Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3190 3191 [3192] 3193 3194 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007074 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47865 on: August 20, 2020, 09:29:58 PM »

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/white-people-should-give-up-their-homes/4079202/

A group of Black Lives Matter protesters in Seattle marched through a residential neighbourhood this week demanding[/b] that white residents give up their homes, dramatic video shows.

In this case, what is the right thing for the White people to do?

They should educate themselves on the history of the neighborhood, try to support black-owned businesses, and learn if deed theft occurred there
 -- but they don't owe their homes to the previous occupants.  That's not how this works.  Those folks need to take their megaphones to the homes of those who are responsible.

Deed theft?
What is that, please.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47866 on: August 20, 2020, 09:38:44 PM »

Nobody has their finger on the pulse of the African-American community like Bambu does.

He learnt a lot from Cosby.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47867 on: August 20, 2020, 09:40:58 PM »

Nobody has their finger on the pulse of the African-American community like Bambu does.

Okay.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47868 on: August 20, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »

Okay.

Trouble is...not many Black people in America seem to have listened to him.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47869 on: August 20, 2020, 09:49:59 PM »

You mean all the stuff he said about keeping your nose clean and obeying the law?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47871 on: August 20, 2020, 10:20:58 PM »

Should be hilarious watching leftists praise the electoral college voting system if Biden wins.

We opposed it when Obama won. I see no reason we would suddenly embrace it if Biden wins.

Your uninformed, heavily biased bullshit opinions are stupid.

I have reported your last sentence to Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

Many of my words used to be fluous, but then they got bitten by a radioactive adverb.

Now they are super fluous!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47872 on: August 20, 2020, 10:24:42 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/politics/patricia-mark-mccloskey-rnc-st-louis-couple-guns-protesters/index.html

This seems to me to be an odd decision for a national convention.

I don't suppose it's an odd decision for a Trump convention...

Sort of like the Khans in '16.

Right.

Because the Khans were accused of a crime for pointing weapons at other people.

Oh, wait...

No, Kid, not like the Khans. The Khans are slightly closer to the kid who sued the news papers, also on the GOP convention docket, because at least he did nothing illegal.

But unlike the Khans, there is no "gold star" aspect to their family. The St. Louis couple was not insulted by Biden. Your comparison is... not a comparison.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47873 on: August 20, 2020, 10:26:17 PM »

At least 15 states reporting Covid cases at colleges and universities

heh

Thanks, JoshNN.

All COVID, all the time.

Pretty funny coming immediately after a post of mine that you responded to that had nothing to do with COVID-19!

If you don't find that striking, it is because you want to minimize the importance of how we are (and are not) handling the virus.

Just like Trump!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47874 on: August 20, 2020, 10:27:12 PM »

You mean all the stuff he said about keeping your nose clean and obeying the law?

That's it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47875 on: August 20, 2020, 10:34:47 PM »

That's it.

You're a big fan of "do as I say, not as I do," are you?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47876 on: August 20, 2020, 10:35:34 PM »

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/report-urges-action-on-flooding-erosion-from-climate-change/2180966/

It would cost $88 million to get them up to requirements for what's coming... in the short to medium term.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47877 on: August 20, 2020, 10:38:09 PM »

That's it.
uUh, yeah.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47878 on: August 20, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »

That's it.
uUh, yeah.

His advice is still as valid and wise as ever...even more so given his current circumstances.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47879 on: August 20, 2020, 11:03:05 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8648391/Former-Republican-CIA-FBI-heads-national-security-officials-Biden.html

Seventy former top national security folks from the GOP have an ad coming out attacking Trump and endorsing Biden.

The true believers like Kid and Ward don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 3190 3191 [3192] 3193 3194 ... 4288