Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3895 3896 [3897] 3898 3899 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1613074 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58440 on: November 28, 2020, 04:47:31 PM »

These petty squabbles are unappealing and unending.

To change the subject:

Is Trump the greatest mass murderer in US history? 
Discuss.

You may remember I broached that assertion several weeks ago and naturally BANKS  attacked me because I alluded to the evil motherfuckers deliberately letting this virus spread unchecked to Nazis and a final solution.

Nice spin, though. You still don't get the difference between willful murder and indifference.

But then, you hate Jews.

Similar results without the expense of contracting for gas chambers and zyklnB

If only it had been indifference.

It might have been on Trump's part, but not on Jared's and not on the GOP leadership's.

Probably not on Trump's part, either, given his racist history.

Because there is a third area... in which one actively chooses not to intervene, to give the appearance of natural deaths when it just isn't so.

That's what happened with the WH's choice to not get involved, when they had been planning on it, previously.

Already demonstrated out the wazoo.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58441 on: November 28, 2020, 04:49:15 PM »

Banks, if you started with a simple request to see the data and Larry told you to fuck off and do your own research you’d be on note with the Jenna comeback. Larry was already being hard ass about it to Utz, which might have seemed like an opening. I don’t think it was because Utz was doing his over sugared nine year old thing from the jump, embodying swine and earning no pearls. From your side of the conversation Jenna wasn’t a comeback, it was an opening and as such got us where we are.

Once Larry got asked if he’d show us his project in a not terribly insulting way, he did it pretty directly.

Not suffering fools is one thing. I give you props for not suffering my excesses of foolishness among all the others. On the other hand, going fool hunting, as you sometimes do, opens you up to the risk of catching yourself, as you have in this instance.

We can’t all “Be best”, but we can try to be better at least every once in a while.

If you were charged with writing Hitler's biography, fac, you'd center it around what a great artist old Adolph was and how he was misunderstood by his mother, the army, and the Allies. It'd be titled "Springtime for Hitler".

Weren't you very upset two weeks ago when Larry wrote the republicans are enacting "a final solution of sorts"?
But in this post you're comparing facils defense of Larry to a hagiography of Adolph Hitler, architect of the final solution.

I'm confused.... either it's not cool to bring up the holocaust or it is.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58442 on: November 28, 2020, 04:50:56 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss.

You may remember I broached that assertion several weeks ago and naturally BANKS  attacked me because I alluded to the evil motherfuckers deliberately letting this virus spread unchecked to Nazis and a final solution.

And banks kicked the shit out of knicks on that discussion.

Do you really want to have that debate again of how the Hitler etal planned for 15 or more years the extermination of European Jews, and carried it out, and exterminated about 66% of European Jews with Trump's ineptitiude  about a virus that anyone, of any race, color or creed could get infected with?

To knicks the final solution which claimed about 6 million Jews and another 3-4 million other undesirables was just like catching a bug.

Knicks-You really are a stupid fucking asshole.

Knicks-You're indifferecne to the suffering of other people due to prejudice and hatred is well documented as you seem to enjoy claiming sole ownership in this matter.

so wallow in your self-pity.

Douche-bag.

Planning or taking advantage of a bad situation to make it worse.

Evil is evil.

Evil is evil but Trump fucked himself, if he wasn't so fucking inept in his handling of covid, the moron would have been re-elected.

There was a huge differecne between the Final solution and covid.

if you insist of equating the two in the face of overwhelming historical facts to the contrary, you're nothing but a race-baiting hateful bigot.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58443 on: November 28, 2020, 05:00:41 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss.

Nobody ever kicks the shit out of anybody in these discussions, no matter how much we posture otherwise.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58444 on: November 28, 2020, 05:02:57 PM »

Trump isn’t a leader. He’s a grifter. He’s grifting from a party that is the purest distillation of Evil possible in American culture. Tom Cotton is planning, and if ever elevated in some great national misfortune, will execute a final solution because he actually is as Evil as the party he hopes to lead.

When you want to point to some element of our culture more evil than the republican party, make sure it’s not one like the proud boys or the kkk that has already been folded into the shrinking republican tent.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58445 on: November 28, 2020, 05:03:19 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss.

Nobody ever kicks the shit out of anybody in these discussions, no matter how much we posture otherwise.

Josh-You're wrong, facts and well constructed arguments win debates.

