Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4156 4157 [4158] 4159 4160 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1875808 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62355 on: January 09, 2021, 07:05:56 AM »

Mitch won’t be holding a gavel during trump’s second impeachment, starting Monday. By the time it gets to the Senate, Chuck will decide what evidence to hear in the matter.

Are there 16 or 17 genuine Americans and human beings in the Republican Senate caucus?

Romney
Murkowski

Who else will stand against insurrection, terror, murder, and mayhem rather than support a criminal thug and conman?
The GA SoS has not certified the results yet, has he? I believe 1/20 is the day Schumer takes over.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #62356 on: January 09, 2021, 09:34:45 AM »

There is no “Capitol” in Seattle.
Well, yes there is. It was known as Capitol Hill until the June riots when it became known as the
Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ),also known as Free Capitol Hill, the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, or the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP).

I’m surprised you don’t remember.
Do you think you refuted my point?
Yes. In spades.
Especially Given the post you were referring to.
Not to mention your insults.
No, the post he referred to from bambu spoke of protesters occupying "the Capitol" in Seattle. Not Capitol Hill. The Capitol is in Olympia. So, no, you didn't refute his post, in spades or otherwise. "Especially G[sic]iven the post [he was] referring to."
Exactly the post I referred to.
Thanks .
You won’t cite it since YankGuy clearly misunderstood it.
The Capitol, the phrase bambu used, refers to a building where the government sits.
Well, no.
He was referring to a neighborhood called Capitol Hill (cum CHAZ after the riots).
But you and YankGuy know that. You two just don’t like Bambu.
That’s why you both use insults to bolster a silly debate over nothing.
Is there a Capitol in Seattle? Continue to say yes, and continue to be wrong.
There is a Capitol Hill which is what Bambu clearly was referring to. His post is unmistakable.
Which is why you won’t repeat it.
I quoted it. If I misquoted him repost his comment. You are the one saying he meant something he did not actually say.
LOL!

barton

« Reply #62357 on: January 09, 2021, 11:03:03 AM »

He brought peace to the Middle East.
[...]
Very peaceful.  Very stable.  Great Trump ME policy.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/08/donald-trump-war-iran-tehran-daniel-ellsberg

I hope Ellsberg is overstating the danger in the next 11 days.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62359 on: January 09, 2021, 11:33:13 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2859454007707045

Lindsey Graham, traitor - according to the MAGA folks, who hounded him through the airport and vowed to make the rest of his life like this.

Graham doesnt need to worry.  He's in for six years.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62360 on: January 09, 2021, 11:37:28 AM »

The advantages of thinking like Red or facil:

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62361 on: January 09, 2021, 11:38:34 AM »

It was the exact opposite.  Cops wanted the crowd to succeed to terrorize congress.

Which cops?

Certainly video doesn't bear that out with any high percentage.

Higher ups that had a skeleton force out there?  You mean Mayor Bowser?  Interesting theory - but I have no comment on that.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62362 on: January 09, 2021, 11:50:03 AM »

Did the Michigan incident have anything to do with what happened at the Capitol?

Sure.

The fact Michigan was a bit soft gave the "movement" more hubris - not that they really needed any.

Shows of force like we saw in Seattle when they defended the Federal building - and which were DENOUNCED by Democrats - were certainly the better way.

Trump supporters are ON THE SIDE of "there should have been more of a police presence at the Capitol", even though it was zanies from their own side that would have been held back, arrested, injured, etc

That is because the MAJORITY OF THE PARTY does not defend the EXTREMISTS - much unlike much of what we heard from your side after what occurred this summer.

Know before commenting on this that commentary denouncing extreme BLM and AntiFa activities this past summer were NOT a condemnation of BLM or its right to exist.   Just the tactics.   Similarly, I support MAGA while denouncing what occurred after barricades were breached Wednesday.

Let the wisdom of that last paragraph live on in you.  I am sure you all mostly agree with it.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62363 on: January 09, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »

He brought peace to the Middle East.
[...]
Very peaceful.  Very stable.  Great Trump ME policy.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/08/donald-trump-war-iran-tehran-daniel-ellsberg

I hope Ellsberg is overstating the danger in the next 11 days.

Interesting.  Thanks for the link.

Do you think Iran may be waiting til after the inauguration to hit the U.S. (forgetting anything you or anyone thinks Trump might do to incite from here on)?

As for overstating danger - I think the strong threats from Iran in the last week or so has us at high alert already, no?  The overstating is when they talk of Trump and nukes.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62364 on: January 09, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »

On another note -

did the US provoke the Pearl Harbor attack, in your opinion?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62365 on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:22 PM »

Lindsey Graham, traitor - according to the MAGA folks, who hounded him through the airport and vowed to make the rest of his life like this.

Your shallowness is noted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62366 on: January 09, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »

Know before commenting on this that commentary denouncing extreme BLM and AntiFa activities this past summer were NOT a condemnation of BLM or its right to exist.   Just the tactics.   Similarly, I support MAGA while denouncing what occurred after barricades were breached Wednesday.

Nor were they endorsements of BML or Antifa - you condemn them just as you did Colin K's taking a knee, but right now you want to dance around.

And the way we know you condemn them is because you support MAGA, which condemns them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62367 on: January 09, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/americas/canada-covid-19-lockdowns/index.html

Canada has the most vaccine dosages per capita, they say, but are still running slower than they would like - and slower than we are. OTOH, their numbers are still far lower than ours, overall.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62368 on: January 09, 2021, 01:00:20 PM »

I also doubt Biden will meet the Kim 3x and exchange love letters.
Trump believed Kim when he said he's give up his entire nuclear program.
About as credible as trump's threat to wipe out NK.

It's hard to annihilate North Korea when Seoul and most of South Korea's population reside 30 miles away from the border.  Also, the Chinese tend to be touchy about Western invasion and puppet govts set up on their border.
And oh yeah, those pesky nuclear weapons.  Would be easy for NK to annihilate Seoul and most South Koreans and embedded US military there.

Trump got nothing accomplished with NK despite giving them the respect that comes with multiple summits with the US president.  The NK nuke program continued and developed under Trump, only slowed down when one of their testing sites partially collapsed (from repeated explosions).

Kim is threatening an increase in nuclear arsenal NOW THAT TRUMP IS LEAVING OFFICE

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-s-kim-threatens-build-more-nukes-bring-u-n1253625

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62369 on: January 09, 2021, 01:02:16 PM »

Your shallowness is noted.

I think he does fine work

This inclusive of his recent thoughts re:  his outgoing POTUS friend.

Like AOC, Graham only needs to carry a small group of voters to stay afloat

(Graham relative to the nation, Ocasio to the state of NY)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:07:55 PM by kidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 4156 4157 [4158] 4159 4160 ... 4288