Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1832 1833 [1834] 1835 1836 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749144 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27496 on: May 28, 2022, 09:40:06 PM »

Jesus jumping Mary are you going to post retro comments for everything Larry has posted for the last 9 days? Is your racist anti Larry bonesr that hard?

The truth has no time limit, Kuntzler.

Larry is the racist, and your always-ready-defense-of-his-bullshit shows your own racist view that he isn't capable of defending his views, even though he continually shows that he really isn't able to construct and defend an argument. Hell, bankshot proved that ages ago.

But you keep going with your demonization strategy, mindless fuck that you are, and you keep showing that you are indeed one with deep-seated issues.
"No, YOU are the racist" is the oldest trope in the racist playbook, Forrest.

I guess, since you use that all the time, you'd know, Kuntzler.  And yet none of that changes the fact that you seem to think Little Larry needs you to continue to lamely try to ride to his "rescue".

heh
It is the racist in you to choose the only identifiable African American on the boards for a constant stream of attack. It is the bully in you to try to isolate him. For me, I will call out your racism when I see it in any context, Forrest.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27497 on: May 28, 2022, 09:54:48 PM »

Might have needed a few of those white supremacist cops on scene.

There were 19 in the hallway for more than half an hour. I bet the ratio of white supremacist cops on scene was significant you fucking ass.

If they really were white supremacists, that would help explain the slow response time on breaching the room full of Latino kids.  Not sure Kid caught the logic flaw of his attempt at irony.

Heh

No flaw at all

I am sure the prevailing wisdom is that there was cowardice among those cops.  I'd think not so much with the supremacist breed.  I would think they would tend more toward badass.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #27498 on: May 28, 2022, 10:14:28 PM »

That seems to make you moist.  I imagine you enjoy role playing with the wife when she puts on her SS regalia and grabs the baton.  Nothing like having your head pinned to the floor with a jackboot, miright?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27499 on: May 28, 2022, 11:00:06 PM »

President Biden insists on misleading the public about the AR15, which he misrepresents by labeling it as an
Weapon of War or an Assault Weapon

He may be a slave to partisanship, a liar, or an idiot.
But he is most certainly wrong.

* Modern sporting rifles are among the most popular firearms being sold today.
* The AR15 rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. AR does NOT stand for assault rifle or automatic rifle.
* AR-15-style rifles are NOT assault weapons or assault rifles.An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
* If someone calls an AR-15 style rifle an assault weapon, then they have been duped by an agenda. The only real way to define what is an assault weapon is politically, as in how any given law chooses to define the term this is why the states that have banned this category of semiautomatic firearms have done so with very different definitions.
*AR 15 style rifles can look like military rifles, such as the M 16, but by law they function like other semiautomatic civilian sporting firearms, as they fire only one round with each pull of the trigger.
* Versions of modern sporting rifles are legal to own in most states, provided the purchaser passes the mandatory FBI background check required for all retail firearm purchasers.

* Since America s founding, civilian sporting rifles have evolved along with military firearms. The modern sporting rifle simply follows that pattern.
* These rifles accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and versatility serve target shooters and hunters well. They are true all-weather firearms.
* These rifles are used for many different types of hunting, from varmint to big game.
 They are commonly owned , with more than 16 million modern sporting rifles owned by civilians by 2018.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 11:07:19 PM by Espnthree »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27500 on: May 28, 2022, 11:13:46 PM »

Jesus jumping Mary are you going to post retro comments for everything Larry has posted for the last 9 days? Is your racist anti Larry bonesr that hard?

Larry is the racist, and your always-ready-defense-of-his-bullshit shows your own racist view that he isn't capable of defending his views, even though he continually shows that he really isn't able to construct and defend an argument. Hell, bankshot proved that ages ago.

But you keep going with your demonization strategy, mindless fuck that you are, and you keep showing that you are indeed one with deep-seated issues.
"No, YOU are the racist" is the oldest trope in the racist playbook, Forrest.

I guess, since you use that all the time, you'd know, Kuntzler.  And yet none of that changes the fact that you seem to think Little Larry needs you to continue to lamely try to ride to his "rescue".

heh
It is the racist in you to choose the only identifiable African American on the boards for a constant stream of attack. It is the bully in you to try to isolate him. For me, I will call out your racism when I see it in any context, Forrest.

He is pining away for bankshot who always thought being bombastic and insulting made up for how woefully uninformed he was.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 11:17:13 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27501 on: May 28, 2022, 11:29:16 PM »

Still mad at your black woman superiors, huh?

Bankshot?

Last time I saw him was when he realized I was right all along about our culture and politics debates.

Especially since he thought Mark Penn had enough credibility left to be listened to by anyone.

Fuck you talking about, jackass? Why don't you try to defend your original remarks with something substantial instead of trying to make it all about ME?

Oh, that's right.

You can't construct an argument and support it.

That shit's for the educated populace.

Meanwhile, "If only WHITE women would stop voting GOP we would have a just society."...have you come up with any ideas in the last fortnight in which you might appeal for them?

Nope.

Just more shake and bake. That's you. All hat and no cowboy.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 11:32:10 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27502 on: May 28, 2022, 11:59:59 PM »

There were 19 in the hallway for more than half an hour. I bet the ratio of white supremacist cops on scene was significant you fucking ass.

If they really were white supremacists, that would help explain the slow response time on breaching the room full of Latino kids.  Not sure Kid caught the logic flaw of his attempt at irony.

Heh

No flaw at all

I am sure the prevailing wisdom is that there was cowardice among those cops.  I'd think not so much with the supremacist breed.  I would think they would tend more toward badass.

Of course you would.

In groups, they do, often.

