Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749036 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27420 on: May 26, 2022, 09:07:37 PM »

As you talk about mental health screening as a way to prevent attacks, I would remind you of the story of Lisa Nowak.

I don't know that any agency of the government does more thorough screening of their candidates than NASA does. Nothing they saw would predict what she did in a fit of pique.

Was it a mass shooting? No. But it was and is emblematic of our inability to anticipate reactions to circumstances.

Good point.

Our best idea in my opinion is to improve security at schools, and at public places.

And if people are too greedy to spend the money to protect our children, then we need to use lawyers to force the schools to protect our children.

Bambu keeps talking about absolute security, but it remains a myth.
So now we learn the Uvalde shooter  walked in through an unlocked school door and there was no guard on duty.
No wonder Chuck Schumer canceled a Senate vote on gun restrictions.
What a sick hack he is.

Gov. Abbott: It could have been worse

The reason it was not worse is because law enforcement officials did what they do. They showed amazing courage by running toward gunfire for the singular purpose of trying to save lives.

And it is a fact that because of their quick response, getting on the scene of being able to respond to the gunman and eliminating the gunman, they were able to save lives. Unfortunately, not enough

Looking like Beto will be next Governor of Texas
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27421 on: May 26, 2022, 09:11:11 PM »

One of my acquaintances is striving to make Ward seem comparatively rational.

She's sure that the media, the feds, and the local and state officials in Texas are conspiring.

To do what? Unclear.

Crisis actors?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27422 on: May 26, 2022, 09:15:22 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27423 on: May 26, 2022, 09:22:21 PM »

hahahaha

Better stuff those ballot boxes.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27424 on: May 26, 2022, 09:28:08 PM »

hahahaha

Better stuff those ballot boxes.

You know your track record on election predictions really suck.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27425 on: May 26, 2022, 09:29:57 PM »

Ted Machine Gun Bacon Cruz clowns himself on international TV

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=atrMAK7TjKM

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27426 on: May 26, 2022, 09:33:56 PM »

As you talk about mental health screening as a way to prevent attacks, I would remind you of the story of Lisa Nowak.

I don't know that any agency of the government does more thorough screening of their candidates than NASA does. Nothing they saw would predict what she did in a fit of pique.

Was it a mass shooting? No. But it was and is emblematic of our inability to anticipate reactions to circumstances.

Good point.

Our best idea in my opinion is to improve security at schools, and at public places.

And if people are too greedy to spend the money to protect our children, then we need to use lawyers to force the schools to protect our children.

Bambu keeps talking about absolute security, but it remains a myth.
So now we learn the Uvalde shooter  walked in through an unlocked school door and there was no guard on duty.
No wonder Chuck Schumer canceled a Senate vote on gun restrictions.
What a sick hack he is.

Gov. Abbott: It could have been worse

The reason it was not worse is because law enforcement officials did what they do. They showed amazing courage by running toward gunfire for the singular purpose of trying to save lives.

And it is a fact that because of their quick response, getting on the scene of being able to respond to the gunman and eliminating the gunman, they were able to save lives. Unfortunately, not enough

The wish is the father to the thought.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27427 on: May 26, 2022, 09:34:47 PM »

Ted could easily be governor - but no reason...

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27428 on: May 26, 2022, 09:40:17 PM »

Ted could easily be governor - but no reason...

Ted Cruz next job will be as a lobbyist if he is lucky.

He beat Beto by what, 2% in 2018?

You think Texans will ever forget Cancun? Or why he went to Cancun and what the result of that storm is doing to energy costs?

Perfect storm coming for GOP this summer and fall.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article261498852.html

How Texas heat wave will affect your electric bill. (Hint: It is not going to be good.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:58:59 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27429 on: May 26, 2022, 10:34:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/05/26/texas-gun-laws-abortion-camerota-nr-vpx.cnn

Why can't the Texas legislature act as swiftly about gun control as about anti-abortion rights?

"The Constitution" he explains, before shifting to blame mental health (despite no evidence to support it).

Not that he is supporting funding more mental health professionals, of course.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27430 on: May 26, 2022, 10:36:47 PM »

The indisputable fact is that where there are more guns, there are more gun deaths.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27431 on: May 26, 2022, 10:54:25 PM »

Yes the constitution right to bear arms was written 250 years ago when America was battling invaders. There was no strong standing army. Hunting was a major industry, etc.. Major changes in gun legislation is called for. Start slowly keep assault weapons out of the hands of children.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27432 on: May 26, 2022, 10:59:31 PM »

The indisputable fact is that where there are more guns, there are more gun deaths.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27433 on: May 26, 2022, 11:08:30 PM »

Why can't the Texas legislature act as swiftly about gun control as about anti-abortion rights?

Act how?

What do you wish paassed in TX?  Fill us in.

I see Shumer is hot on the trail of  those nasty white suprmacists who have caused all the ruckus the last few days.

Sick fuck.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27434 on: May 26, 2022, 11:30:57 PM »

Act how?

What do you wish paassed in TX?  Fill us in.

I see Shumer is hot on the trail of  those nasty white suprmacists who have caused all the ruckus the last few days.

Sick fuck.

Let's see,

Delay between purchase and acquisition would be a good start.

How about a sign-off by a mental health professional.

Limit to the size magazine would be helpful.

Not that it would have changed the outcome this time around, but a limit on how many can be purchased.

Oh! A limit on how much ammo can be purchased, of course.

I'd take 1, 3, and 5, as a minimum.

Thanks for asking.

What changes would you make?! Any?
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 2923