Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008689 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44745 on: July 26, 2020, 01:58:15 PM »

Soaring Diabetes Rates Across the US - Minority Nurse

"Rates of diabetes in the United States have skyrocketed over the last two decades according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control"

Maybe you prefer "skyrocketed" over soaring, but you get to have both.

The problem is that we have soaring obesity rates, soaring insulin prices, and soaring coronavirus issues. And diabetes soars more in some areas than others. In the South, we have soaring rates of amputations among poor, Black diabetics who cannot get the care they need.

And the problem is that ignorant assholes like you are in denial over this worldwide crisis, let alone its impact in the US. Our poor health as a nation is considered a national security issue.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44746 on: July 26, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »

Kam-Dr. Red doesn't believe in unecessary regulations.

He is of the belief that business can adequately police and regulate itself.

I fear our trusted Dr. Red is nothing more than a charlatan quack.

He doesn't believe in NECESSARY regulations.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44747 on: July 26, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »

Kam-Dr. Red doesn't believe in unecessary regulations.

He is of the belief that business can adequately police and regulate itself.

I fear our trusted Dr. Red is nothing more than a charlatan quack.

He doesn't believe in NECESSARY regulations.

right you are-I stand corrected.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44748 on: July 26, 2020, 02:12:05 PM »

Very good.
Gets to the heart of why All lives matter doesn't cut it.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44749 on: July 26, 2020, 02:28:07 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44750 on: July 26, 2020, 02:42:33 PM »

If Massachusetts starts seeing major spikes, rather than the low rise we have seen thus far, this is an example of why:

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/photo-crowded-boston-harbor-cruise-draws-questions/2165974/

Ward can keep claiming that Americans are not stupid, but the evidence is incredibly strong against his position.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44751 on: July 26, 2020, 02:57:20 PM »

And these guys ought to be wearing masks:

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44752 on: July 26, 2020, 03:06:37 PM »

Ward can keep claiming that Americans are not stupid, but the evidence is incredibly strong against his position.

Poorly educated for certain ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #44753 on: July 26, 2020, 03:27:39 PM »

....to Boz's Sequoia-sequestered but not sesquipedalian report, a sequential reply:   

Seems like a good choice, in July.   

Re:  Ward - we've had the food deserts chat before.   Nothing stuck.   

Good governance is what you do when families are eating junk and it's setting them up for lifelong ill health... instead of twiddling your thumbs and waiting for everyone to become educated,  informed,  and in reach of a supermarket with healthy selections.  Funny no one questions regulations that protect your skull from shattering in a car,  but try to keep a pancreas from shattering and suddenly it's tyranny.   

Diabetes rates aren't high due to heredity but primarily due to stuff like "nutrition bars" that are mostly sugars and simple carbs.   Nobody's genes are designed for what's in a quick mart in a food desert.   For 99% of our evolutionary history, we didn't even eat grains,  let alone highly processed ones with most of the fiber removed.    We're built to eat roots,  shoots,  fruits,  nuts,  eggs,  fish,  game....hunter/gatherer stuff.   

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44754 on: July 26, 2020, 03:31:43 PM »

Poorly educated for certain ...

A third of us think that foods that are not genetically modified don't have genes.

Less than half of us know which nation dropped the atomic bomb.

Only 25% of us can name more than one of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment but more than 50% of us can name two members of the Simpson family.

Twenty-nine percent of Louisiana Republicans said that Obama was responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina.

In 2017, 37 percent could not name a single right protected by the Bill of Rights, only 26 percent could name all three branches of government (a big slip from 2011, when 38 percent aced that question) and 33 percent could not name a single branch of government.

One in four Americans thinks the sun orbits the Earth.

It is natural to want to blame the education system, but all of this material is taught. Nor is it only taught once or in one year. It requires thinking in some cases, rather than teaching at all. It requires curiosity, in some cases - curiosity that is glaringly absent.

In late 2017, a YouGov survey showed 51 percent of Republicans still think Obama was born in Kenya. 14% of Democrats do, too!

Dumb.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44755 on: July 26, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »

Products have labels identifying nutrition information, recommended daily allowances etc.
People are not stupid when they shop, nor do they more government nannies as consultants.
America’s diabetes rate is not soaring but is higher than we want. But much of the problem is heredity since Native Americans, Americans of Asian descent, and Black Americans have historic higher rates of diabetes.

I love it when you get stupid and racist.
The figures you quoted reinforced my previous post. And it is you that stoops to racism contending that Americans don’t read labels and accept”what they are being fed”.

Why not just call them deplorable?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44756 on: July 26, 2020, 04:19:46 PM »

Products have labels identifying nutrition information, recommended daily allowances etc.
People are not stupid when they shop, nor do they more government nannies as consultants.
America’s diabetes rate is not soaring but is higher than we want. But much of the problem is heredity since Native Americans, Americans of Asian descent, and Black Americans have historic higher rates of diabetes.

The figures you quoted reinforced my previous post. And it is you that stoops to racism contending that Americans don’t read labels and accept”what they are being fed”.

I contend that Americans don't read labels and you say that's racist?!

You are so stupid.

And I reserve "deplorable" for people like you who think that accusing Americans of not reading (and comprehending) labels is racist.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44757 on: July 26, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »

Food labels and nutrition information can be confusing.
Starting with calories.
I wonder what % of Americans, or posters here, can explain what a calorie is without looking it up.  Calorie intake is not an easy thing to understand or utilize in daily life.

There is a huge obesity crisis in the USofA.  And the health consequences of that -- diabetes, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, etc -- is exactly the kind of thing gov't should address.  Gov't should step in and try to help people make healthy food choices.  I think a rather small % of people actually read and/or compare nutritional info.  Bad gov't kills, good government saves lives.

For decades now, I've been appalled that when I go into a food store, less than 1/4 of the store is actually stocked with items I consider food.  Processed junk food takes up an unexpectedly large amount of retail space.  I'm also a fairly strict vegetarian so the Dead Land and Sea Animal sections are just dismembered corpses, part of the shameful daily animal holocaust.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44758 on: July 26, 2020, 04:30:07 PM »

I contend that Americans don't read labels and you say that's racist?!

You are so stupid.

And I reserve "deplorable" for people like you who think that accusing Americans of not reading (and comprehending) labels is racist.
Red likes to accuse people of not knowing what words mean.....
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44759 on: July 26, 2020, 04:31:17 PM »

There are certainly a number of people here who are not worthy debating with.
My advice, is make your point and move on.  Not get too bogged down.

I was amused at the new/old poster who came in here preaching civility and within 6 hours was calling people flaming assholes and princess and other insults.  I thought that faux act would hold up a bit longer than that.  That was a day for rapid skimming ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 4288