Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4160 4161 [4162] 4163 4164 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1867891 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62415 on: January 09, 2021, 05:22:27 PM »

Trump:  "Let's focus on a peaceful transition"

Democrats:  "No."

If trump were serious about a peaceful transition he would resign or commit suicide. So far he hasn’t done either because he isn’t serious about a peaceful transition.

Don’t get bricked coming home from a grocery store, kid, assuming you still go to grocery stores and aren’t fully dependent on food banks like so many in this republican economy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62416 on: January 09, 2021, 05:24:06 PM »

Trump:  "Let's focus on a peaceful transition"

Democrats:  "No."
Try again.

Democrats: Let's focus on a peaceful transition.

Trump: Fuck that shit. I am filing lawsuits alleging no evidence to try to overturn a fair and free election.

Democrats: You lost all those lawsuits. All the states have completed their recounts and audits. Let's focus on a peaceful transition.

Trump: Fuck that shit. I'll try to get the courts and legislatures to overturn the certified votes again without any evidence.

Democrats: You lost again. Let's focus on a peaceful transition.

Trump: Fuck that shit. I will try to have Congress overturn the electoral votes for no good reason, and have.Pence declare me the winner!

Democrats: Pence said no and there is no possibility the challenges will pass. Let's focus on a peaceful transition.

Trump: Fuck that shit. I will have my rallying forces, armed, ready and present by my call, March down to the Capitol (note to Red: it is a building)!

MAGA men, QAnon followers and white supremacists storm Capitol (again, it is a building) to the horror and revulsion of the whole country

Trump: Love you guys!

Entire nation including many Republican legislators: What the fuck is wrong with you?

Trump: My coup failed. Let's focus on a peaceful transition.

Democrats: Now? Fuck that shit. You cannot escape the consequences of your acts.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62417 on: January 09, 2021, 05:58:16 PM »

Heh.   "....again, it is a building."

As the X-wing fighter drops its bomb down a thermal vent on the Deathstar,  Vader calls for focus on a peaceful transition to an escape pod.   
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62418 on: January 09, 2021, 06:04:48 PM »

TWITTERPublished 6 hours ago
'Hang Mike Pence' trends on Twitter after platform suspends Trump for risk of 'incitement of violence'

wow
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #62419 on: January 09, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »

It is with a heavy heart and a deep sense of responsibility that I must submit my resignation, effective immediately, from my post on this Death Star. However, I see no other choice.

Now is the time for all of us to stand up from our posts and do what is right.

It’s been an honor to work on this Death Star. I love the aesthetic. I love how I’ve been able to pursue my greatest passion: destroying planets and pressing buttons. I love my little hat that is a sunshade for no reason! I love the easy-to-access computer interfaces, the blast-door equipped hallways and that one area we can access only by pressing a button to extend a bridge. Our design always made a lot of sense to me! And I love our reliable trash disposal system and the little one-eyed tentacle fella that lives in it. In general, I’m proud of this station and of what we’ve achieved on it, together.... 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/09/trump-cabinet-resignations-death-star/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62420 on: January 09, 2021, 06:11:18 PM »

'Hang Mike Pence' trends on Twitter after platform suspends Trump for risk of 'incitement of violence'

wow

They were pushing "Hang Mike Pence" when they left the rally for their march to the Capitol Building, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #62423 on: January 09, 2021, 06:25:52 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-lawyers-dershowitz-giuliani/index.html

Please, yes, take them!
Hiring Giuliani as your impeachment attorney by itself justifies invoking th 25th Amendment.

- William of Baskerville

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62424 on: January 09, 2021, 06:57:41 PM »

We’ve got to get guns away from the criminal, the violent, and the mentally ill, bambu.

Anyone who listens to anyone you listen to must be fully and completely disarmed.

