Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653688 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2025 on: February 17, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »

Now is the time we should be spending. Now is the time to go big...”

Joe Biden tonight

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/16/joe-biden-pitch-coronavirus-relief-plan-tonight-milwaukee/6752776002/

He's talking about relief Larry.

Not the laundry list of social programs that you pushed for pre-election.

for example tonight he shot down the lady on college debt forgiveness of $50k

Joe understands what I told you last June-this is a 50-50 world, and going smart was the key to building a consensus to keep Congress in '22 and the WH in '24.

Joe's smart agenda would be to

control-defeat covid

fix the economy

get O-Care nailed down

infrastructure projects

voting rights

and not scare the crap out of the middle of the electorate who will determine if more social advances can be undertaken in '22-28.

If he's successful there, and the economy rebounds, there should be enough there to keep Congress in '22

Joe understand politics and policies, which is why he'll limit himself to go smart.

Gee.

Sounds mighty big to me.

Joe has chosen smart.

He understands politics and policy.

and practical.

and the $1.9T covid package is big but its what most americans want

-conquer covid
-relief for individuals and communities and small business
-jump start the economy
-O-care

But its nowhere near your indy-moderate scaring GO BIG package of social programs that would lose the '22 mid-terms for Joe and the Dems.

and thats what we discussed in late June

Joe understand its a 50-50 world and he's a moderate Dem who wants to protect his ass for '22 and '24 to keep congressional control

you did not.

But feel free to keep on moving the goal posts and posting intentionally misleading posts

I guess.

Larry

It seemed pretty clear last  June, when I told you it was a a 50-50 political world, and now its crystal clear. Joe does not have the 60 votes he needs to GO BIG as you defined it then, with a long laundry list of progessive social programs.

Hell fears of "Defund the police" probably cost the Dems 10 House seats with a fascist madman atop the R-ticket.

Joe would threaten Dems in '22 and himself in '24 if he went too big. He has a shot of getting SMART through (covid-economy-infrastructure projects-jobs-OCare-some green) and turn that into a political win and leverage a covid-free better economy with more House and Senate wins in '22 to go bigger.

GO SMART wins in the long-term
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:14:27 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 17, 2021, 09:24:07 PM »

Anything with a bigger budgetary impact than the anwar auction (at which Alaska bought its land back at a discount, raising the federal government $14.4 million with an M) can be passed through reconciliation.

Going Big and delivering on promises full bore is how this administration will be able to lock in and build on its 60% popularity.

Republicans screeching about process and innumerable hand wringers won’t change the math on that at all.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:25:44 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 17, 2021, 10:03:16 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2029 on: February 17, 2021, 10:04:30 PM »

Joe Biden tonight

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/16/joe-biden-pitch-coronavirus-relief-plan-tonight-milwaukee/6752776002/

Joe understands what I told you last June-this is a 50-50 world, and going smart was the key to building a consensus to keep Congress in '22 and the WH in '24.

control-defeat covid

fix the economy

get O-Care nailed down

infrastructure projects

voting rights

and not scare the crap out of the middle of the electorate who will determine if more social advances can be undertaken in '22-28.

If he's successful there, and the economy rebounds, there should be enough there to keep Congress in '22

Joe understand politics and policies, which is why he'll limit himself to go smart.

Gee.

Sounds mighty big to me.

Joe has chosen smart.

and practical.

-conquer covid
-jump start the economy
-O-care

But its nowhere near your indy-moderate scaring GO BIG package of social programs that would lose the '22 mid-terms for Joe and the Dems.

Joe understand its a 50-50 world and he's a moderate Dem who wants to protect his ass for '22 and '24 to keep congressional control

you did not.

But feel free to keep on moving the goal posts and posting intentionally misleading posts

I guess.

Larry

It seemed pretty clear last  June, when I told you it was a a 50-50 political world, and now its crystal clear. Joe does not have the 60 votes he needs to GO BIG as you defined it then, with a long laundry list of progessive social programs.

Hell fears of "Defund the police" probably cost the Dems 10 House seats with a fascist madman atop the R-ticket.

Joe would threaten Dems in '22 and himself in '24 if he went too big. He has a shot of getting SMART through (covid-economy-infrastructure projects-jobs-OCare-some green) and turn that into a political win and leverage a covid-free better economy with more House and Senate wins in '22 to go bigger.

OK.

June?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 17, 2021, 10:29:19 PM »

Joe Biden tonight

control-defeat covid

fix the economy

get O-Care nailed down

infrastructure projects

voting rights

Gee.

Sounds mighty big to me.

Joe has chosen smart.

and practical.

-conquer covid
-jump start the economy
-O-care

you did not.

I guess.

Larry

OK.

June?

Yup-late June 2020

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 17, 2021, 11:58:55 PM »

Texas failed because of its profit driven let corporations run amok regulatory climate, fueled by evangelical hucksterism along with deep conservative republican grifting and coverup culture.

Bambi, Joe got over his stutter and has wound up running this country. Surely you can muster up the grit to get over your whiteness.

