution because how else can a concerned populace resist a well armed government seeking to repress them.

But those Portland people with umbrellas and leaf blowers?  Out of line!  Totally unproportional!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44311 on: July 23, 2020, 07:58:33 PM »

i know we like to compare Trump with Hitler etc, and the secret police trampling human rights in Portland as SS, but this reminds me of the Putin's army of unmarked military enforcers injected into Ukraine several years ago to disrupt the democratic growing process there.

Yup.  Goes to bodiddley's point too.  Don't sleep on these forces being used to disrupt free and fair elections.

Couldn't happen here?  So much has already happened just this year that I never thought could happen here.

The ease in whch Trump has adopted authoritarian measures to try and rebuild his political base and with little blowback from his party is scary. I posted earlier this year that Trump wanted a '68 Chicago backdrop for his convention to stress law and order and crack heads. He may not get exactly that but that SOB and his AG Barr will do their his damnedest to manufacturer a political criisis from which they hope to profit. The fact that Americans legally engaged in 1st amendment rights and our democracy have been abused by his party of new fascism will be damned by historians and Americans well when the sad history of this time is printed.  One can only hope it will also be damned in November 2020.

VOTE

If the average white guy is more afraid of “rampaging hordes of black and brown” people (Caravans, anyone?) than a plague that is gonna touch him and his loved ones sooner or later then the nation is done.

I hope everyone who wanted “their country” back is happy.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44312 on: July 23, 2020, 07:59:57 PM »

A complete sweep (it might be worrisome for the bystanders, I understand - which is why they say CLEAR out - see DC) of the uglies just needs to happen one time.  But the police are being handcuffed.  This is why there was such outrage at the Navy vet video - because police are now supposed to just stand there and get spit on, insulted and hit with stuff.

The Navy vet asked them why they are violating the oath they took to enter service.  At least, that is what he said was his intent.

We can't tell from video if the Federal Forces were insulted.  We can say that the vet did not spit on them or hit them with stuff.

And no, insulting verbally does not justify getting pepper sprayed or your hand broken in two places.  If these forces were trained in crowd control, they would know that.

Nobody here has defended those 2 Feds, Needs

I do see that story is fizzling out

Happened on West Wing after a background check of the guy they were going to highlight at the State of the Union.

Most likely we dont have (nor in your case - want) the entire story.

That’s what you say whenever someone goes down in custody.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44313 on: July 23, 2020, 08:19:04 PM »

I'm just going to point this out one more time, because it is remarkable.

At 11:46 today UNO comes onto the Forum to admonish a poster for being uncivil.

At 4:23 today UNO is literally threatening the life of a poster.

And with zero irony or self-awareness!  I mean, wow.  Truly a remarkable turnabout.

Wow! Look at the Princess go!

She's escalating a criticism into a "threat on her life", which is pure and utter BULL.

Bottom line, she can't handle the truth, so she makes up a new one.

It's what leftist extremists do.

That is some deep shit there.

Listen, queenie, no one threatened your life. What one did promise is to send back to you what you've been dishing out to others without hindrance for years.

Your life isn't worth threatening.

So, stop shaking in those high heels of yours.

Miss Congeniality is burning out

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44314 on: July 23, 2020, 08:23:26 PM »

In the future, remember -

A comment that is race-related doesn't naturally become racist no matter how much hate in your heart you have for the speaker.

kiidcarter8, I know the difference between racist and race-related.

Defending white supremacists, posting material here from white supremacist message boards about how Obama benefited from affirmative action, posting crimes committed by Black people ("thugs") or Hispanic immigrants (You go, Angel Moms!) as though they justify policies that should be taken against them, posting misinformation to argue that Trayvon Martin had it coming (and doing it again for the next one, and again for the next one, and again for the next one)...that's racism kiidcarter8.

You have a history on these forums, and you may not realize I know how far back it goes.   I know what I see, and call it like I see it. 

So no, I won't pretend I don't know where your opposition of BLM and support of Trump comes from.

So many so called racists do great things for people of color - yes - inclusive of working closely with and befriending them.

I guess actions don't count as much as words and what you THINK they mean.

Best thing people like you could for people of color?

Get the fuck out of our way.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44315 on: July 23, 2020, 08:29:44 PM »

The public the police serve are angry, and their anger is justified.  You agree?  Disagree? 

The trouble makers are unable to cope

They praise medical workers' bravery, selflessness, stamina and resolve but cant even keep their anarchists dicks in their pants.

City officials have decided to NOT handle the troublesome group.

I guess we will just watch it play out.  But no - I wont break a sweat defending an officer that steps out of line while the great majority of his brethren stand firm and abide amongst the excrement.  It is human nature that this should happen, given the numbers.

