Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2477 2478 [2479] 2480 2481 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998506 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Sad for me to say
« Reply #37170 on: June 08, 2020, 12:04:53 AM »

But I do believe Trump will still be president for another 4 years.   
By hook or by crook.   Maybe especially by crook.   
He has his supporters who
A) Will vote Trump no matter what
B) Will try to suppress the vote
C) Will occupy D.C. regardless of the outcome of the election, claiming widespread Voter FRAUD etc..

I do not see how there is a peaceful transition of power.
America is not a democracy any more.
The electoral college always made a mockery of that notion, and now the rabid Trump base will put that notion to rest permanently.

If Trump loses the Electoral College, then I would bet on a peaceful transition of power, whether or not Trump wants one, because this week he lost all chance of having the military support his remaining in power after his term is up. Without them, he is screwed if he tried to overthrow the constitution.

Military occupation was never the play.  Giving congressional Republicans enough cover to claim a disputed election is the play.  Then having enough control over the military apparatus that its paralyzed.  Who is going to remove Trump if he refuses to concede and Republicans in Congress say "Yeah, there was a lot of fraud..."

This is why he is out in front calling mail-in ballots fraudulent.  Its not only because he wants to suppress their use.  He wants to invalidate an election in which they will be the deciding factor.

Mail in ballots may not be the flash point inNovember.

Try keeping these young white people out of the polls.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37171 on: June 08, 2020, 12:31:22 AM »

25th or impeachment options are just not going to happen unless Mousse O'Leany starts decapitating Girl Scouts and knocking their heads around the WH lawn with a croquet mallet.   I like joining in contemplation of the scenario, but it feels like contemplating benevolent aliens landing and taking away all our nukes:  fun but pure fantasy.   And if anyone tried,  Rethugs would make endless political hay about "purely political stunts while we need to be working together to deal with the current crisis...."  IOW,  gaslighting and hypocrisy to the max.

My point was simple enough, I thought.  If you really think Trump is ignoring the Constitution and is a threat to Democracy then you need to say more than “I’m going to vote for Biden.”
What part of the Constitution is Trump
“ ignoring”?

To use a turn of phrase you enjoy;

Why don't you ask Colin Powell?
Powell had no answer.  Nothing Trump has done comes close to violating the Constitution.

barton

« Reply #37172 on: June 08, 2020, 12:36:29 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37173 on: June 08, 2020, 01:09:20 AM »

25th or impeachment options are just not going to happen unless Mousse O'Leany starts decapitating Girl Scouts and knocking their heads around the WH lawn with a croquet mallet.   I like joining in contemplation of the scenario, but it feels like contemplating benevolent aliens landing and taking away all our nukes:  fun but pure fantasy.   And if anyone tried,  Rethugs would make endless political hay about "purely political stunts while we need to be working together to deal with the current crisis...."  IOW,  gaslighting and hypocrisy to the max.

My point was simple enough, I thought.  If you really think Trump is ignoring the Constitution and is a threat to Democracy then you need to say more than “I’m going to vote for Biden.”
“ ignoring”?

Powell had no answer.  Nothing Trump has done comes close to violating the Constitution.

Nah, he just wiped his ass with it.

Now wipe that jizz off your chin.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37174 on: June 08, 2020, 01:16:50 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/majority-of-minneapolis-city-council-commits-to-dismantling-citys-police-department/ar-BB15aCd0?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Majority of Minneapolis City Council commits to dismantling city's police department

"We're dismantling our police department," Councilman Jeremiah Ellison said.

Speaking during a community meeting earlier, council President Lisa Bender called the city’s relationship with the department “toxic” and vowed to “recreate systems of public safety that actually keep us safe.”

#####

Well there you go.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37175 on: June 08, 2020, 01:43:02 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/hypocrisy-at-the-heart-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/ar-BB158BCX?OCID=AVRES000

Hypocrisy 'at the heart' of the Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement lost a lot of support when its leaders failed to condemn the widespread violence and looting conducted in the wake of George Floyd’s death, according to Turning Point USA’s Rob Smith.[an African American man].

“The vast majority of people that were affected by the devastated in Minneapolis, which by the way there is devastated in New York City, devastation in Atlanta, the people who are going to be living with the effects of this are African American,” he said.