LOL

I agree with many of the things Biden/Harris will be trying to achieve. Think they'll be having trouble getting laws passed.
If I were a recently elected Dem politician I'd be very wary of starting a 'war on guns'. I certainly would not be voting for any law that would stop voters in my state from wearing guns in their own homes.
Get it wrong and Blue states now could very quickly turn red.
Wearing a gun in your own home is a frightening level of paranoia.

Really?

If this young mom had been wearing a gun... in her living room, with it ready to fire when the big huge monstrous man who happened to be Black, kicked down the door, deadbolt and all, at 10.30am and bashed and kicked her senseless then threw her down the stairs...she could have whipped out her gun and shot him as he came across the room.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/millburn-new-jersey-violent-home-robbery-woman-assaulted-surveillance-video/2096910/

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:03:35 PM by bambu. »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #62425 on: January 09, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-lawyers-dershowitz-giuliani/index.html

Please, yes, take them!
Hiring Giuliani as your impeachment attorney by itself justifies invoking th 25th Amendment.
Senate can’t take up any impeachment trial until January 19 according to McConnell.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62426 on: January 09, 2021, 07:07:11 PM »

Yes, that is what is happening to people in their own homes mid morning in America.
Nowhere is safe.

Police are searching for the robber who punched and kicked a young mother in front of her 3-year-old daughter before throwing her down the stairs of her home in an upscale New Jersey community, and authorities hope footage of the attack captured on a nanny camera will help identify the intruder.

Millburn Police in Essex County said the woman and her daughter were watching cartoons on the couch, a baby boy asleep upstairs, when the suspect kicked in the dead-bolted door of their Cypress Street home at about 10:30 a.m. Friday and pounced on the mother.

The suspect beat the mother as the little girl watched, punching and kicking the woman at least 16 times before pushing her down the basement stairs, police said. 

The assault was captured on a nanny cam. Footage from that camera shows the woman being tossed around and beaten as her daughter (seen as a blur in the video) looks on. The mother stays nearly silent during the end of the attack.

"She stayed quiet because she didn't want to upset the 3-year-old child who was witnessing the whole crime," said Millburn Police Captain Michael Palardy, who called the brutal assault "despicable."

The attacker appears to stop at one point to say something to the child. She was not hurt.

The suspect took off with jewelry and valuables, including the woman's weddings rings and her purse, police said.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #62427 on: January 09, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »

We’ve got to get guns away from the criminal, the violent, and the mentally ill, bambu.

Anyone who listens to anyone you listen to must be fully and completely disarmed.

LOL

I agree with many of the things Biden/Harris will be trying to achieve. Think they'll be having trouble getting laws passed.
If I were a recently elected Dem politician I'd be very wary of starting a 'war on guns'. I certainly would not be voting for any law that would stop voters in my state from wearing guns in their own homes.
Get it wrong and Blue states now could very quickly turn red.
Wearing a gun in your own home is a frightening level of paranoia.

Really?

If this young mom had been wearing a gun... in her living room, with it ready to fire when the big huge monstrous man who happened to be Black, kicked down the door, deadbolt and all, at 10.30am and bashed and kicked her senseless then threw her down the stairs...she could have whipped out her gun and shot him as he came across the room.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/millburn-new-jersey-violent-home-robbery-woman-assaulted-surveillance-video/2096910/
You have always displayed a frightening level of paranoia.

- William of Baskerville

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62428 on: January 09, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »

Trump: Fuck that shit. I will have my rallying forces, armed, ready and present by my call, March down to the Capitol (note to Red: it is a building)!

Weak sauce.

What were they armed with?

How many were armed?

Did Trump arm them or ask them to be so?

How many even planned to "storm the building"?  And who were (though not innocent) the followers caught up in the event?  What percentage just walked around or walked around and took selfies?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62429 on: January 09, 2021, 07:30:30 PM »

wow

They were pushing "Hang Mike Pence" when they left the rally for their march to the Capitol Building, Kid.

Evidently

Wow.
Pages: 1 ... 4160 4161 [4162] 4163 4164 ... 4288