Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2987 2988 [2989] 2990 2991 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008627 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44820 on: July 26, 2020, 09:12:51 PM »

....to Boz's Sequoia-sequestered but not sesquipedalian report, a sequential reply:   

Seems like a good choice, in July.   

Re:  Ward - we've had the food deserts chat before.   Nothing stuck.   

Good governance is what you do when families are eating junk and it's setting them up for lifelong ill health... instead of twiddling your thumbs and waiting for everyone to become educated,  informed,  and in reach of a supermarket with healthy selections.  Funny no one questions regulations that protect your skull from shattering in a car,  but try to keep a pancreas from shattering and suddenly it's tyranny.   

Diabetes rates aren't high due to heredity but primarily due to stuff like "nutrition bars" that are mostly sugars and simple carbs.   Nobody's genes are designed for what's in a quick mart in a food desert.   For 99% of our evolutionary history, we didn't even eat grains,  let alone highly processed ones with most of the fiber removed.    We're built to eat roots,  shoots,  fruits,  nuts,  eggs,  fish,  game....hunter/gatherer stuff.
Quik Marts are not places Americans shop for food.
Fixed it for you. You never have had much insight into the lives of others.
You could look it up. But then you’d have nothing to say.

You could look it up, Ward, but you would never report back what you found, just as you ignore the evidence about the incidence and growth of diabetes in this country.

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.
Oh wait. I see you already have.

I live in DC and my area is a food desert.

However, I have a car and since the pandemic we use Instacart.

I’m extremely fortunate and I know it.
Amazing how a free market economy adapts when the government stays away.

Larry rights that he was lucky he had a car and you interpret that as the free market economy adapting.

Geeeeeeeeeez, the ignorance. It burns!

How do we interpret "Larry rights"? Does Larry have special rights?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44821 on: July 26, 2020, 09:13:05 PM »

....to Boz's Sequoia-sequestered but not sesquipedalian report, a sequential reply:   

Good governance is what you do when families are eating junk and it's setting them up for lifelong ill health... instead of twiddling your thumbs and waiting for everyone to become educated,  informed,  and in reach of a supermarket with healthy selections.  Funny no one questions regulations that protect your skull from shattering in a car,  but try to keep a pancreas from shattering and suddenly it's tyranny.   

Diabetes rates aren't high due to heredity but primarily due to stuff like "nutrition bars" that are mostly sugars and simple carbs.   Nobody's genes are designed for what's in a quick mart in a food desert.   For 99% of our evolutionary history, we didn't even eat grains,  let alone highly processed ones with most of the fiber removed.    We're built to eat roots,  shoots,  fruits,  nuts,  eggs,  fish,  game....hunter/gatherer stuff.

You could look it up, Ward, but you would never report back what you found, just as you ignore the evidence about the incidence and growth of diabetes in this country.

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.

Larry rights that he was lucky he had a car and you interpret that as the free market economy adapting.

It’s noy ignorance it’s indifference.

Much much worse.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44822 on: July 26, 2020, 09:14:57 PM »

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.

You’re an inane drone.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44823 on: July 26, 2020, 09:16:20 PM »

Fuck Tom Cotton

Just fuck that guy.

https://t.co/u5QeVUlHZr?amp=1

Pull his papers & put him in a baby jail. Let him clean shit in the gulag for $1 a day.

He is a damn shame, a sack of poisons.

Through some last second skulduggery he is running unopposed.

Once you have his papers, using a taser to stop an undocumented from running is standard practice in Tom Cotton’s world. I think he is even on record in favor of back shooting in those situations.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44824 on: July 26, 2020, 09:16:49 PM »

Meanwhile, this is a good source for people interested in facts:https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

Put in the state of your choice. Have fun. Wait until you see Texas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina...

Actually, they should just do it by college football conferences. It would be interesting to see howq Covid numbers correspond with different college football fan bases.

