Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1868446 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17415 on: July 26, 2019, 11:43:24 PM »

The “ notorious RBG “ speaks;

Court packing through an act of Congress would be constitutional, as the Constitution does not mandate a specific number of Supreme Court justices. However, it would still undermine the stability of our republic while making the Supreme Court as partisan as could be, and it has historically been avoided for that reason.
If one party packs the court upon taking power, the opposing party could pack the court even more once it returns to power.
Democrats who support the practice are foolishly thinking about their short-term policy interests alone and suffering from tunnel vision.

Ginsburg further upset leftist radicals this week when she praised Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh as "decent and smart." Earlier in the month, she applauded Kavanaugh specifically because his staff is entirely female, and the Supreme Court now has more female law clerks than male law clerks for the first time in history.
There is a very important first on the Supreme Court this term, and it's thanks to our new justice, Justice Kavanaugh,"

Ginsburg's comments serve as a stark contrast to the absurd character assassination Kavanaugh faced from leftists last year.

Long may she live!
In case there were any here who doubted Red's stunning lack of intellectual honesty,.the italicized quote after the RBG speaks is not a quote from her even though it is deliberately designed to appear that way. It is a quote from an editorial in the right wing Washington Examiner.
LOL

LOL = "I have no defense against that accusation, because it is totally true.
What is the accusation?

"What is the accusation?" = "If I don't admit that my failure has been accurately called out, I can continue to pretend I am never wrong."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: July 27, 2019, 12:00:06 AM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: July 27, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »

Court packing through an act of Congress would be constitutional, as the Constitution does not mandate a specific number of Supreme Court justices. However, it would still undermine the stability of our republic while making the Supreme Court as partisan as could be, and it has historically been avoided for that reason.
If one party packs the court upon taking power, the opposing party could pack the court even more once it returns to power.
Democrats who support the practice are foolishly thinking about their short-term policy interests alone and suffering from tunnel vision.

Ginsburg further upset leftist radicals this week when she praised Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh as "decent and smart." Earlier in the month, she applauded Kavanaugh specifically because his staff is entirely female, and the Supreme Court now has more female law clerks than male law clerks for the first time in history.
There is a very important first on the Supreme Court this term, and it's thanks to our new justice, Justice Kavanaugh,"

Ginsburg's comments serve as a stark contrast to the absurd character assassination Kavanaugh faced from leftists last year.

Long may she live!
In case there were any here who doubted Red's stunning lack of intellectual honesty,.the italicized quote after the RBG speaks is not a quote from her even though it is deliberately designed to appear that way. It is a quote from an editorial in the right wing Washington Examiner.
LOL

What is the accusation?

"What is the accusation?" = "If I don't admit that my failure has been accurately called out, I can continue to pretend I am never wrong."
Oh.
RBG was right and you disagree?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17419 on: July 27, 2019, 01:33:04 AM »

Long may she live!

Trump said he found Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford's testimony 'compelling' and called her 'a very credible witness'
LOL! The only thing she remembered, when asked, was she only had one beer!
Like many victims of.sexual assault, a lot of details faded over the years. But one detail she never forgot: the face of the man who tried to rape.her. i suspect the reason this surprises you is purely political.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: July 27, 2019, 01:39:58 AM »

Long may she live!
LOL

What is the accusation?

Oh.

You faked it to make it look like a quote from her.

And you won't own up to it.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17421 on: July 27, 2019, 01:58:32 AM »

Trump stands condemned...
...the premeditated, cold-blooded, deliberate killing of human beings in US Federal death chambers is to resume soon.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: July 27, 2019, 02:39:59 AM »

Trump stands condemned...
...the premeditated, cold-blooded, deliberate killing of human beings in US Federal death chambers is to resume soon.

As opposed to the deaths of kids in concentration camps.

Nice to know that you draw the limit somewhere!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17423 on: July 27, 2019, 02:41:17 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: July 27, 2019, 04:18:50 AM »

Long may she live!
LOL

What is the accusation?

Oh.

You faked it to make it look like a quote from her.

And you won't own up to it.

He also lies about the tax thing. I’ve been trying to tell you.

Red owes us money.

As he proves daily he is an easy mark. He shouldn’t be hard to shake down. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: July 27, 2019, 04:49:11 AM »

Best link in weeks

moscowmitch.com
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17427 on: July 27, 2019, 07:10:32 AM »

Well, here we are...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/04/22/report-shifts-focus-to-wary-democrats-now-weighing-trump-impeachment-prospects/

2020 is the only way to remove Trump from office [/i]
Adam Schiff- erstwhile impeachment guru of the democrat party following the Mueller debacle before  Congress hearings.

Did you happen to notice the date of publication?
Yes.  Glad you asked. Maybe you are finally paying attention.

What does that even mean?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #17428 on: July 27, 2019, 09:10:13 AM »

In case there were any here who doubted Red's stunning lack of intellectual honesty,.the italicized quote after "the notorious RBG speaks" is not a quote from her, even though it is deliberately designed to appear that way. It is a quote from an editorial in the right wing Washington Examiner.

He tried the same exact trick a few weeks ago.   I would say "lack of honesty," you don't need to qualify with "intellectual." 

Interesting that he sees Leftists only as either "absurd character assassins" or as the notably gracious Ms Ginsburg.
I think the word best  associated with the “ Notorious RBG  is “ honesty” which really pisses you off.

Well, that lie (regarding my state of mind) is pretty easy to factcheck.  A civil person would just ask, to find out my opinion of RBG.   Since honesty is a trait I prize highly, I can only admire RBG for hers.   She felt the newbie took a positive step in hiring more women for his staff, and I approve her gracious and welcoming words.   Is there an actual topic here?

barton

Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 4288