Incredibly sad state of affairs as we should all be battling the virus and thinking of the kids.

Police culture can be transformed away from the original purpose of the police system which was to police slaves especially runways.

Once black people were no longer property they no longer had value... except as prisoners.

Union leaders like Patrick Lynch and his disciples have to go.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44316 on: July 23, 2020, 08:33:39 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

I wont post it again.  My bad.

Needs? You’re from the Ville?

heh

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44317 on: July 23, 2020, 08:36:48 PM »

I see there was an attempt - accept my apology

How can the conflict be deescalated to bring that shit to a stop? I don't believe deadly force should be used, but understand the urge to do so.

Officers need to be able to arrest someone without fear it might escalate into a brawl.  "Deadly force" is a misused term here.  Necessary force.

It just seems certain to do the opposite of deescalating things, which makes it more contra-indicated than not.

A complete sweep (it might be worrisome for the bystanders, I understand - which is why they say CLEAR out - see DC) of the uglies just needs to happen one time.  But the police are being handcuffed.  This is why there was such outrage at the Navy vet video - because police are now supposed to just stand there and get spit on, insulted and hit with stuff.

You don’t get it.

You show up ready for war and that is what you’ll get.

Ferguson showed us this six years ago and STILL you insist on dropping bodies like it alright and the resident are supposed to say., “Thank You oh occupying force!”

Cops kill a guy with no compunction on video and when people gather to complain they are immediately met with violence from those sworn to Protect and Serve.

That’s what sprung this latest uprisings.

I’ve been on all sides of these things since the Suffolk County Police rioted in North Amityville at a community gathering to discuss police brutality in 1968.

I’ve detailed dozens of police interactions in here over the years as arrestee, as government representative, as NYPD contractor as activist as journalist and a couple times in DC as working stiff caught up in the shit.

Utley used to make fun of how many gigs I’ve had over the years,

True dat.

I’ve never kept my head down even when it would have been the easy thing to do. That ain’t the gold watch path.

Lawrence is quite experienced.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44318 on: July 23, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »

Let loose on the streets, folks in Portland want extreme (unproportional) mayhem.

What "mayhem" is not proportional to the cops killing a man, kiidcarter8?

Again, point to actions by Portland protesters you think is so out of line.

DHS was given a chance, and all they could come up with was graffiti and broken fences.
That Ted Wheeler Episode last night  was a hoot...booed by the rioters then tear gassed by the police.

The Mayor of the whitest  city in the nation trying to lead  a riot over nothing reduced to tears of rejection by the mob and his own police department’s reaction to the lawlessness.
Priceless.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44319 on: July 23, 2020, 08:38:48 PM »

Trump practically verbatim of what I said previously on this forum:

"Given these considerations we believe many school districts can now reopen safely, provided they implement mitigation measures and health protocols to protect families, to protect teachers and to protect students.

"All families should be empowere to make the decision that is right for their own circumstance.  This is especially important if a child has underlying health conditions or lives with a parent or grandparent who is at higher risk

"In cities or states that are current hotspots, districts may need to delay reopening for a few weeks - and that's possible - that will be up to governors.  The decisions should be made by the data and the facts on the ground in each community BUT EVERY DISTRICT SHOULD BE ACTIVELY MAKING PREPARATIONS TO REOPEN"

A few notes on this:

Republicans in Congress have only recently (yesterday or earlier today) rejected Trump’s proposal to withhold aid to school districts that don’t open for in-person schooling.  So naturally, this statement doesn’t bring that up.
Duh!

Parent’s always have the option to withdraw their kids from school and homeschool them.  That isn’t the question.
Duh,Duh!
The question is what the government is doing on a Federal level because of the pandemic to allow kids in those circumstances to still get the education they have a right to.  This statement doesn’t address that.
Nor could it 
Giving districts in hotspots “a few weeks” to reopen is a joke. 
And districts that are not currently hotspots should be able to make decisions that might anticipate a second wave, like the New York City school districts are.
Oh.  So it wasn’t a joke, it is the way things are.  POTUS has no power over what school districts decide, a portion of Federalism that you ignore when it pleases you. 
This was the mistake Trump made in pushing States to reopen too soon, just because they didn’t happen to be a hot spot at the time (though we know now some of them were fudging those numbers.)  And saying “its up to the governors” is just as meaningless now as when he said it then when we know he has other levers of pressure to bring down if their decision doesn’t suit him politically.
More partisan gibberish from you.
The lockdowns were overkill and caused the most harm to the poorest of Americans.
Closing schools will only magnify that harm.

Fuck off, idiot.

Lives have been saved by those lockdowns.

They're more important than your portfolio, you obnoxious twit.

(How am I doing, Josh?)
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44320 on: July 23, 2020, 08:40:24 PM »

You have no right to insult, without just cause.

So, ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

Where you are the sole individual who gets to decide what is or is not "just cause."

And back to the threat.

And the ongoing misogyny.

Would you like to form a rules  committee to decide what I think is grounds for engaging an angry adolescent on this forum?

I'll be happy to sit on that committee, as one who has received countless threats, insults, and very strange comments since arriving here shortly ago.

I know, it's different than the mainstream idiocy you feature here, but my own idiocy has its special charm, and my perspective has great value since it does not conform to yours or to those who you like to label as racists, misogynists, transphobic, or whatever the "woke term of the du jour" may be.

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

I didn;t see you jumping into the fray when the Little Princess and bankshot were exchanging far worse insults, just last week.

Can't you see you are the problem, and not the solution, josh?

Everything is just so unfair.

You sound like Trump. Come in with false swag and whine when your bullshit gets taken to the upper deck.

Change your name and try again.

Blow me, bitch. You don't know shit about fuck.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44321 on: July 23, 2020, 08:41:45 PM »

How long have I been yelling “Achtung!” in here?

Probably too long, if you look deep within yourself

But that is OK here in Elba.  You just cant say FATAL.

Fatal fatal fatal.

Look, asshole, do you really not get the difference between saying "you just can't say fatal" and telling somebody that if they keep acting a certain way, it could be fatal?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44322 on: July 23, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »

Irrelevant and immaterial to my post.

All responses are irrelevant to your post, since you don't care what is said and never admit mistakes.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44323 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »

i know we like to compare Trump with Hitler etc, and the secret police trampling human rights in Portland as SS, but this reminds me of the Putin's army of unmarked military enforcers injected into Ukraine several years ago to disrupt the democratic growing process there.

Yup.  Goes to bodiddley's point too.  Don't sleep on these forces being used to disrupt free and fair elections.

Couldn't happen here?  So much has already happened just this year that I never thought could happen here.

The ease in whch Trump has adopted authoritarian measures to try and rebuild his political base and with little blowback from his party is scary. I posted earlier this year that Trump wanted a '68 Chicago backdrop for his convention to stress law and order and crack heads. He may not get exactly that but that SOB and his AG Barr will do their his damnedest to manufacturer a political criisis from which they hope to profit. The fact that Americans legally engaged in 1st amendment rights and our democracy have been abused by his party of new fascism will be damned by historians and Americans well when the sad history of this time is printed.  One can only hope it will also be damned in November 2020.

VOTE

If the average white guy is more afraid of “rampaging hordes of black and brown” people (Caravans, anyone?) than a plague that is gonna touch him and his loved ones sooner or later then the nation is done.

I hope everyone who wanted “their country” back is happy.

That would be "then", Lawrence, not "than".

Shouldve paid attention in 5th grade, instead of sulking because you got picked last in the pick-up basketball game at recess.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44324 on: July 23, 2020, 08:48:02 PM »

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

If you cannot tell the difference between the two levels of bullshit, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't give a damn about the fuck offs and asswipes, anymore. I was reluctantly convinced a long time ago that that was the standard of discourse here.

I only lampooned your language because you were busy with your self-righteous platitudes about insults not being a right while simultaneously using them.

Then you explained, in full self-righteous wrath of god that because YOU have determined that something gave you just cause, NOW you would give people what they deserved, complete with your patented "could be fatal," which passes for a threat on almost any message board in the land.

So, cut the shit.

Go back to the run of the mill insults. Stop identifying where (you think) people live and stop threatening their lives.

Again.

Thanks for clarifying your confusion.

I don't, how you say, 'give a fuck" where anyone lives, and I have threatened no one's life.

I have promised to treat others as they have treated me.

That you see those as threats is telling.

And when it comes to self-righteousness, I may someday catch up to you.

Again, "may be fatal" is not a phrase that can be taken as an insult or advisory for health in the context in which you used it, as previously GRANTED by you.

It was a threat. You have said it was a stupid thing to have said.

Either accept that and acknowledge I have a point or go away. Pick one.

I acknowledged it was a poor choice of words. I understand how it could be perceived as such, but there was no intent to harm a person. That said, I apologize for the confusion.

I wished to warn that the continued course of action the princess employed would result in my choosing to engage VERBALLY in a manner that could prove fatal to her ego.

I'll try to be more clear, in the future.

Others, can do the same, when they toss out Nazi, brown shirt, etc...that they only wish to draw a parallel, to call out the behavior not the label the person as such.

This is what responsible individuals do.
Admit a mistake, and apologize.

Needs can do the same for labeling kid and others a Nazi, which everyone here knows is untrue.

Admit mistakes

NO

Don’t wanna get called that shit? Then don’t talk that shit.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2953 2954 [2955] 2956 2957 ... 4288