Probably quite telling.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44825 on: July 26, 2020, 09:24:32 PM »

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.

You’re an inane drone.
You misspelled asshole.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44826 on: July 26, 2020, 09:26:11 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44827 on: July 26, 2020, 09:29:15 PM »

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.

Looks like you still can’t read.

Looks like you still can't formulate a cogent response, so you utter vague "comebacks" and pretend they have substance.

It remains the argument style of early middle school.

"LOL!"

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44828 on: July 26, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.

Good point.

Typos 'R' us.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44829 on: July 26, 2020, 09:36:59 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44830 on: July 26, 2020, 09:41:18 PM »

Ward says "I won't look it up."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/05/convenience-stores-see-record-sales-as-shoppers-buy-more-fresh-food.html

People, specifically millennials, want to keep fewer foods in their pantry and are buying more prepared foods on the go from convenience stores.

Convenience stores experienced a 16th straight year of record in-store sales in 2018, according to the National Association of Convenience Stores.
In fact, the amount of fruits and vegetables sold in the convenience stores has grown to be roughly the same as popcorn or pretzels.

Bucking past trends, produce sales in convenient stores are now about $242 million per year, according to Jeff Lenard, vice president of strategic industry initiatives at the National Association of Convenience Stores. While this is still a fraction of the $61 billion in produce sold at grocery and big box stores annually, it demonstrates new opportunities for convenience store operators.

11% of convenience store shoppers go for meal prep.

When you say "Quik Marts are not places Americans shop for food," you must mean those 11% are not true Americans, right?

"The on the go, digitally connected younger generation is driving the trend for increased visits to convenience stores. They make frequent trips to smaller stores to get just the food they need for the next couple of days."

My favorite line came from Mapquest, which had this to say about Quik Marts:

Quik Mart is a chain of more than 25 continence stores that offer a range of grocery and gift items.
LOL! That was a rebuttal to what?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44831 on: July 26, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »

Okey Dokey Junior.
You look it up.

You’re an inane drone.

You're a humorless git.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44832 on: July 26, 2020, 09:42:40 PM »

A bit of perspective on food deserts and the proliferation of Dollar stores....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-20/when-the-closest-grocery-store-is-a-dollar-store
LOL!

"Hahaha!" said Ward. "Something that proves that I am wrong!

"What a laugh riot!"

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44833 on: July 26, 2020, 09:43:06 PM »

Ward says "I won't look it up."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/05/convenience-stores-see-record-sales-as-shoppers-buy-more-fresh-food.html

People, specifically millennials, want to keep fewer foods in their pantry and are buying more prepared foods on the go from convenience stores.

Convenience stores experienced a 16th straight year of record in-store sales in 2018, according to the National Association of Convenience Stores.
In fact, the amount of fruits and vegetables sold in the convenience stores has grown to be roughly the same as popcorn or pretzels.

Bucking past trends, produce sales in convenient stores are now about $242 million per year, according to Jeff Lenard, vice president of strategic industry initiatives at the National Association of Convenience Stores. While this is still a fraction of the $61 billion in produce sold at grocery and big box stores annually, it demonstrates new opportunities for convenience store operators.

11% of convenience store shoppers go for meal prep.

When you say "Quik Marts are not places Americans shop for food," you must mean those 11% are not true Americans, right?

"The on the go, digitally connected younger generation is driving the trend for increased visits to convenience stores. They make frequent trips to smaller stores to get just the food they need for the next couple of days."

My favorite line came from Mapquest, which had this to say about Quik Marts:

Quik Mart is a chain of more than 25 continence stores that offer a range of grocery and gift items.
LOL! That was a rebuttal to what?

"Hahaha!" said Ward. "Something that proves that I am wrong!

"What a laugh riot!"

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44834 on: July 26, 2020, 09:45:09 PM »

And likely they will sell you plenty of Charmin, too.

Pages: 1 ... 2987 2988 [2989] 2990 2991 ... 4288