Individually, not so much, if they have no advantage.

Being a white supremacist doesn't make you likely to be braver - it makes you likelier to be a bully.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27503 on: May 29, 2022, 12:03:50 AM »

Bankshot?

Last time I saw him was when he realized I was right all along about our culture and politics debates.

Especially since he thought Mark Penn had enough credibility left to be listened to by anyone.

Fuck you talking about, jackass? Why don't you try to defend your original remarks with something substantial instead of trying to make it all about ME?

Oh, that's right.

Meanwhile, "If only WHITE women would stop voting GOP we would have a just society."...have you come up with any ideas in the last fortnight in which you might appeal for them?

Nope.

You want me to debate you?

Naw. You lost any consideration from me a long time ago.

Go play in traffic you pissy little bitch.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27504 on: May 29, 2022, 12:36:51 AM »

President Biden insists on misleading the public about the AR15, which he misrepresents by labeling it as an

* The AR15 rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. AR does NOT stand for assault rifle or automatic rifle.
* AR-15-style rifles are NOT assault weapons or assault rifles.An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
* If someone calls an AR-15 style rifle an assault weapon, then they have been duped by an agenda. The only real way to define what is an assault weapon is politically, as in how any given law chooses to define the term this is why the states that have banned this category of semiautomatic firearms have done so with very different definitions.
*AR 15 style rifles can look like military rifles, such as the M 16, but by law they function like other semiautomatic civilian sporting firearms, as they fire only one round with each pull of the trigger.
* Versions of modern sporting rifles are legal to own in most states, provided the purchaser passes the mandatory FBI background check required for all retail firearm purchasers.

* Since America s founding, civilian sporting rifles have evolved along with military firearms. The modern sporting rifle simply follows that pattern.
* These rifles accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and versatility serve target shooters and hunters well. They are true all-weather firearms.
* These rifles are used for many different types of hunting, from varmint to big game.
 They are commonly owned , with more than 16 million modern sporting rifles owned by civilians by 2018.

None of which contradicts him  by evidence.

All of which ignores the readily effected adjustments to take it from semi-automatic to full automatic. There are multiple versions of the instructions on line, both text and video versions.

And it ignores that the bolt action version is used in GB because the semi-automatic function of the AR15 is forbidden there - and it effectively slows down operation.

It's still fast enough to allow shooting wild boors (spelling intentional).

The effective fire rate of an AR15 is 45-60 rounds per minute, assuming a large enough magazine to make that viable.

Of course, a 60 round magazine for that type of weapon is available for about $120. 100 rounds cost about 50% more. I can't speak to how smoothly the latter works, but the former functions very effectively and swaps out for replacements in just a few second.

But it isn't enough to ban the 60 and 100 round magazines.

It's pretty trivial to buy and install a join between two 30 round magazines.

IOW, as usual, Ward is playing "lie, deny, and obfuscate" games, rather than trying to deal with the truths of the matter:

1) An off-the-shelf AR-15 style weapon is plenty dangerous.

2) The simple off-the-shelf modifications (like a larger magazine or a joiner) make these more deadly.

An analysis of mass shootings between 1990 and 2017 found that attacks involving large capacity magazines resulted in a 62% higher death toll.

3) The slightly modified AR-15 can get off shots far faster than off-the-shelf:
Using an assault weapon and a drum magazine that held 100 rounds, the assailant in the 2019 Dayton, Ohio mass shooting, was able to fire at least 41 rounds of ammunition in less than 30 seconds, killing nine people and wounding 26 others.

The shooter in the 2017 Las Vegas massacre was able to fire 100 rounds in just 10 seconds - without having to pause and reload - because he used a large capacity magazine, bump stock, and an assault rifle in his attack which killed 50 and injured hundreds

Quibble over the term "assault rifle" all you want, but add the large magazine and the bum stock, and if it wasn't an assault weapon before, it was by the time it was used.

Without those large magazines, more people are able to escape, as with the Douglas High School shooting.

There is NO valid reason to support the 60 or 100 round magazines except the killing of masses of people.

There are no animals that require it and no peaceful civilian uses for it.

If you want it at a range, make a law that keeps them locked securely at the range and disables them if somebody tries to remove them.

Quotes are from giffords.org, but the info about the occasions referred to are from CNN and ABC News respectively.
https://giffords.org/lawcenter/gun-laws/policy-areas/hardware-ammunition/large-capacity-magazines/

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27505 on: May 29, 2022, 12:56:45 AM »

Yes, it does.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27506 on: May 29, 2022, 01:06:57 AM »

Yes, it does.

You are too fucking funny.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27507 on: May 29, 2022, 03:45:01 AM »

Heh

No flaw at all

There are no white supremacists who aren
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27508 on: May 29, 2022, 08:15:07 AM »

Bankshot?

Oh, that's right.

Nope.

You want me to debate you?

Naw. You lost any consideration from me a long time ago.

Go play in traffic you pissy little bitch.

Debate me? LOL! I can't ask you to do something that far beyond your innate abilities!

It's been proven time and again that is an impossible task for you, as you have never demonstrated the capacity to have your arguments hold up to anyone's scrutiny.

Scrutiny is something that closed minds like yours don't handle well.

Francine would be so embarrassed to see what you've become.

It's a blessing she's not here to witness what a pathetic soul you are now.

Have a great day.

Oh, and apologies for misspelling your name, earlier. Bollinger is not Bellinger.

Ciao.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 08:25:20 AM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27509 on: May 29, 2022, 11:06:13 AM »

Her name is Francel.

I know what she thought about you and that is good enough for me.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1832 1833 [1834] 1835 1836 ... 2923