Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583725 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #917 on: August 18, 2018, 11:50:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbiaVIa85KA

Straight Answer to a Tough Question: Taking a Knee in the NFL

A senatorial candidate answers it directly, even though I doubt his answer will be popular where he is running.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 18, 2018, 11:54:52 PM »

It’s funny when most of the candidates running know their constituents would prefer that trump drown in the Potomac river than continue to infest the White House. It’s a clear sign of a weak president.

Trump is not a weak President.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 19, 2018, 12:00:42 AM »

Hoping CBS and Fox follow ESPN's lead - refuse to air SSB.

NFL Network likely cant.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #920 on: August 19, 2018, 12:12:44 AM »

Hoping CBS and Fox follow ESPN's lead - refuse to air SSB.

NFL Network likely cant.

Be easier if y’all stop making the protest about the flag and troops and tell the police to ease up on fucking wth black people before the cops stop discriminating and start fucking with YOU on the regular.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 19, 2018, 12:31:05 AM »

BETO said the po-lice were just part of it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 19, 2018, 03:13:36 AM »

BETO said the po-lice were just part of it.

And he was right.

But it would be a start, Kiid.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 19, 2018, 03:14:49 AM »

It’s funny when most of the candidates running know their constituents would prefer that trump drown in the Potomac river than continue to infest the White House. It’s a clear sign of a weak president.

Trump is not a weak President.

You can keep believing that, if you would like.

His bluster suggests otherwise. Ditto his actions.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 19, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »

Says the man who pulls out Goebbels "comparisons" at the drop of a hat.

Shut up, you sanctimonious twit.
Heh. You use that after your previous post? Not only are you a hypocrite, you're a moron too.

Listen, Pikesville Putz, as a Jew, you either stand by what I write regarding the flippant use of the term, or you don't.
The fact is, you agree with what I wrote, but because I wrote it, you decide to take issue with it.

Your inability to separate the message from the messenger is well documented.

So shut up, you sanctimonious hypocritical twit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:32:36 AM by MrUtley3 »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 19, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Ostrich behavior doesn't work, kid.

kid is hoping to get measured for a tailored brown shirt...

Careful now, Godwin.

Godwin says calling Nazis Nazis is okay.

Kid is no more a Nazi than you are a communist.

Besides, such flippant references and the casual use of the term diminish the abhorent horror perpetrated by the real Nazis.

As a Jew, you should know better than that.

End of lecture.

I have no idea what Kiid does away from here.

I know he actively supports a white nationalist antisemite. I know that he denies the racist is a racist.

So, he might not be a Nazi - I was responding to the Godwin comment more than the Nazi comment:
By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you.
or
In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."

Don't cite Godwin if you don't want Godwin's opinion on the use of Nazis to describe these folks.

You are sidestepping the issue, and attempting (weakly) to defend what you know in your heart of hearts is wrong.
The fact that you DON'T KNOW who kid really is and what he does away from "here" is exactly why you're wrong to sling the term so readily.

You know, you love to harp on Trump for how he willfully misrepresents his foes, political and otherwise, but "here" you are doing the same thing.

Kid is a good person, a family man, and you don't have to agree with him politically or elsewise, but the way you and others "here" go after him is as weak-minded and disgusting as anything Captain Orange does in his role as POTUS.

Consider that maybe YOU are as much of the problem in our modern world of political discourse as those you so vehemently and decisively oppose.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:38:15 AM by MrUtley3 »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 19, 2018, 11:59:25 AM »

Says the man who pulls out Goebbels "comparisons" at the drop of a hat.

Shut up, you sanctimonious twit.
Heh. You use that after your previous post? Not only are you a hypocrite, you're a moron too.

Listen, Pikesville Putz, as a Jew, you either stand by what I write regarding the flippant use of the term, or you don't.
The fact is, you agree with what I wrote, but because I wrote it, you decide to take issue with it.

Your inability to separate the message from the messenger is well documented.

So shut up, you sanctimonious hypocritical twit.
Sorry, chum. You've forfeited the right to take umbrage at "he's a Nazi" posts. Maybe one of your other posting personas can do so.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #928 on: August 19, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Ostrich behavior doesn't work, kid.

kid is hoping to get measured for a tailored brown shirt...

Careful now, Godwin.

Godwin says calling Nazis Nazis is okay.

Kid is no more a Nazi than you are a communist.

Besides, such flippant references and the casual use of the term diminish the abhorent horror perpetrated by the real Nazis.

As a Jew, you should know better than that.

End of lecture.

Flippant?

If you back this administration, you back white supremacy PERIOD!

Or did you sleep through the ersatz Nuremberg torch rally at UVA where the marchers chanted, ‘Blood and Soil!’ and ‘Jews will not replace us!’?

Jews should know to be on alert, we’ve seen this movie before.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 19, 2018, 12:17:20 PM »

I think intellligent people should be on alert.

I'm not sure religious affiliation is required to see disturbing behavior of an authoritarian leader and draw historic parallels.

As an aside, I would hope that members of all faiths be on alert to attacks on our democracy, and voice strong outrage.

And fucking vote.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 4288