Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584295 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20445 on: September 19, 2019, 01:26:48 PM »

Yep - just like Bush and Cheney, blowhard.

Cheney was a a professional career criminal so Bush had his Roy Cohn. Pence is much much closer to Roy Moore than Roy Cohn. That is a horse of an entirely different color.

Even dead eye Dick couldn’t keep Scooter from being convicted. And Corey just proved that the the grifter carnival shit show you have bound yourself to doesn’t have a single gross flunky of Scooter Libby’s caliber. They are just weak shitty crooks easily broken. Just keep the competent attorneys busy cracking trump shitheel skulls till they’re all a puddle of tainted soup.

http://www.salon.com/2019/09/18/corey-lewandowskis-stonewall-campaign-finally-crumbles-are-impeachment-counts-coming/

Reds gone glitchy again. He gets overwhelmed with a rectal orgasm every time his lips touch a piece of Kremlin- Cracker propaganda. This last piece made him go back for a second round.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 01:28:45 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #20446 on: September 19, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »

EVERYONE:  I would factcheck Red's claim that the quoted text he cited today is actually from a Harris Poll questionnaire.  I can find it nowhere in the PDF that he posted, nor in other online sources on the August 2019 Harvard/Harris Poll. 

If he or someone else cannot produce the link which shows the poll question actually phrased this way, then I would ask Kid to acknowledge that it would be legitimate to dismiss that post.

barton

« Reply #20447 on: September 19, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »

I dont use the Fox website often

You could even find the story there if you did.

The guy who posted "You really should expand your sourcework" should get his news from something other than the Fox News Cable channel.

Where do you suggest?

apnews.com

www.theguardian.com

reuters.com

npr.org

thehill.com

No paywalls for any of these.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20448 on: September 19, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

EVERYONE:  I would factcheck Red's claim that the quoted text he cited today is actually from a Harris Poll questionnaire.  I can find it nowhere in the PDF that he posted, nor in other online sources on the August 2019 Harvard/Harris Poll. 

If he or someone else cannot produce the link which shows the poll question actually phrased this way, then I would ask Kid to acknowledge that it would be legitimate to dismiss that post.
Even if that phrasing is accurate it is useless for a public opinion poll, though useful for a poll to check messaging - which is what I suspect it to be.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #20449 on: September 19, 2019, 01:50:19 PM »

I went so far as to google the quoted question.  It's nowhere, not at Harris, not in the MSM, though the phrasing was quite similar to that used by a writer in the Conservative Review.  So, yes, it could be an interesting way to do a psychological study on messaging, but if so, I can't find any evidence such a poll was conducted.

Actual polls, for one thing, would separate out those long sentences into several, each asking a distinct question.  For example, one could ask in a poll if one believed in standing up to China and Iran.  I would estimate at least 80% of any polling sample would answer "yes" to that one.  As would pretty much any candidate for national office in the United States. 

I think Needs covered this pretty well, so I won't go on.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20450 on: September 19, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »

Red Ward Jim stripped naked is truly grotesque. He’s almost half as bad as trump.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20451 on: September 19, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »

What does it have to do with me?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20452 on: September 19, 2019, 02:08:09 PM »

The guy who posted "You really should expand your sourcework" should get his news from something other than the Fox News Cable channel.

Where do you suggest?

apnews.com

www.theguardian.com

reuters.com

npr.org

thehill.com

Sure.

Thanks

None of those sites has a bias, right?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20453 on: September 19, 2019, 02:13:58 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/19/759761114/with-abortion-restrictions-on-the-rise-some-women-induce-their-own

When Arlen found out she was pregnant this year, she was still finishing college and knew she didn't want a child.

Well...

was she on birth control?
Did they use a condom?
Was this an immaculate conception?

Or has the women's rights movement given the go ahead to just sleep around aimlessly without regards to consequence?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20455 on: September 19, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20456 on: September 19, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »

So they exist - just aren't being called caravans?  Sure - thanks for the update.

Migrants are still coming to the southern border to legally request asylum?  Yes.

You were told in real time that the threat posed by the “caravans” was being exaggerated to scare the base into voting in the midterms, and now post-midterms you take the fact that they aren’t being talked about anymore as evidence that the Trump Administration has somehow neutralized the threat.

You are a perfect Trumpist.

Wasn't talking about any threat.  Just the numbers.  But continue being vague.  I realise you may not be in the know.

Being vague?  Sorry I can’t be specific about a threat that was made up for political reasons which we no longer hear about because it is no longer politically convenient for one party to talk about it.  Because that is what the “caravan” was. 

If you want numbers on the people presenting themselves at the border for asylum, I imagine you can look those up yourself.

Down - by quite a bit.  Thus my initial statement.

Summer
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #20458 on: September 19, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »

Readers React: Is there a connection between homelessness and illegal immigration?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-homeless-myths-immigrants-20190614-story.html

Easy to see if you connect the dots.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20459 on: September 19, 2019, 02:27:02 PM »

Where do you suggest?

apnews.com

www.theguardian.com

reuters.com

npr.org

thehill.com

Sure.

Thanks

None of those sites has a bias, right?

In aggregate, those sites get enough right that stands up over time and they comment and retract according to the principles of journalism along with profit and other motives on their agenda including preserving access.

They are mostly free of the taint of the Russian and Australian influenced race to third world anarchy and oblivion that ate the GOP and its media organs.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 ... 4288