That one side doesn't understand they got destroyed in a debate doesnt alter the fact.

oilcan

« Reply #58446 on: November 28, 2020, 05:03:43 PM »

Mass murderers of history seem to sort into two main groups -  direct killing and letting starvation do the job.   The starvers leave themselves an out,  where they can pretend "those dead people killed themselves because they didn't cooperate with the program. "   Trump would be closer to the starver camp,  since it was based on a passive inaction of letting shit happen.

So, Trump is like the British.

Makes sense.

Yep.   Nobody made a potato blight and dropped it into Irish fields.  But once the staple food was wiped out,  Ireland was a distant unreal place to most English, it had no seats in parliament, and it was seen as a nuisance place full of Papists.   Some parallels to Puerto Rico. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58447 on: November 28, 2020, 05:06:19 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss

That one side doesn't understand they got destroyed in a debate doesnt alter the fact.

Fool hunting with the usual predictable results.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58448 on: November 28, 2020, 05:08:14 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss.

Nice spin, though. You still don't get the difference between willful murder and indifference.

But then, you hate Jews.

If only it had been indifference.

It might have been on Trump's part, but not on Jared's and not on the GOP leadership's.

Probably not on Trump's part, either, given his racist history.

Because there is a third area... in which one actively chooses not to intervene, to give the appearance of natural deaths when it just isn't so.

That's what happened with the WH's choice to not get involved, when they had been planning on it, previously.

Already demonstrated out the wazoo.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58449 on: November 28, 2020, 05:10:58 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss.

Yeah, it really does.

One of the reasons the "fact" is impacted by my position about "kicking the shit out of" another poster is that we are prone to cognitive bias, making it very hard for us to accept the other's position.

We don't even accept one another's facts, let alone "well constructed arguments." Nor are these debates.

I know that Ward is a lying sack of shit who refuses to accept science - but that he ignores evidence ("No, I don't - YOU ignore evidence!") and lies and denies and whatnot has absolutely zero impact on him. I have not "kicked the shit out of him[/i], even if I have made him look foolish to (almost) everybody else here.

He's uninjured and his reputation unchanged.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58450 on: November 28, 2020, 05:14:02 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss

Fool hunting with the usual predictable results.

Fac-sorry I don't find xyklon B and gas chambers nearly as funny as knicks does.

If you think i shot myself with the argument re the Final Solution and covid-then we disagree.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:25:17 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58451 on: November 28, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »

Where did I find gas chambers and  ZyklonB funny?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58452 on: November 28, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »

To change the subject:

Discuss.

Yeah, it really does.

One of the reasons the "fact" is impacted by my position about "kicking the shit out of" another poster is that we are prone to cognitive bias, making it very hard for us to accept the other's position.

We don't even accept one another's facts, let alone "well constructed arguments." Nor are these debates.

I know that Ward is a lying sack of shit who refuses to accept science - but that he ignores evidence ("No, I don't - YOU ignore evidence!") and lies and denies and whatnot has absolutely zero impact on him. I have not "kicked the shit out of him[/i], even if I have made him look foolish to (almost) everybody else here.

He's uninjured and his reputation unchanged.

Josh we disagee.

We both use facts in our discussions and attempts to persuade. You with Red and me recently with knicks.

And there is generally a more persuasive side, a winner as it were in these discussions.

You probably feel the same way otherwise you wouldn't have spent so much time trying to convince Red of your arguments.

Pity you wasted so much of your time.

oilcan

« Reply #58453 on: November 28, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »

In Kansas, 368,770 people are struggling with hunger...and of them129,780 are children.
1 in 5 children struggles with hunger. People facing hunger in Kansas are estimated to report needing $181,639,000 more per year to meet their food needs.

feedingamerica.org>Kansas

Will Joe be sending them food?
A  spaceship to Mars cost $4 billion...B for Billion.

I'm a donor to foodbanks.   Growing children that don't eat well become,  in a decade,  a burden on social services,  the justice system,  and health system.   I couldn't give one tiny turd about Mars.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58454 on: November 28, 2020, 05:23:26 PM »

Where did I find gas chambers and  ZyklonB funny?

In your off the cuff response to Utley

Your casual indifference to the extermination of 6 million people was disgusting.

You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:25:44 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 3895 3896 [3897] 3898 3899 ... 4288