To excuse some of the brutality we saw in those riots, to excuse the destruction, to excuse the amount of people who had their livelihoods absolutely destroyed in the names of Black Lives Matter… I don’t think it’s a good thing to excuse it.”

etc

#####

Rob Smith tells it true, in his video interview.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 01:44:58 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37176 on: June 08, 2020, 02:43:24 AM »

Fearful of civil war, Americans are buying guns and bunkers.

#####

No surprise to me. If I lived there I'd be doing the same thing.

The govt has lost control of the streets and therefore society.
No, they haven't you antipodal coward RACIST.

He's right. Bu

Its under control

Except for Portland - and that's a fucking sewer so ce la vie.

Since you are a tapeworm and one of the republican persuasion, I defer to your expertise on sewers.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37177 on: June 08, 2020, 02:48:43 AM »

“ ignoring”?

Nah, he just wiped his ass with it.

Now wipe that jizz off your chin.

To Red the Constitution says whatever someone shoving something dick shaped up his ass says it does.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37179 on: June 08, 2020, 04:35:05 AM »

Fearful of civil war, Americans are buying guns and bunkers.

#####

No surprise to me. If I lived there I'd be doing the same thing.

The govt has lost control of the streets and therefore society.
No, they haven't you antipodal coward RACIST.

He's right. Bu

Its under control

Except for Portland - and that's a fucking sewer so ce la vie.

Since you are a tapeworm and one of the republican persuasion, I defer to your expertise on sewers.

You wrote here yesterday "we are dominating the streets".  You being not the govt.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37180 on: June 08, 2020, 04:48:31 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/06/07/the-coronavirus-next-victim-capitalism/

Coronavirus?

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/06/america-giving-up-on-pandemic/612796/

America Is Giving Up on the Pandemic

Businesses are reopening. Protests are erupting nationwide. But the virus isn’t done with us.

After months of deserted public spaces and empty roads, Americans have returned to the streets. But they have come not for a joyous reopening to celebrate the country’s victory over the coronavirus. Instead, tens of thousands of people have ventured out to protest the killing of George Floyd by police.

Demonstrators have closely gathered all over the country, and in blocks-long crowds in large cities, singing and chanting and demanding justice. Police officers have dealt with them roughly, crowding protesters together, blasting them with lung and eye irritants, and cramming them into paddy wagons and jails.

Capitalism will survive.

Too many people and not enough resources?
Simple...lose some people.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:09:55 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37181 on: June 08, 2020, 06:28:46 AM »

You make a great case for drowning crapitalism in its bathtub. How many people does crapitalism need to eat a month to stay healthy? Are there enough retired bank clerks in the world to even take the edge off its hunger?

Up until the last couple of weeks I have been building up my arsenal and deepening my bunker, but seeing the goings on around Black Lives Matter Plaza and it’s adjacent pig pen, I’m starting to think of the addition as a wine cellar and I’ve started offloading my excess munitions to worthy charities like the AntiFrack League, Society for Coalless Future, The River Guardians, The Transgendered Defense Fund, The LatinX Empowerment Guild, Lambda Legal, The NAACP, ACORN, Planned Parenthood, The ACLU, INCAM, and The Hierarchical Organization of American Anarchists.

I’m just hoping I can still write all that off when the next tax season rolls around.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37182 on: June 08, 2020, 06:30:34 AM »

“ ignoring”?

Spoken as one who’s ignorance is more blister than bliss.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37183 on: June 08, 2020, 06:37:19 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/politics/cnn-poll-trump-biden-chaotic-week/index.html

For Zoolander school graduates Red & Kiid, I will translate.

Trump is being pelted hard with the rotten fruits of his labor. The sweet scam has turned sour and the seeds of a second term won’t take root in the soil he is poisoning as his chances of avoiding a well deserved lengthy and excruciatingly detailed prosecution wither on the vine, a natural result of more than three years of sowing the wind.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 06:58:04 AM by facilitatorn »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37184 on: June 08, 2020, 06:37:36 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-08-20-intl/index.html

US government is running out of the only drug proven effective.
Pages: 1 ... 2477 2478 [2479] 2480 2481 ... 4288