Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2994 2995 [2996] 2997 2998 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008518 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44925 on: July 27, 2020, 07:01:43 PM »

And?

The issue was things that will drive the election.

Trump today let's out that there could be a vaccine by year's end.  Expect the smess to go to Fauci tomorrow for the refutal.

Is the Fed shooting dough into the markets like a junkie shooting dope to avoid a painful withdrawal and keeping the economy afloat, and IRA afloat, a thing to consider too? 

How about when the Fed stops giving free tastes and the Repubs decide the trillions in defcits they ran-up is now very concerning and spending has to be reined in under Pres Biden, and all hell breaks, (and they've all shorted the market) is that an issue we should consider too?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44926 on: July 27, 2020, 07:07:50 PM »

And?

Trump today let's out that there could be a vaccine by year's end.  Expect the smess to go to Fauci tomorrow for the refutal.
"Smess"? "Refutal?"

I have no idea why anyone with even a pretense of intelligence would find any comfort in the medical or.s scientific pronouncements of Donald Trump. He has no clue what he is talking about and has demonstrated that time and again. I suppose there is the possibility he will accidentally be right, but sheesh. Wait for the people who k ow what they are talking about.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44927 on: July 27, 2020, 07:09:46 PM »

Two Aussie women
walk into a bar. First one says, why did they put the bar that low? Someone's going to get hurt.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44928 on: July 27, 2020, 07:21:24 PM »

Two Aussie women
walk into a bar. First one says, why did they put the bar that low? Someone's going to get hurt.

i was thinking of a limerick

Two lassies from down under

hoped they had not made a diplo-blunder

Though wearing their masks

they were up to the task

of being heard o'er the Trumpian thunder

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44929 on: July 27, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

They're nice ladies, no scandals about them.
They don't say much, 'quiet talkers'.
We can send them anywhere, 'good girls' they are.
Nobody's fools though. :-)

Mike Pence would not have lunch with just them.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44930 on: July 27, 2020, 07:25:41 PM »

And?

Of course he said that. I expect him to say it many more times, especially in late October.

The stock market is currently largely divorced from the economy.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44931 on: July 27, 2020, 07:27:15 PM »

Follow up to the Boston cruise story and picture of maskless folks on the top deck.

The Boston health department issued a cease and desist order against the cruise line due to the lack of social distancing.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44932 on: July 27, 2020, 07:28:02 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44933 on: July 27, 2020, 07:30:12 PM »

"Kamala Harris comes with a big butt attached"

- Fox News show host Martha McCallum
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44934 on: July 27, 2020, 07:32:20 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44936 on: July 27, 2020, 07:35:47 PM »

Kid won't discuss the failure of Trump to address the bounties on our soldiers' heads in Afghanistan.

Ward won't discuss the failure of Trump to address the bounties on our soldiers' heads in Afghanistan.

And neither will Trump:
A reporter asked President Donald Trump whether he brought up alleged Russian bounties on US troops in a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin, but Trump falsely claimed that he doesn't discuss his calls with foreign leaders.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44937 on: July 27, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/us/new-jersey-airbnb-house-party-covid-trnd/index.html

700 people at a house party in Jersey.

White folks?

Based on that article that you didn't understand tother day, I imagine most of them were of mixed race.

Why do you ask?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44938 on: July 27, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »

ACLU

Tony –

We want to update you on the situation on the ground in Portland, Oregon. Over the past few weeks, militarized federal forces have escalated their violent attacks against the city's people. In response, the ACLU of Oregon immediately sued the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Marshal Service.

And we have no intention of backing down. Please read more on this unfolding crisis and our plans to hold those responsible for the brutality against protesters accountable.

Since June, police have fired tear gas and other munitions into crowds gathered to protest police brutality in Portland. Now, federal agents are occupying the streets – inflicting pain on and silencing people who believe Black Lives Matter. Protesters and members of the press have been shot in the head with kinetic impact munitions, swept away in unmarked cars, and repeatedly tear gassed.

These actions are unconstitutional and inhumane, and they are not going unanswered. Last Wednesday, the ACLU of Oregon sued on behalf of a group of medics attacked by unmarked federal agents as they tried to care for injured protesters. This followed our lawsuit the week prior, which has already succeeded in blocking federal authorities from arresting or attacking journalists and legal observers.

This is likely only the beginning, Tony – so please read more to stay informed. Federal agencies are doubling down on their harsh tactics, stating that they will not leave the streets of Portland and they will take their disturbing practices nationwide. The government is crafting plans to deploy roughly 150 federal agents to Chicago soon.

We cannot accept this as the new normal. That is why we will be watching nationwide, ready to challenge any constitutional abuses.

Our democracy and our safety are on the line right now. We will not stop fighting to protect both.

Thank you for being part of this critical work,

Vera Eidelman
ACLU attorney, fighting for free speech

---------------

We need the ACLU now more than ever.

And as we exercise our own rights, we need to respect the rights of other people. We all have rights.

I also support peaceful protest, and I do not support rioting and burning and looting.

Here in Anaheim the officers have been learning more and more about how to do healthy crowd control, the protesters can make their voices heard, while respecting the other people of our city.

I did crowd control when I worked at Universal Studios, we had Universal Studios, and we had the Universal City Walk, and we had the Universal Ampitheatre, and we easily had 25,000 people per day at Universal Studios. I did Show Control for one year, and I learned a lot about how to do crowd control. And the people who do crowd control at concerts, etc, they need to teach the police departments. If you can handle 80,000 Slayer fans at the Rose Bowl then you can learn a lot about doing crowd control, and you can teach the police departments. And officers can train by working at rock concerts and stuff and helping to do crowd control.

We have a right to protest, but they do not have a right to burn and loot my neighborhood grocery store where we all buy our groceries. So, you block off that area, and you do not let the crowd near the grocery store, and that kind of thing. You control the crowds.

Here in Anaheim we had some arrests during the protests, but there was not any looting nor burning, and no one was killed, it all turned out okay. And the police department is learning more and more about how to do peaceful crowd control, etc.

Anaheim is a good city, I am lucky to live here, and the police are training hard to learn more about how to allow peaceful protests, while keeping our stores safe, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #44939 on: July 27, 2020, 07:47:55 PM »

Slayer's lead singer's wife is a pro-trump racist POS.   He probably is also.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 2994 2995 [2996] 2997 2998 ... 4288