Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3091 3092 [3093] 3094 3095 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1598931 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46380 on: August 07, 2020, 09:14:45 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-star-tribune-endorses-ilhan-omar-opponent

Omar 15 minutes may be up         

She scares the shit out of you... good.

Actually not a big fan of hers myself. Too much hate speech comes from her.
But then, your definition of hate speech is being assertive about the problems of minority communities.

Actually, no. Dumbfuck.

Her particular kind of hate speech is well documented.

Let's just it doesn't start with, "Yo, Semites!"
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #46381 on: August 07, 2020, 09:19:19 AM »

I don't think you have to be a Pro-Trumper to view some of Omar's comments as being anti-Semitic. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46382 on: August 07, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/screw-covid-250-000-bikers-083423022.html

No surprise here. These are the folks who advocate for no helmet laws.

Or was that the Neurosurgeon Lobby?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46383 on: August 07, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-star-tribune-endorses-ilhan-omar-opponent

But then, your definition of hate speech is being assertive about the problems of minority communities.

Actually, no. Dumbfuck.

My apologies. You are scratching a different itch this morning.  I will amend:

But then your definition of hate speech is being critical of Israel while Muslim.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46384 on: August 07, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »

So God is for guns?

Look, if Jesus had an Ak47 with a 50 round pro mag drum magazine, others would have dying for their own sins ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46385 on: August 07, 2020, 10:02:42 AM »

Actually, no. Dumbfuck.

But then your definition of hate speech is being critical of Israel while Muslim.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
Leaf Blowers not Included
« Reply #46386 on: August 07, 2020, 10:03:37 AM »

Lack of study and oversight raises concerns about tear gas]Interesting AP examination of tear gas

As a chemical weapon it's actually banned in war.

Many police depts have switched from CS to OC chemical irritants, the latter mostly based on highly concentrated pepper resins.  Many protesters believe the tear gas has gotten stronger and more harmful.  Most tear gas is mostly a powder with chemicals added to keep it airborne.

I think a big part of the problem is that tear gas is a very easy police tactic so that it's overused.  And really it should never be used against peaceful demonstrators exercising their 1st A rights.

It’s unclear exactly who in the U.S. government is overseeing the production of tear gas and its use by domestic law enforcement.

The federal government regulates everything from lawn pesticides to labels on beer, but the AP could find no agency that regulates the manufacture or the use of tear gas.

In its attempt to find an oversight body, the AP contacted numerous federal agencies: the Environmental Protection Agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, the National Institutes of Health, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The effort devolved into a cross between alphabet soup and a game of hot potato. The EPA punted to the CDC, which passed the ball right back to EPA. The ATF referred questions to the Department of Justice. No agency claimed oversight.

An offensive weapon used fairly indiscriminately by police in public areas, and its production and use is left unattended.

And to further  counter bambu's blind assertion that BLM and street protests are not accomplishing anything:
In the absence of federal oversight, states are now moving to establish some control over the use of tear gas. A new law in Colorado says that before tear gas or pepper spray can be used, police must ensure that an order to disperse is heard and that people have enough time to move and an exit route to comply. The legislatures of Michigan, New York state, and Ohio all have bills in committee that curtail or prohibit the use of tear gas by law enforcement.

Likely more to follow.
Police abuses and tactics are being reviewed.  And laws are being passed to reign them in.  Next up is trying to take on police unions.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #46387 on: August 07, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »

Criticizing Israel doesn't make you an anti-Semite.   Seth Rogen takes on the tired old bullshit....

https://apnews.com/cd8614d0afeee761ae5dd9ba0b518f7e

As they continued to chat, Rogen appeared to question why Israel was established.

“You don’t keep all your Jews in one basket. I don’t understand why they did that. It makes no sense whatsoever,” Rogen said. “You don’t keep something you’re trying to preserve all in one place especially when that place has proven to be pretty volatile. I’m trying to keep all these things safe. I’m going to put them in my blender and hope that that’s the best place to, that’ll do it.”

Rogen then said he was “fed a huge amount of lies” about Israel during his youth. “They never tell you that ‘oh, by the way, there were people there.’ They make it seem like, ‘the (expletive) door’s open.’”

Maron and Rogen both joked about how frightened they were about the responses they would receive from Israel’s defenders. Their concerns were justified....   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46388 on: August 07, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »

Actually, no. Dumbfuck.

