Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3659 3660 [3661] 3662 3663 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877127 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54900 on: October 28, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cook-political-report-biden-victory

One of the folks who predicted that Trump would win, despite a lower popular vote, says he expects Biden to win.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54901 on: October 28, 2020, 11:26:30 AM »

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/editorials/os-op-puerto-rico-statehood-editorial-20201023-i3suo67lqrbe3a6nyis6632kly-story.html

I agree with this.

And if the island's citizens vote for statehood, then the two political parties, both of which claim in their platforms to support PR statehood if the territory wants it, should finally act on it.

I would argue that they should act on it immediately after the election results are in, but I doubt that Trump would sign it into law.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/4901/text?r=6&s=1

yeah

good luck.

Do you support Puerto Rican statehood, Kid?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54902 on: October 28, 2020, 11:31:11 AM »

There's a simple solution to the NBA problem.

White males, the most hated group in the world today, should start their own basketball league...WMBA.
Grant Napear could be the commentator.
They would get some sponsors.
"VROOM VROOM Trucks are proud to support the WMBA."

And, seeing as how it is said that white males are a major problem in universities today, they should start their own universities.
"WMU offer courses especially suited to the education and advancement of White Males.
Highly qualified 'old style' professors/tutors."
Law
Medicine
Dentistry
Economics
Rocket science
Veterinary science.
Environment
Trades
Business admin.
Etc.

Yes. It'll be called Australian Rules Basketball..

Fuck off, bigot.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54903 on: October 28, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »

Most people think the Trump GOP has failed America with it's ineptitude handling the pandemic.

You mean most people you hang out on message boards with.

No, dumbshit. Most people with average intelligence or above hold Trump accountable.

Here's just one example of why you're wrong.

Again.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/poll-americans-blame-donald-trump-for-catching-covid
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54904 on: October 28, 2020, 11:41:18 AM »

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/editorials/os-op-puerto-rico-statehood-editorial-20201023-i3suo67lqrbe3a6nyis6632kly-story.html

I agree with this.

And if the island's citizens vote for statehood, then the two political parties, both of which claim in their platforms to support PR statehood if the territory wants it, should finally act on it.

I would argue that they should act on it immediately after the election results are in, but I doubt that Trump would sign it into law.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/4901/text?r=6&s=1

yeah

good luck.

Kid thinks they got paper towels from Trump. That should be enough.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54906 on: October 28, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-10-27/bloomberg-is-funding-late-biden-push-in-texas-ohio-new-york-times

Thank you for your support, Mr. Bloomberg, but this is yet another example of why we need to get $$ out of the election process and get rid of Citizens United.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54907 on: October 28, 2020, 11:57:29 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54908 on: October 28, 2020, 12:00:01 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #54909 on: October 28, 2020, 12:07:31 PM »

from Blue Revolution:

"The originalist requested the other originalist swear her in. If they held to originalist interpretations, she would not be allowed to be a justice, he would only be worth 3/5 of a person, and his marriage would be completely invalid.

Just remember this picture: The worst president in history watching this witless moron who replaced Thurgood Marshall,  swearing in the ultra conservative neophyte who replaced Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Two sexual predators and a handmaiden. All three are illegitimate."
Clarence Thomas is vilified for being black.
No he wasn't.
Amy Coney Barrett is vilified for being a Catholic Woman.
No she wasn't.
Therefore both are ‘ illegitimate”?
Your premises are both erroneous and therefore your conclusion is invalid.
May want to figure out how to read so you can get your “premises “in order

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54912 on: October 28, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »

no

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 3659 3660 [3661] 3662 3663 ... 4288