Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583560 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11265 on: March 14, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »

So ,
Beto is a Capitalist!
Biden will have to run as one., too.
If I were AOC I wouldn’t rule out a return to bartending.

Because what a defeated Senatorial candidate from Texas has as a stance in running for president and the influence it might have on a prior presidential candidate and vp's next run has such a profound impact on a sitting US Rep who is not running for president.

You make zero sense.
I agree if you are referring to what you just wrote

I guess you didn’t see AOC snatch Wilbur Ross’ drawers off his ass today, huh?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4786361/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-questions-commerce-secretary-ross-03-14-19
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11266 on: March 14, 2019, 09:26:17 PM »

Don’t sue for defamation if the shit said about you is true...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kenbensinger/dossier-gubarev-russian-hackers-dnc

Drip, drop, drip drippety drop.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: March 14, 2019, 09:41:52 PM »

Tech support workers for AOL and for other companies can work from their home offices now, so those would be good home jobs, and that will mean fewer people stuck in traffic jams, and cleaner air. People can do so many jobs from home with modern technology.

Salute,

Tony V.

They most certainly can.
There should be more of it.

When mrs bambu was last employed in the workforce she was a credit manager in a large multinational company.
Had a ledger of accounts to manage. Allocating payments accurately, matching payments and part payments to the correct invoices, not just any old invoices where the amounts were the same, ...like some of her work colleagues used to do with their ledgers/accounts.. "Near enough is not good enough" when managing accounts.
Collecting money from large and smaller companies who were overdue, some seemingly using her company's credit as an overdraft instead of paying interest at a bank..
Work colleagues making a noise when she was trying to speak to managing directors of companies...payments in the millions.
Work colleagues opening a blind, allowing the bright sun to shine all over her desk when she was trying to concentrate..."we like a lot of light in the office".
She: "The sunlight is blinding me and giving me a headache, and I can't concentrate, I must shut the blind".
They: "We must open it".
She: "I must close it"..."I'll keep closing it every time you open it, see who wins".
The blind stayed closed after about 2pm.
'War' in the workplace!

Her accounts...all over nation.
They had conference calls.
Work from home?
I said to her years ago that it was crazy she had to drive 80kms a day in heavy traffic only to sit at a desk all day when she could've been working from home, as all she would need would be a computer set up with the appropriate software, and a phone.

Mrs bambu would've loved to have been able to work from home. No blind 'wars', no 'fights' over carpark pass eligibility, no 'nationality' wars...just peace, quiet, and calm.

Yes, fewer people stuck in traffic jams, cleaner air, all good.

Mrs bambu would dress in smart casual clothes, get to the home office at same time as usual office, and work the same.
Some might not though, voluntarily. Maybe that's why companies have been reluctant to do it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:47:10 PM by bambu-wisdom »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: March 14, 2019, 09:58:42 PM »

So ,
Beto is a Capitalist!

Because what a defeated Senatorial candidate from Texas has as a stance in running for president and the influence it might have on a prior presidential candidate and vp's next run has such a profound impact on a sitting US Rep who is not running for president.

You make zero sense.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4786361/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-questions-commerce-secretary-ross-03-14-19

That was fun.

ROSS:  "We submitted a report on March 31, 2017 and another repport on March 31, 2018"

AOC:  "We haven't gotten the required third report."

Well, toots - I am sure if you wait it is coming.

The congresswoman in this instance showed an inability to think on her feet (or ass) - having what she desired to say all laid out and not willing to use any of what he answered to shape further query. 

Meadows performed admirably.  "I dont even know what she is talking about"

Nor does anyone else, sir.  She was unwilling to specifically read it, just using her opinion as if it were fact.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11272 on: March 14, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »

So ,
Beto is a Capitalist!

You make zero sense.

That was fun.

ROSS:  "We submitted a report on March 31, 2017 and another repport on March 31, 2018"

AOC:  "We haven't gotten the required third report."

Well, toots - I am sure if you wait it is coming.

The congresswoman in this instance showed an inability to think on her feet (or ass) - having what she desired to say all laid out and not willing to use any of what he answered to shape further query. 

Meadows performed admirably.  "I dont even know what she is talking about"

Nor does anyone else, sir.  She was unwilling to specifically read it, just using her opinion as if it were fact.

Wow... life on Earth 2.

She crushed it and you know that’s true.

Ross got roasted and Meadows looked stupid.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: March 14, 2019, 11:01:28 PM »

But Ross helps trump launder money so in Kid’s world he’s ok. AOC just makes Kid feel more insecure.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: March 14, 2019, 11:29:43 PM »

I have given Ms Cortez credit all along

Here she was classless.  But Chair had her back.

Would love to see more - do you have a larger clip?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11275 on: March 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM »

I have given Ms Cortez credit all along

Here she was classless.  But Chair had her back.

Would love to see more - do you have a larger clip?

Do you know how to use the Google machine?

Classless? No, she did her homework her staff sent her in there totally prepared. She caught Ross and the administration in multiple lies.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: March 15, 2019, 02:49:54 AM »

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313938/live-terror-attack-video-christchurch-mosque-shooting-muslims-new-zealand?cid=facebook.post.111313938

40 dead in a mosque in Christchurch, NZ. A second mosque was shot at. IEDs were found outside the first one. The shooter streamed the attack.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:48 AM »

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313938/live-terror-attack-video-christchurch-mosque-shooting-muslims-new-zealand?cid=facebook.post.111313938

40 dead in a mosque in Christchurch, NZ. A second mosque was shot at. IEDs were found outside the first one. The shooter streamed the attack.

Shooter has been arrested.
Others allegedly involved, have been arrested.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/manifesto-posted-online-claims-christchurch-gunman-wanted-revenge-for-sydney-gang-rapes-and-stockholm-terror-attack/news-story/4d09f6e7131606af1cd8119aeb442f80

Manifesto posted online claims Christchurch gunman wanted revenge for Sydney gang rapes and Stockholm terror attack

A document claimed to be the manifesto of the Christchurch gunman says he is from a working-class Australian family — and calls out the Sydney gang rapes, terror attacks and the “unarmed invasion” of Western cultures as driving factors in his war on non-whites.

“Just an ordinary White man, 28 years old. Born in Australia to a working class, low income family,” he writes of himself.
“My parents are of Scottish, Irish and English stock.”

#####

Reportedly was playing the battle song of the British Grenadiers or something in his car on his way to the first mosque.
He reportedly wrote what he was going to do on FB or some social media place yesterday, "but no one saw it".

TV news said he was inspired by that guy who murdered people in that church in America.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:59:52 AM by bambu-wisdom »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: March 15, 2019, 08:26:05 AM »

The US under Trump has become a country whose primary ideological export is hate over freedom, but kiidcarter8 will keep tweeting about how Beto was once in a band.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:27:40 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: March 15, 2019, 08:26:55 AM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 4288