You should stick to defining speech for yourself, not me.

Because I tend to deal with what's reality, not your perception of it.

Being critical of Israel is one thing, but trafficking in the usual anti-Semitic tropes that too many Muslims and others use is another.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46389 on: August 07, 2020, 10:43:22 AM »

Criticizing Israel doesn't make you an anti-Semite.   Seth Rogen takes on the tired old bullshit....

https://apnews.com/cd8614d0afeee761ae5dd9ba0b518f7e

As they continued to chat, Rogen appeared to question why Israel was established.

“You don’t keep all your Jews in one basket. I don’t understand why they did that. It makes no sense whatsoever,” Rogen said. “You don’t keep something you’re trying to preserve all in one place especially when that place has proven to be pretty volatile. I’m trying to keep all these things safe. I’m going to put them in my blender and hope that that’s the best place to, that’ll do it.”

Rogen then said he was “fed a huge amount of lies” about Israel during his youth. “They never tell you that ‘oh, by the way, there were people there.’ They make it seem like, ‘the (expletive) door’s open.’”

Maron and Rogen both joked about how frightened they were about the responses they would receive from Israel’s defenders. Their concerns were justified....   

Look! We found a Jew who thinks like us!

Seth Rogen? Puhleeze...

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46390 on: August 07, 2020, 10:47:54 AM »

Your Muslim friend.

The votes are in and the counting has been completed: US Rep. Ilhan Omar is 2019’s biggest antisemite, according to stopantisemitism.org.
The NGO announced that Omar would be awarded the title of biggest antisemite of the year on Monday, including a video listing her achievements in the field of Jew-hatred, accompanied sarcastically by congratulatory music and confetti.

This list included:
1. Accusing American Jewry of possessing dual loyalty.
2. Alleging that Jews buy their influence with money, infamously stating “It’s all about the Benjamins.”
3. Accusing Israel of having hypnotized the world.
4. Supporting the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
5. Submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives comparing boycotting Israel to boycotting the Nazis.
6. Having her antisemitic statements endorsed by infamous neo-Nazi David Duke.

The organization also mentioned her refusal to take back or regret many of her antisemitic comments, as well as the backing she receives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood.

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/ilhan-omar-voted-2019s-antisemite-of-the-year-613308

#6 is my favorite one.

What a thrill to have her on the ballot as a Democrat!

oilcan

« Reply #46391 on: August 07, 2020, 10:55:11 AM »

Look! We found a Jew who thinks like us!

Seth Rogen? Puhleeze... 

He's not the only one.   And "puhleez" is an ad hom.   Zero content.   
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:04:05 AM by oilcan »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46392 on: August 07, 2020, 11:02:30 AM »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/congress-urges-postal-service-to-immediately-undo-changes-slowing-mail-2020-08-06?mod=home-page

During the pandemic, “Americans have turned to the Postal Service and depend on it for timely delivery of critical goods and a safe alternative to in-person interactions. As a result, we believe these changes must be reversed,’’ the Democrats said.

The flurry of letters came as the top Democrat on a Senate panel that oversees the Postal Service launched an investigation into the operational changes that he said “are preventing Americans from receiving critical mail on time, including prescription drugs, business mail and mail-in ballots.”

The cost-cutting measures, intended to address the Postal Service’s longtime financial problems, were imposed last month after DeJoy, a Republican fundraiser and former supply-chain executive, took over the top job in June. DeJoy, 63, of North Carolina, is a major donor to President Donald Trump and the Republican Party. He is the first postmaster general in nearly two decades who is not a career postal employee.

Michigan Sen. Gary Peters, the top Democrat on the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, said DeJoy has failed to provide answers about the service delays, despite repeated requests.

Peters is asking the public to provide their stories about delays or other problems with deliveries.

The Senate inquiry comes as lawmakers increasingly focus on the Postal Service, which is reeling from mail delays and financial problems at a time when record numbers of mail ballots are expected in the November presidential election because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The House Oversight Committee has called DeJoy to testify at a hearing next month.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46393 on: August 07, 2020, 11:02:45 AM »

He's not the only one.   And "puhleez" is an ad hom.   Zero content.

Keep reading.

oilcan

« Reply #46394 on: August 07, 2020, 11:05:13 AM »

Fuck off.   
Pages: 1 ... 3091 3092 [3093] 3094 3095 ... 4288