Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873171 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1350 on: August 24, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »

My grandparents were immigrants with few skills.   The extended familial group helped them to develop skills, language proficiency and financial stability.   I have yet to hear a compelling case against chain migration.  Congratulations to your wife, WP,  on her RN and bringing a great work ethic.   

It is simply not possible to predict the life trajectories of individuals.
Well. Apparently not to you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 24, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »

I have no preordained vetting philosophy over possible immigrants, only a broad perspective of what they have to offer or could offer. There is very little along those lines that can be predictive based solely on chain migration. I would also favor abolishing the practice of automatically accepting a person as a citizen if the only criterion is they were born here.

You think the criterion of having a parent be a citizen is enough? Both parents?
One is fine

Both parents be working, upstanding citizens who are not living on welfare?
receiving welfare does not negate citizenship
Neither homosexual?
Either or both. (As in any sexual preference that is legal )
Working, upstanding citizens who are not of the wrong color and not on welfare?
I might have a problem with Chartreuse.
Welfare, as I said, I don’t.
White Christians! I've got it.

Thankfully your bigotry is not contagious.

Ev

"There you go, again."

I know you have this whole "I know you are, but what am I" kneejerk reflex down, Red, but I do hope you make it out of elementary school eventually.

And your obsession with Evvie, wherever she may be, is very quaint.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 24, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »

I have no preordained vetting philosophy over possible immigrants, only a broad perspective of what they have to offer or could offer. There is very little along those lines that can be predictive based solely on chain migration. I would also favor abolishing the practice of automatically accepting a person as a citizen if the only criterion is they were born here.

You think the criterion of having a parent be a citizen is enough? Both parents?
One is fine

Neither homosexual?

Ev

"There you go, again."

I know you have this whole "I know you are, but what am I" kneejerk reflex down, Red, but I do hope you make it out of elementary school.
I’m pretty sure if I do you will still be there.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1353 on: August 24, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »

Then take your dumb ass and get the fuck out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 24, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »

Intelligent repsone from a guy who couldn’t figure out how to re-log in to a closed site.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1355 on: August 24, 2018, 09:15:38 PM »

Intelligent repsone from a guy who couldn’t figure out how to re-log in to a closed site.

Sorry, but I have people who do that stuff for me... or I did until my kid bought a house.

To your point however, your statement on citizenship is not only arrogant and stupid, it is unAmerican.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 24, 2018, 09:18:57 PM »

Sorry, but I have people who do that stuff for me... or I did until my kid bought a house.

To your point however, your statement on citizenship is not only arrogant and stupid, it is unAmerican.
You check that out with your kid?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1357 on: August 24, 2018, 09:30:57 PM »

I don’t have to. I know xenophobic BULLSHIT and prejudice when I smell it and that odor emanates from everything you post.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 24, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »

It’s clear on its face Red. You’re about the least American poster here. Larry and some others have you pegged. Bon voyage!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 24, 2018, 10:11:11 PM »

I don’t have to. I know xenophobic BULLSHIT and prejudice when I smell it and that odor emanates from everything you post.
should be easy to point out my xenophobic phrases then.  Go ahead.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1360 on: August 24, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »

You tell us why you are not a xenophobic fuckhead. Go ahead.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 24, 2018, 10:46:31 PM »

Red's a racist fascist putz with a strong preference for authoritarian figures.

Dressed in leather.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 24, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »

One is fine

Neither homosexual?

Ev

"There you go, again."

I know you have this whole "I know you are, but what am I" kneejerk reflex down, Red, but I do hope you make it out of elementary school.
I’m pretty sure if I do you will still be there.

I expect I will be, too.

I teach.

But given your "clever" comebacks and your inability to reason your way out of a wet paper bag, it seems unlikely that it will happen soon.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 24, 2018, 10:55:58 PM »

"I would also favor abolishing the practice of automatically accepting a person as a citizen if the only criterion is they were born here."

Glad I could help.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 24, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »

You tell us why you are not a xenophobic fuckhead. Go ahead.
Nothing I argued for was xenophobic.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 4288