Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606270 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46950 on: August 12, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »

Not to make too much of it, but I'd posit that Americans can handle race better when the person in question isn't too Black in presentation, outlook, skin tone....   

A dismal truth pretty much universally recognized.   Media portrayals of blacks for the most part (before shows like Grays Anatomy) tended towards very Euro looking people.   (read some social scientist,  a few years back,  who studied the effect on a global scale, and found the same thing in various parts of the world,  e.g. Bollywood actors tend to be paler than the average Indian)   

bodiddley

• View Profile
OJ is OK
« Reply #46951 on: August 12, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »

In that OJ documentary there is a weird moment where one wealthy white guy explains that they didn't think of OJ as black.  And then goes on to say that OJ looked white, had white features.  OJ was a good looking guy with a nice manner, but his facial features certainly are black and not at all white.  It's bizarre how this guy reprocessed OJ's racial appearance, or that he felt the need to do so.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:44:14 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46952 on: August 12, 2020, 10:38:58 AM »

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46953 on: August 12, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »

I can hear Red's voice on the right side of these panels.

Then there are women who lie ..to the police and in court to gain wrongful convictions and then sue for financial compensation, as men are carted away to prison for the best part of their lives.
Google "False rape allegations"...it's all there in black and white.

Hey, Bambi?

Why don't you try addressing the TRUTH of what this says, for a change, instead of trying to change the topic?

Are you denying that what this describes actually happens? Are you claiming that it's untrue or true less often than made up?!

bambu did something in his past that he’s afraid will catch up to him one day.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46954 on: August 12, 2020, 10:52:58 AM »

Not to make too much of it, but I'd posit that Americans can handle race better when the person in question isn't too Black in presentation, outlook, skin tone....   

A dismal truth pretty much universally recognized. 
LOL!
No better example than Joe Biden who in 2007 said in describing Barack Obama:

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46955 on: August 12, 2020, 10:56:38 AM »

LOL!

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Looking at a guy named Barack Obama through the eyes of a sixtyish Irish Catholic?

Well... yeah.
Where’s the lie?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46956 on: August 12, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »

LOL!

Looking at a guy named Barack Obama through the eyes of a sixtyish Irish Catholic?

Well... yeah.
Where’s the lie?
Red as always worships at the altar of Whataboutism.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46957 on: August 12, 2020, 11:10:10 AM »

LOL!

Well... yeah.
Where’s the lie?
Ask Joe. He apologized to Obama.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46958 on: August 12, 2020, 11:17:59 AM »

Meanwhile REDSTATEWARD won't be asking Trump to apologize for tweeting racist tropes about black people moving in and ruining nice white suburbs, because he's fine with it when the racism is intentional and sincere.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #46959 on: August 12, 2020, 11:55:30 AM »

https://www.thelily.com/how-do-black-women-see-kamala-harris-theres-a-lot-that-raises-eyebrows-one-expert-says/

Cultural gap between Kamala and African-American voters.   Father Jamaican,  mother East Indian,  spent a lot of childhood with Mom in Montreal speaking French.  And unlike Obama (also not descended from American blacks) ,  she didn't marry into an African-American family.   I don't think any of this is a big problem,  but it helps to understand why some black voters see her as an outsider who went to Howard to get some blackness tutorials.   And the thing with prosecution of parents with truant children in California, signaling maybe she didn't quite get the challenges of single parenting.   

If Joe wasn't 78 around inauguration, none of this would matter quite as much.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46960 on: August 12, 2020, 12:05:10 PM »

https://www.thelily.com/how-do-black-women-see-kamala-harris-theres-a-lot-that-raises-eyebrows-one-expert-says/

Cultural gap between Kamala and African-American voters.   Father Jamaican,  mother East Indian,  spent a lot of childhood with Mom in Montreal speaking French.  And unlike Obama (also not descended from American blacks) ,  she didn't marry into an African-American family.   I don't think any of this is a big problem,  but it helps to understand why some black voters see her as an outsider who went to Howard to get some blackness tutorials.   And the thing with prosecution of parents with truant children in California, signaling maybe she didn't quite get the challenges of single parenting.   

If Joe wasn't 78 around inauguration, none of this would matter quite as much.

If black people trusted white voters this wouldn’t matter much.

Why do you think Joe Biden got the black vote? Because black people want Trump out and white folks showed they’d vote for a racist moron over a qualified white woman.

The nation is about to be introduced to “SKEE WEE!”

Watch.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46961 on: August 12, 2020, 12:07:38 PM »

Here’s a good take on Harris that scratches below the surface of her identification as a Black women.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/16/kamala-harris-grew-up-mostly-white-world-then-she-went-black-university-black-city/?arc404=true

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46963 on: August 12, 2020, 12:35:10 PM »

Good ole Red-he goes back 13 years to try and tarnish Biden who was complimenting Obama.

Wouldn't it be easier to look back 10 minutes, andreflect upon the long list of examples of naked hatred and prejudice Trump feeds the deplorables daily and has for years?

Trump is going to bathe in filth for the next couple of months and run a campaign filled with hate and lies and Russian interference and voter suppression.

Why anyone who loves America would vote for Trump is beyond me-the motherfucker represents nothing NOTHING decent Americans can rally around or be proud about.

He is an inept corrupt racist Russian puppet.

and its far past time to cut the strings.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46964 on: August 12, 2020, 12:38:19 PM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 ... 4288