Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1993844 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2040 on: September 06, 2018, 07:05:41 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-to-circumvent-court-limits-on-detention-of-child-migrants/2018/09/06/181d376c-b1bd-11e8-a810-4d6b627c3d5d_story.html

For those of you challenged by the paywall, even on September 6th...

Trump is still trying to keep children past the legal limits, while they also still have hundreds of kids seperated from their parents, post court order.

Criminal, amoral conduct.

There's a simple solution...reunite as many as possible...then deport them all back over the Mexican border, from whence they came...problem solved.

Vanna, sell this fool a clue.

They have no idea where the parents are, Bambu. They don't want to know.

They already deported the parents.

Your heartlessness and your ignorance remain in place, well demonstrated.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 06, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »

Saudis have had enough of their unsealed borders...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1530285/Saudis-build-550-mile-fence-to-shut-out-Iraq.html

Saudis build 550-mile fence to shut out Iraq

The huge project to build the barrier, which will be equipped with ultraviolet night-vision cameras, buried sensor cables and thousands of miles of barbed wire, will snake across the vast and remote desert frontier between the countries.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 06, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-to-circumvent-court-limits-on-detention-of-child-migrants/2018/09/06/181d376c-b1bd-11e8-a810-4d6b627c3d5d_story.html

Trump is still trying to keep children past the legal limits, while they also still have hundreds of kids seperated from their parents, post court order.

There's a simple solution...reunite as many as possible...then deport them all back over the Mexican border, from whence they came...problem solved.
"From whence" is improper usage. Perhaps you need a Harvard education for that.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 06, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »

I believe they could reunite them all if they tried hard enough.
They should never have deported the parents without the children.

They should've done my policy in the first place..."Tow back the boats, don't let them onto our soil"....no boats, but the principle is the same...turned them all back at the border...they could've used some excuse.
"They were safe in Mexico and were country-shopping".

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 06, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

They should've done my policy in the first place..."Tow back the boats, don't let them onto our soil"....no boats, but the principle is the same...turned them all back at the border...they could've used some excuse.
Your entire basis for posting here is your belief that nobody is safe anywhere and that only in the USA are people marginally safer because of our guns.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: September 06, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »

"From whence" is improper usage. Perhaps you need a Harvard education for that.

It's arguable, that "from whence they came" is common usage.
'Whence they came", "from whence they came"..."as long as the student's meaning can be understood, spelling and grammar will not be marked."

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 06, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »

Your entire basis for posting here is your belief that nobody is safe anywhere and that only in the USA are people marginally safer because of our guns.

UN rules: Para; "Refugees/asylum-seekers are to seek refuge in the first country they come to...not country shop for the best deal".

Sri Lankans for example, are supposed to seek refuge in India.
Iraqis/Lebanese...not supposed to rock up to Australia's shores in people-smuggling boats.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:29:13 PM by bambu-wisdom »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 06, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »

Those are UN rules?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 06, 2018, 07:43:18 PM »

Those are UN rules?

I think bambu is confusing UN rules with the rules of Risktm where you can only attack and enter an adjacent country.

As an aside given Austraila's protected nature its a good place to start world domination in the game. Its surprising that in the real world the Aussies  have done so little with the advantage. I suspect its the result of a poor gene pool and centuries of in-breeding.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 06, 2018, 07:43:50 PM »

Doesn't matter if they are "right" - that's the point.

Igh percentage of lefties projected nukes to be a big deal by now (he has his finger on the...."

Good grief.  Keep spouting.  Keep strong.  Its what you all do best.

So "lefties" critique of Trump has proven to be overblown, in your view, because we haven't (yet) had nuclear war.  If that is your standard for success...

I have long said - YOUR (sorry, YG) problem is in your extremity  The "he will have his finger on the button......" instance is an example.

The wanting him impeached is also an example

Calling Cheney a war criminal - yes, another example.

I need not go on.  Learn how to be a little less absurd in your anti-administration blasts.

(insert "but you did that to Obama" line here)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: September 06, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »

Here, kid. Have a piece of yellow cake.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 06, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »

We prefer self-aware hypocritical partisan hacks to the more obtuse type, but only marginally.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 06, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »

Those are UN rules?

Apparently not...and not in international law either.
We were told there was.
But the Court of 'Conservative' Public Opinion downunder says they should be.

The UN is basically obsolete anyway.
Indonesia just execution-slaughters Aussie drug smugglers in its killing field.

Japan promised to abide by the International Court of Justice ruling that it stop killing whales in Antarctica whale sanctuary.
6 months later it was back torturing whales to death. [US was standing with Japan against Sea Shepherd].

There was/is..."Dublin Agreement" re refugees for Europe...apparently.
They must seek refuge in first country.
Agreements are 'all' obsolete today, countries just do as they please.
The biggest guns win.
China says it 'owns' the South China Sea.
Chian has big guns.

Australia took genuine refugees from the Vietnam war who arrived by boat.
And others who arrived by boat very infrequently.
But when the people-smuggling rackets/lying saw her being conned/exploited/tricked, she put her foot down...and stood up to Indonesia and its military, and towed back the boats.
No more asylum-seekers, all gone.

bambu-ilk urged our govt to stand up to Indonesia and not put up with the

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:01:18 PM by bambu-wisdom »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 06, 2018, 07:59:14 PM »

Bambi. Still got those children locked up on Nauru?

Once a penal colony, always a penal colony.

And your government is a mess, sad.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 06, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »

Just continue to say no to illegal aliens. America no longer needs cheap labor from primitive violent cultures. American streets are not paved with gold. This is a slap in the face to poor whites and Afro-Americans who have to step to the back of the bus again.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 4288