Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599000 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18901 on: August 19, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »

Any updates on Trump commenting on Hong Kong?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18902 on: August 19, 2019, 10:12:18 PM »

Needs has a "left" gang, I guess.  I didn't know.

I'm going to step in here and defend kiidcarter8.  I think it was pretty clear in the original post that what he meant by "your gang" is that I am in fact an acknowledged member of the Sharks.

I like to be in America!
O.K. by me in America!
Everything free in America
For a small fee in America!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18903 on: August 19, 2019, 10:18:46 PM »

Needs certainly posted plenty about Obama but that doesn't make him a leftist or even a Democrat.

I couldnt tell you

a)  if he voted for Clinton

b)  if he has a current favorite candidate among Democratic field

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18904 on: August 19, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »

Haven't heard those two Congress women say anything about Iran. Don't be distracted by Israel. Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.

Its a bit like saying you can't say anything about police shootings of black men until you first criticize black-on-black violence.

The US has been consistently checking Iran's ambitions since the 60's.  Most recently, with the reinstitution of the largest sanctions package ever imposed.

Did you have a point? Because you're  off topic.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18905 on: August 19, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »

The coverage and slant of news in the US greatly favors Israel.
I don't this is self-evident and not debatable.  All the terms and presentation favor a pro-Israel view of the situation.  I can pick examples out of almost any general news article if you want.

Israel and the US mount fierce diplomatic campaigns and apply pressure to prevent countries and the UN from recognizing Palestine as a state.  Isn't this well-known?  They especially don't want the Palestinians having access to international criminal courts, who would likely rule against Israeli violations of international law.

The Palestinians are allowed a very limited gov't, overseen and restricted by Israel.

Gaza.  Israel maintains an air-sea-land blockade.
Only allowing enough basic supplies in to keep mass starvation at bay.
IL also shoots people on their own territory who approach a fenced border.

Israel has divided the West Bank into three sectors, the majority of which is controlled and policed by Israeli soldiers.  IL controls movement and construction throughout the WB.  Israel collect taxes and decides how and when to pass that on to the Palestinians.

Iran is the enemy of the USA, not Israel. Wake up.
So is Russia, if we are being non-sequitorious. Just because Israel is an ally shouldn't mean we do not.raise.issues when their actions are wrong, or are harmful to our long term self interest.

Haven't heard those two Congress women say anything about Iran. Don't be distracted by Israel. Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.
Israel's failure to deal effectively, justly and humanely with the Palestinian issue is a  long term threat to stability in the region and our national interests and would be so regardless of Iran's international ambitions. Wake the fuck up.
Those would be the Palestinians Iran supplies with weapons and other means of support. Shut the fuck up.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18906 on: August 19, 2019, 10:34:22 PM »

Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.

Your post is Orwellian.
The US attacked and waged war on Afghanistan and Iraq, the neighbors on either side of Iran.  Destroying their gov'ts, killing and displacing large chunks of their population, unleashing sectarian violence, while unable to secure any kind of stable gov't in the war's aftermath.  Indeed fighting and insurgency have been their post-war fates for the past decade and a half.  Yet you claim it's Iran that is the threat to regional stabilization.  Unbelievable.

You think Israel is destabilizing?  You're lost on this issue, child.

Totally fucking lost.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18908 on: August 19, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »

You can DO IT, CNN!!!

heh

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18909 on: August 19, 2019, 10:37:00 PM »

Well, my normal response to something like that is no one is an omnibus. They get to choose the issues that matter to them.

Well, normally I would agree.  But we have established here that if Israel's treatment of the Palestinians is something that matters to you then you are either anti-Israel or anti-Semitic or both.

No, you're just willfully ignorant turd who is can't accommodate reality.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18910 on: August 19, 2019, 10:40:41 PM »

Well, my normal response to something like that is no one is an omnibus. They get to choose the issues that matter to them.

Well, normally I would agree.  But we have established here that if Israel's treatment of the Palestinians is something that matters to you then you are either anti-Israel or anti-Semitic or both.

The only thing you've established is your proclivity to erect strawmen.

No one put forth that opinion.

You need to take better care of your posting.  The meaning behind your accusation that bodiddley has a dark “unspoken agenda” was clear enough and when he clarified your meaning you didn’t disagree.  You said “others might disagree with me” that Israel has a right to exist, and that nukes should be kept out of the hands of (Muslim) crazy religious fanatics as though posters here do. 

And you are not alone.  Both you and Josh, posters I might otherwise respect, seem to have spent the last few days here arguing “of course Israel deserves criticism, but if you criticize it, it’s because you don’t like Jews.”

Layered on to the many problems with that line of argument, its intellectually dishonest.  I put it in the same category as Republicans who renamed the Freedom Fries because if the French are against our war in Iraq then of course they are against Freedom.

Doubling down on pedantic idiocy, I see.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18911 on: August 19, 2019, 10:45:09 PM »

Again NA its not my fault you jumped to an incorrect conclusion I was accusing Bo of being anti-Semitic.  I did not. My question as already stated was whether there were other factors, ("unspoken agenda") which may have formed his opinion of the issue, just as I have an agenda which helped form mine.

Cmon, Banks.

You do go from Zero to 60 in no time when you don’t agree with someone.

Oh, the irony here. Ha!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18912 on: August 19, 2019, 11:10:51 PM »

I don't bet on sports?  I just told you I scored 12-1 on Liverpool but then lost betting the Super Cup.

Please - pay better attention or just lose your fucking obsession already

Ahhhhhh-guh-Mets!

Braves have some pen problems

Solace in that I decided not to bet the game.  Mets had looked good at +132.

1st and 2nd, 0 out, down 2, Alonso, Ramos, Conforto coming up.

Fail.

Hey, how is your season going, since you decided to stop sharing it with us?

Mets are hanging in

Cora blew up Sox year

No, Kid, your betting year. Remember that? You just referred to it a few posts ago.

And you keep saying that about Cora, while providing no support. Oh, kind of like how Trumpo's done nothing to harm the country!

I don't generally gamble on sports.

Won a bit on Liverpool's Champions League title at 12-1, then gave some back Wednesday when they won the Super Cup but in PKs (meaning I lost).

Sports betting atmosphere is cool, but insane.

You remain an asshole.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18913 on: August 19, 2019, 11:35:20 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18914 on: August 20, 2019, 12:11:41 AM »

Iran is the threat to stabilization in the region, and in Central Asia. Wake the fuck up.

Your post is Orwellian.
The US attacked and waged war on Afghanistan and Iraq, the neighbors on either side of Iran.  Destroying their gov'ts, killing and displacing large chunks of their population, unleashing sectarian violence, while unable to secure any kind of stable gov't in the war's aftermath.  Indeed fighting and insurgency have been their post-war fates for the past decade and a half.  Yet you claim it's Iran that is the threat to regional stabilization.  Unbelievable.

You think Israel is destabilizing?  You're lost on this issue, child.

Totally fucking lost.
Sorry but under the banks.rule if you criticize one side you must.also criticize the other or you are an anti-Palestinian bigot.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 4288