Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4149 4150 [4151] 4152 4153 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1875819 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62250 on: January 08, 2021, 08:27:50 PM »

There is no “Capitol” in Seattle.
Well, yes there is. It was known as Capitol Hill until the June riots when it became known as the
Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ),also known as Free Capitol Hill, the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, or the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP).

I’m surprised you don’t remember.
Do you think you refuted my point?
Yes. In spades.
Especially Given the post you were referring to.
Not to mention your insults.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62251 on: January 08, 2021, 08:28:42 PM »

Daily Telegraph:

Miranda writes;

Miranda Devine: Suddenly, political violence is a problem

The rabble that stormed Capitol Hill behaved appallingly but where was the left that is condemning them when their side was burning down American cities, asks Miranda Devine.

#####

Indeed.

The storming of the US Capitol by a group of fired-up Trump supporters was a tragedy for the Republican party, for conservatives and populist nationalists — and for Donald Trump and his legacy.

It has bestowed the great gift of the moral high ground on the most undeserving people in the world: Joe Biden and the left.

They now have a free pass to persecute their ideological enemies while enacting their pet cultural Marxist projects and changing America irrevocably for the worst.

They will be unimpeded by a Senate now in Democratic control, thanks to Tuesday’s Georgia run-off debacle.

Those selfies they took on the House floor – or in the case of one bearded man, sitting in House Speaker’s Nancy Pelosi’s evacuated office with his feet on her desk — were dumb and self-incriminating.
I hope they were worth it, because you know they won’t receive the kid glove treatment that BLM-Antifa received with last year’s “mostly peaceful protests”.

They didn’t throw bricks at police or burn police buildings to the ground or beat innocent passers-by senseless. But they will have the book thrown at them, because it’s not the crime you commit that matters any more, it’s who you are.

E ery Democratic politician of note condemned the violence. Someone should tell that devine idiot.

Miranda is one of my pin up girls.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62252 on: January 08, 2021, 08:32:57 PM »

enacting their pet cultural Marxist projects and changing America irrevocably for the worst.

Expanding medical insurance for maybe another 10M Americans.  Might as well just flush the entire American enterprise down the crapper.
Raising taxes on billionaires.  Akin to communism.
Promoting green and clean energy sources.  But what about our commitment to giving billions to the Saudis for good honest polluting fuels.

I assume mostly what she and many on the Right object to is treating non-white Americans as equals and letting them share in the American Dream.  Keep America White.

"Assumption is the mother of all F ups"

barton

« Reply #62253 on: January 08, 2021, 08:33:57 PM »

Not only did those who broke into the Capitol fail to wear masks to protect their health and identity, but most/all brought with them their own personal tracking device, which some used to document their illegal acts.

A Q someone asked on these here interwebs:
Question: can’t we find out who breached the Capitol by using GPS phone data from the various cell phone carriers? Check the location and time and we would know  who’s phone was inside the Capitol.

Is GPS locationing precise enough to identify who enter the Capitol building area, and who stayed outside the perimeter?  I doubt it.
I wonder if some invaders logged on to the Capitol wifi.  My phone automatically accesses available public wifi.  Using Capitol wifi would probably be a pretty good tell who was inside.

In any case, GPS/phone location should be able to easily identify who was part of the protest crowd, and then use pictures and video to visually ID those who illegally entered.

Hi,  Bo.

There is also the work of the independent investigative group,  Bellingcat,  which I posted a lengthy WaPo clip about two pages back (and likely no one read given the high traffic today).   A lot of these people actually took video of themselves breaking a federal law and posted it online, at least until they thought better of it...

From the article:

That poses a problem in the moment. Think of it like a curve: an enormous amount of documentation of what happened at the Capitol existed at the moment it was happening. Much of that quickly made its way online. As hours pass, more and more of it will vanish, in part because the people documenting what they saw will begin to realize that it might not be useful to have publicly recorded themselves violating federal law. That Instagram post that got 20 likes from 100 followers is suddenly something the FBI might find useful. It’s also something that employers might not appreciate. Facebook itself announced it would begin removing videos and photos from Wednesday out of concern that they promote criminal activity.

Once that video or photo is removed, so is the piece of history that is documented. So, amateur archivists have already sprung into action to capture and store the scenes that unfolded during the Capitol takeover.