Banks, it’s a 62-33 split nationally at the moment. College debt forgiveness that approaches the scale commensurate with the problem is not going to knock that number any where back near 50-50. It is more likely to further increase the spread.

I am white.
Not my fault I was born that way.
Not my fault N S E W Asia, Africa, Middle East, Central America, South America are like they are.
I have nothing to apologise for and get over... including whiteness, privilege or anything else.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 18, 2021, 12:39:22 AM »

What about a "privilege walk" for all White House staff?
Could be arriving soon.

Daily Telegraph editorial: Governor-General’s ‘privilege walk’ is woke madness

Woke madness has now reached one of the highest ­offices in Australia.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.
And they should be extre­mely proud of doing so.

Instead, however, they will endure a form of ritual shaming.

What about if you put your head further up your ass than it already is?

#####

I am right-handed, my first language is English, and I can easily buy bandages to match my skin tone.
So I would have to step forward for shaming.
An accident of birth, but I must forever be ashamed.

The fact that you see it as shame speaks volumes.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2033 on: February 18, 2021, 12:40:42 AM »

Texas failed because of its profit driven let corporations run amok regulatory climate, fueled by evangelical hucksterism along with deep conservative republican grifting and coverup culture.

Bambi, Joe got over his stutter and has wound up running this country. Surely you can muster up the grit to get over your whiteness.

Banks, it’s a 62-33 split nationally at the moment. College debt forgiveness that approaches the scale commensurate with the problem is not going to knock that number any where back near 50-50. It is more likely to further increase the spread.

I am white.
Not my fault N S E W Asia, Africa, Middle East, Central America, South America are like they are.
I have nothing to apologise for and get over... including whiteness, privilege or anything else.

What are you worried about?

You don’t go outside.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 18, 2021, 12:44:47 AM »

Texas failed for a number of reasons.

Which you ignore because they don't correspond to your right-wing agenda:
1) Natural Gas supply dwindled as pipes and wellheads froze up*
2) TX power plants and energy suppliers never winterized their facilities
3) TX has its own grid -- to avoid fed regs
+
4) 80+ percent of electricity in the Lone Star State’s capacity projected to come from natural gas, coal and a bit of nuclear power.  Wind and solar were expected to provide 7% of TX power in Feb.  So just not much of a factor. 

there’s a storage problem in Texas when it comes to natural gas. Utility companies often don’t bother to buy gas reserves: It’s easier, cheaper and more profitable to tap the gas in the field with a pipeline — usually.

In exchange for more profit up front, TX power suppliers cheaped out on having backup systems.  Capitalism at its finest!

But if the details of the Green New Deal were being followed then it would have been a tragedy.

Pay attention: a tragedy occurred  ... due to fossil fuels.
No need for hypotheticals or scare tactics.   Fossil fuels failed (because they were poorly handled)

The Green New Deal will not be implemented overnight, so that scare tactic is STUPID.  There will be a decade or two of transition.  Within the next decade hopefully 200 year old dirty coal will be phased out completely.  But it's 2021 and TX at summer peak can only get 20% of its energy from renewables.  TX has lots of sunny desert and scrubland for solar and wind farms.  But is largely beholden to the oil&gas industry. 

TX -- fossil fuel infrastructure failed.
Even if there was zero wind/solar, the result would have been exactly the same.  A human tragedy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:26:47 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 18, 2021, 12:45:20 AM »

I am white.

Middle East is white.  As is North Africa.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 18, 2021, 01:19:59 AM »

A lot of "the way they are" is due to white people's aggression including colonialism, Cold War competition, propping up dictators and strongmen, arm sales, CIA coups, sending in the Marines, wars, maplines corresponding to colonial control and not ethnic boundaries, etc.

That is, they were and continue to be jerked around and treated as pawns.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 18, 2021, 01:37:34 AM »

A lot of "the way they are" is due to white people's aggression including colonialism, Cold War competition, propping up dictators and strongmen, arm sales, CIA coups, sending in the Marines, wars, maplines corresponding to colonial control and not ethnic boundaries, etc.

That is, they were and continue to be jerked around and treated as pawns.

None of that is my fault either...so I'll be off sick the day the "Privilege Walk" comes to my place.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:52:38 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 18, 2021, 01:46:38 AM »

I am white.

What are you worried about?

You don’t go outside.

Going outside is overrated.
I most likely will never go to a supermarket or mall again.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 18, 2021, 01:49:45 AM »

What about a "privilege walk" for all White House staff?
Could be arriving soon.

Daily Telegraph editorial: Governor-General’s ‘privilege walk’ is woke madness

Woke madness has now reached one of the highest ­offices in Australia.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.
And they should be extre­mely proud of doing so.

Instead, however, they will endure a form of ritual shaming.

What about if you put your head further up your ass than it already is?

#####

I am right-handed, my first language is English, and I can easily buy bandages to match my skin tone.
So I would have to step forward for shaming.
An accident of birth, but I must forever be ashamed.

The fact that you see it as shame speaks volumes.

LOL
According to them.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 2787