Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599342 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6045 on: November 12, 2018, 01:36:09 PM »

Overnight host on my no1 radio station was just now talking about the need to "Remove terror suspects from free and open society".
...as a reaction to the announcement that there are so many terror suspects in Australia now that ASIO and the cops can't watch them all.
400 on the top of the list.

Immigration, don't ya just love it.

Aha, "Aussie Gitmo".
Build it in the outback...outdoor cages with a roof...'rooms with a view."
Boiling hot in the day, freezing cold at night.

You know..."remove them from free and open society until the war on terror is over....before they blow us up or stab-slaughter us on the streets."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/bourke-st-terrorist-had-befriended-australias-most-notorious-jihadist-on-facebook/news-story/5bfb1838748f602e7ff0ede0ac0812c8

The terrorist who was killed during a stabbing rampage in Melbourne’s Bourke Street had reportedly connected with Australia’s most notorious jihadist on social media.
The Australian reported today that Somali-born Hassan Khalif Shire Ali had friended convicted terrorist Khaled Sharrouf online in 2014.

Sharrouf became notoriously known for his terror links after he posted a photo of his young son holding a severed head online in 2014. He was reportedly killed last year.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:38:10 PM by bambu-wisdom »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: November 12, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »

Is New Zealand like that as well?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: November 12, 2018, 02:25:59 PM »

---In fiscal year 2018, 396,579 aliens were apprehended entering the United States unlawfully between ports of entry.---

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/416195-trump-should-withdraw-his-asylum-proclamation

Honduras only has a population of just over 9 million!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: November 12, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »

No one wants to go there. Too many Orcs.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: November 12, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »

The damage that these fires in California are doing is so sad. Maybe we can do more to prevent future fires. I have some ideas, and I am sure that other people will have ideas, and maybe we can reduce the fires in the future. 

Along with having goats to eat the vegetation, and cutting in fire roads, etc, etc, etc, we can have water pipes with sprinklers and in the case of fires we could turn on the sprinklers. Swimming pools can also be connected with sprinkler systems. And of course, more people on watch, and more cameras to watch, and satellite images, etc, etc, etc. We need to find more ways to reduce the number of fires and to reduce the damage that these fires are doing.

My prayers are with the displaced, and with those whom have lost homes. 

My friend Dena lost her home in the Paradise fire, please pray for her too. 

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: November 12, 2018, 02:56:34 PM »

Not really.
The total population of NZ, both islands, is 4.6m.
More sheep than people..30 million sheep.

A natural wonderland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eMAXOp2PvA

NZ has a few jihadists...one in particular.
New female Prime Minister was elected on a platform of halving the immigration intake.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:44:58 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: November 12, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »

No one wants to go there. Too many Orcs.

Nice place is NZ, one third of ANZUS.
One fifth of the Five Eyes.

Five Eyes

The Five Eyes, often abbreviated as FVEY, is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. These countries are parties to the multilateral UKUSA Agreement, a treaty for joint cooperation in signals intelligence.
Wikipedia

"The Land of the Long White Cloud".
"The Shaky Isles"...plenty of earthquakes, mostly minor ones that only rattle the cups and saucers.

The Shaky Isles or Shaky Islands is a nickname for New Zealand. At one time this nickname was used in New Zealand itself, though its usage there is now seen as dated; it is still fairly widely used in Australia.
The name derived from New Zealand's frequent seismic activity. The islands lie on the margin of two colliding tectonic plates, the Pacific and Indo-Australian Plates. Earthquakes are common, particularly in the southwest of the South Island and in the central North Island, and the North Island's scenery is marked by several active and dormant volcanic cones.
Read more on Wikipedia

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:20:54 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: November 12, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »

The damage that these fires in California are doing is so sad. Maybe we can do more to prevent future fires. I have some ideas, and I am sure that other people will have ideas, and maybe we can reduce the fires in the future.

Along with having goats to eat the vegetation, and cutting in fire roads, etc, etc, etc, we can have water pipes with sprinklers and in the case of fires we could turn on the sprinklers. Swimming pools can also be connected with sprinkler systems. And of course, more people on watch, and more cameras to watch, and satellite images, etc, etc, etc. We need to find more ways to reduce the number of fires and to reduce the damage that these fires are doing.

Salute,

Tony V.

Indeed.
Sad your friend lost her home, hopefully she had insurance.

Peril of living in the forest though...one day the big one could come and burn your home down...and burn you down if there's no escape route.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: November 12, 2018, 05:17:54 PM »

Along with having goats to eat the vegetation, and cutting in fire roads, etc, etc, etc, we can have water pipes with sprinklers and in the case of fires we could turn on the sprinklers. Swimming pools can also be connected with sprinkler systems. And of course, more people on watch, and more cameras to watch, and satellite images, etc, etc, etc. We need to find more ways to reduce the number of fires and to reduce the damage that these fires are doing.

Salute,

Tony V.

Indeed.
Sad your friend lost her home, hopefully she had insurance.

Peril of living in the forest though...one day the big one could come and burn your home down...and burn you down if there's no escape route.

She has great insurance, so everything is covered, and she is going to go all out and build her dream home when she rebuilds, that is one good part, she is looking forward to rebuilding.

And more will be done to prevent the fires in the future.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: November 12, 2018, 05:31:37 PM »

Still do not understand the benefit, if any, of welcoming violent primitives from third world societies. Violence breeds violence?

It’s too late. The Irish are already here.

Or did you mean the Italians?

Both groups came here legally. Proved their worth.

Some did. Not all have done so.

We also took in some Nazis. "proved their worth" is debatable.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: November 12, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »

Has a Nazi that became an eye doctor in the US and stayed on the right side of US law proven his worth?

Or is he always worthless, having been a Nazi?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »

"As long as they have that world view they will be a good judge"

Doesn't say anything about others being poor judges.

You are resolute in not managing to absorb what you read.

This was his answer to the question, "How do you set the criteria that you will use to block those judges?”

It was his answer to if he was New Testament

You have no reasoning and analysis skill.

Q: "How do you set the criteria that you will use to block those judges?”

A: "What I’d like to see is things like their worldview.… Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? I think that is very important.”

Q: “Levitical or New Testament?”

A: “I’m a New Testament,” responded Whitaker to laughter. “And what I know is as long as they have that [New Testament] worldview that they’ll be a good judge.”
_________

In other words, to anybody but you (and maybe Redd), he will judge whether or not to block them on whether they share his New Testament biblical view of justice.

There really isn't a different (honest) way to interpret. The comments are not separate from each other, even though you want to treat them that way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: November 12, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »

I'll just let you watch it play out.

You said Brenda Snipes needs to be stopped "so it doesn't keep happening."

What keeps happening?

As we wait on the above...

Turns out there is an election supervisor in Florida who counted ballots that should be invalidated by law and Gov. Scott's orders.  But for some reason the Governor has said nothing about him, and his name has not become synonymous with election "corruption."  You get exactly one guess at the reason (actually, there are two) why:

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/11/12/bay-county-allowed-voters-to-cast-ballots-online-despite-law-gov-scotts-orders-692157
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: November 12, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »

Sinema up by 39k now.

I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: November 12, 2018, 07:18:37 PM »

Heh

Yeah

Keep waiting, Needs.

And reading.

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 4288