One group collecting those records is Bellingcat. The group of independent investigators already has a robust track record of using publicly available evidence to piece together historic events. They were instrumental in uncovering Russia’s role in shooting down Malaysian Air Flight 17 over Ukraine in 2014 and, last year, helped determine that Iranian antiaircraft fire brought down a plane in that country. Shortly after the Capitol was secured on Wednesday, Bellingcat announced that it was asking volunteers to contribute videos and photos documenting what had occurred....   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62254 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:20 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

What was Trump doing during the riot and invasion of the Capitol? He was trying to get Tommy Tuberville to hold up more states, along with Giuliani.

Both of them called Mike Lee, by mistake.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62255 on: January 08, 2021, 08:43:32 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/8/2007306/-Dark-money-group-behind-Republican-state-attorneys-general-organized-protest-before-the-insurrection

Republican RICO, then gallows and firing squad for one and all.

I hope you didn’t contribute to any of the terrorist organizations involved in this cracker insurrection, Red but I think in fact you did.

If I find out where you get locked up, I’ll try to throw you a roll of paper towel.

Kiid will do his time in Otay Mesa in a safe humane baby cage, since he’s now a stateless refugee with no valid papers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #62256 on: January 08, 2021, 08:47:57 PM »

Well, yes there is. It was known as Capitol Hill until the June riots when it became known as the
Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ),also known as Free Capitol Hill, the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, or the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP).

HAHAHA for this post you show up? 

Go back to hiding in shame.

After what happened on Jan 6th you Republicans lost any moral high ground you might have felt you possessed.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #62257 on: January 08, 2021, 08:50:39 PM »

After what happened on Jan 6th you Republicans lost any moral high ground you might have felt you possessed.
What “ moral high ground have I claimed?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62258 on: January 08, 2021, 08:54:28 PM »

Do you think you refuted my point?
Yes. In spades.
Especially Given the post you were referring to.
Not to mention your insults.
No, the post he referred to from bambu spoke of protesters occupying "the Capitol" in Seattle. Not Capitol Hill. The Capitol is in Olympia. So, no, you didn't refute his post, in spades or otherwise. "Especially G[sic]iven the post [he was] referring to."
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62259 on: January 08, 2021, 08:54:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/economy/women-job-losses-pandemic/index.html

The US economy lost 140,000 jobs last month.

All of them were occupied by women.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #62260 on: January 08, 2021, 08:56:12 PM »

Red got a tax cut.

I wonder for the few dollars Red may have saved, if he thinks the enormous damage that Trump has done to this country, the people, the economy, our standing in the world, our national security, and our core principles, if it was worth it.

He probably got a 60" TV, to watch tOSU, so he's probably happy.

Dumb fuck

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62261 on: January 08, 2021, 08:58:52 PM »

Miranda continues:

DT today;

For Georgia, we can blame Trump’s irrational efforts to overturn the November election result, and a clueless GOP establishment which offered Peach State voters two candidates so cartoonishly wrong for the times they may as well have begged the MAGA base to stay home.

A guy who made his money outsourcing jobs to China, and a wealthy elitist with a fake southern accent. What were they thinking?

So, as bad as the Capitol Hill anarchy yesterday looked, we shouldn’t be surprised after the way leftist violence was condoned most of last year. You let the genie out of the bottle, there’s no telling where it goes.

Joe Biden’s attempt at being a teleprompter statesman condemning the protests was laughable. Does he think we forgot he sat by benignly as his supporters torched American cities for months leading up to the election? Portland is still burning, not that you hear that on CNN.

Suddenly the same politicians and media squawkers who turned a blind eye to actual violence, arson and murder are big advocates of “law and order”. Give me a break.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #62262 on: January 08, 2021, 08:59:25 PM »

Red's comfortable in the gutter, but from time to time, he remembers the old saying, "dont shit where you eat" so he stops by Elba.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62263 on: January 08, 2021, 09:00:03 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #62264 on: January 08, 2021, 09:14:16 PM »

There's a post for everything RED

RIP
David Dorn
RIP
Dave Patrick Underwood

Black law enforcement veterans  murdered by cowardly rioters 

You felt quite comfortable wishing facetious condolences this summer but where are your tears for Brian Sicknick?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 4149 4150 [4151] 4152 4153 ... 4288