Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1821 1822 [1823] 1824 1825 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 748730 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27330 on: May 24, 2022, 09:00:20 PM »

You know why assault rifles are different, you just enjoy acting stupid.  Laws are meant to respond to social reality.  If there were a wave of mass killings with swords, we would indeed have reason to regulate their purchase and require background checks etc.

And if Trump were speaking this evening, you would be all moist in your panties about whatever "theater" he came up with.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27331 on: May 24, 2022, 09:02:02 PM »

Maybe let the POTUS speak before judging his comments?

The judgment was/is passed before Biden set foot in office. Nothing he could do would have satisfied Kid or Ward.
Based on popular opinion nothing Biden has done satisfies only a few.
How do you explain that?

Do you need a logic diagram for that first sentence you wrote?  Heh!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27332 on: May 24, 2022, 09:09:38 PM »

Maybe let the POTUS speak before judging his comments?

The judgment was/is passed before Biden set foot in office. Nothing he could do would have satisfied Kid or Ward.
Based on popular opinion nothing Biden has done satisfies only a few.
How do you explain that?

Do you need a logic diagram for that first sentence you wrote?  Heh!
Did you miss the message?
I bet not.
But I guess it reads better as
Based on popular opinion Biden has only satisfied just  a  few voters,  mostly democrats.
Hope this helps.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27333 on: May 24, 2022, 09:37:34 PM »

Go balance a ball on your snout.

Meanwhile, AZ Rep. Ruben Gallego does some serious ass-reaming of the thoughts and prayers dipshits, including Ted Cruz.   Memorable word choices from a congressman....

https://mobile.twitter.com/RubenGallego?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27334 on: May 24, 2022, 09:39:13 PM »

heh

So untrue

And of course turning it around, saying nothing Joe and Kamala do will ever be criticized by your ilk is oh so easy

I actually like Joe's misstep re  Taiwan and China
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27335 on: May 24, 2022, 09:39:40 PM »

The message could not be clearer.

We need to hang lots and lots of right wing grifters who have involved themselves in religion, media, and politics.

We need to start with the ones with the most money and methodically work our way down.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27336 on: May 24, 2022, 09:56:49 PM »

Shhhhhh....

You are breaking the law.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27337 on: May 24, 2022, 09:59:09 PM »

https://abc13.com/uvalde-texas-robb-elementary-school-active-shooter-district-lockdown/11889693/

14 students and one teacher killed. 15 or more others hospitalized for treatment.

Biden should have focused on thoughts and prayers  in his speech  to the nation.
Instead he embarrassed himself and his party.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27338 on: May 24, 2022, 10:12:15 PM »

Biden to speak on school shooting at 815

Why?  Who will he make feel better?

Just political fucking theater.

Made me feel better.

Every morning I wake up and thank God Joe Biden is President
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27339 on: May 24, 2022, 10:13:29 PM »

It's all theater until we pass some strict laws and either amend the second amendment or dump that archaic claptrap.  Owning a killing machine is a serious responsibility, and should never be easy.  There's a reason this level of mass shooter horror doesn't happen in almost all other democracies. 

And nobody bother jizzing all over the Original Document for me -- I believe in a living and evolving document, to change with the times, and that Framer's Intent horseshit has zero credibility with me.  Framers had no idea what was coming. 

The next bit, about not quartering soldiers in my house, however, is cool.  That one's a keeper.

Better outlaw machetes and swords as well instead of allowing them to be hawked on late night TV.

Indiana Jones.

Shut the fuck up.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27340 on: May 24, 2022, 10:17:18 PM »

heh

So untrue

And of course turning it around, saying nothing Joe and Kamala do will ever be criticized by your ilk is oh so easy

I actually like Joe's misstep re  Taiwan and China

It was not a misstep any more than him calling Putin a war criminal.

He was reminding Xi the USA is still the biggest swinging dick in the history of the wold, just like Putin is finding out.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27341 on: May 24, 2022, 10:21:23 PM »

https://abc13.com/uvalde-texas-robb-elementary-school-active-shooter-district-lockdown/11889693/

14 students and one teacher killed. 15 or more others hospitalized for treatment.

Biden should have focused on thoughts and prayers  in his speech  to the nation.
Instead he embarrassed himself and his party.

His message was on point.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27342 on: May 24, 2022, 11:00:36 PM »

Shhhhhh....

You are breaking the law.

You need to be driven into the sea with all your mindfucked zombie comrades, for the good of the nation.

You have made your position clear. Either America will end you or be ended by you.

I am against you in all your endeavors.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27343 on: May 25, 2022, 12:38:06 AM »

It's all theater until we pass some strict laws and either amend the second amendment or dump that archaic claptrap.  Owning a killing machine is a serious responsibility, and should never be easy.  There's a reason this level of mass shooter horror doesn't happen in almost all other democracies. 

And nobody bother jizzing all over the Original Document for me -- I believe in a living and evolving document, to change with the times, and that Framer's Intent horseshit has zero credibility with me.  Framers had no idea what was coming. 

The next bit, about not quartering soldiers in my house, however, is cool.  That one's a keeper.

Better outlaw machetes and swords as well instead of allowing them to be hawked on late night TV.

Indiana Jones.

Shut the fuck up.

If a stranger enters my home,... I have no height, no big muscles, ...no guns, machetes, Rambo knives, bows and arrows, swords etc...all illegal to carry.
...so, I have to run away, hopefully fast enough to escape.
At least Americans can make a stand, arm themselves with weapons.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27344 on: May 25, 2022, 12:54:45 AM »

bambuworld new PM 'Albo' and Joe were making jokes and back patting at the QUAD meeting in Japan yesterday.
Climate change emergency is now over...Albo and Joe are 'king'.
Albo is a bragger, slogan-driven big mouth, untruth speaker who's promised big with no details, according to some people.
China loves his election victory.

LOL

There's a photo in the paper today of the hilarity and fun times Albo and Joe had.
Photo of Joe pretending to walk out on Albo, with seated Albo in fits of laughter, his arms fully stretched out sideways and mouth wide open no doubt laughing loudly.
He'd better enjoy his QUAD party fun because when he gets home bambu-ilk led by Peter Dutton will be waiting for him.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1821 1822 [1823] 1824 1825 ... 2923