Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

How far with the Dow Jones Industrial Average fall by Jan 1?

Somewhere above 24,000 - it won't fall. It will go up.
- 1 (16.7%)
Still above 23,000, still below 23,000
- 0 (0%)
Still above 22,000, but below 23,000
- 4 (66.7%)
Still above 21,000, but below 22,000
- 0 (0%)
Still above 20,000, but below 21,000
- 0 (0%)
Somewhere below 20,000
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 29, 2018, 04:44:22 PM

Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666]

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 67204 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #9975 on: February 15, 2019, 07:05:47 PM »

If the ACLU, and the State of California, and hopefully others, cannot win straight out by declaring that the emergency does not exist, then in the least we can keep the wall tied up in court until we can elect a new President in 2020, then we can elect a new President who puts a halt to all of Trump's foolishness on the border issue.

NO WALL! We need teamwork with our neighbors, not walls. And we should all be free to travel, and to live wherever we want.

Salute,

Tony V.

Nice sentiment, but in reality would it work?

https://www.economist.com/open-future/2018/04/16/the-case-for-immigration

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: February 15, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »

Which was fine, bambu -

until it got complicated.

It only got/gets complicated downunder when new 'generations' of idealistic Leftist youth 18+ and their mentors vote in Leftist federal govts [which is likely to happen again in May 2019]. "Racist and too harsh" they cried in 2007, then opened the floodgates again.
Good luck getting a budget surplus out of a downunder Leftist govt.

In America it's different...land borders, no offshore processing in detention centres, failed asylum seekers can access the courts, etc.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:32:43 PM by bambu-wisdom »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: February 15, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »

Hmmm, Dr Romero and ACLU.

ACLU = American Civil Liberties Union.

The American Civil Liberties Union is a non-profit organization whose stated mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

Questions I would ask Dr Romero and ACLU are:

1. "Do you think there should be any physical border at all between the US and Mexico, US and Canada?"

2. "Do you think anyone and everyone around the globe who wishes to seek asylum in the US should just be able to walk in, sail in, fly in over US borders and apply for said asylum once on US soil?

The questions I would ask you are:

1. Why the fuck do you think anybody cares what you think?

2. Given how expensive the proposed wall with Mexico is, how expensive do you think it would be to build one along the Canadian borders? (Plural borders)

3. How expensive do you think it would be to eliminate the physical borders that already exist along those borders? (Hint: It makes erecting additional ones look cheap.)

Assuming you are a Dr Romero and ACLU supporter...you've answered Question 1...'No'.

Care to have a go at Question 2?

We already knew you were an ass.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: February 15, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »

Well...

DEUTSCH: ď Letís pick up the word grotesque and letís not forget what this is all about, what the emergency is, because there really is an emergency here for this base. Donald Trump ran on 'Make America Great, Make America White Again.' He ran on the wall and the Muslim ban. This is about the year 2045, where whites will be a minority in this country. That's what this is about. Itís not even about Mexico, itís about a wall, itís about your fear, the 42 percent, that youíre the minority, that blacks, that Hispanics, Asians, anything that's not white is taking over. That is the wall and that's what Donald Trump has and that's what he plays. That's the grotesque." the issue to spew hateful rhetoric."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: February 15, 2019, 08:38:58 PM »

Are you the global moderator or the room nazi?

You, who support Trump's immoral abduction of children and separation of them from their parents, with intentional failure to keep records, think somebody else is a Nazi?

You, who endorse your party's racist endeavors, while pretending you give a damn about racism?

You are too damned fucking funny, DimBulb.

And, OMG, I say nobody gives a fuck what Bambi says and that would make me "the room nazi?"

Are you still here? Is Bambi still here? Are you locked up? Been gassed for your beliefs or your religion? Have I siezed your property? Are you feeling at risk of your life from me and my brown shirts?!

YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF A NAZI, only what it is like to support them!

People are afraid of YOU and YOUR party coming for them to remove them, coming to separate them from their families for no particular reason. They are afraid to speak Spanish near your beloved border patrol for fear of being arrested!

People are afraid of being deported because they look funny to people like you, sound funny, had parents who were born in the wrong place. They are afraid of having their citizenship stripped because YOU want to take it away.

They are afraid they will lose their right to vote, their health insurance, their safety net, because YOU want to give tax breaks to the wealthy while giving lip service to reducing the deficit, like your hero, Mr. Mulvaney.

YOU are the one who actively supports Nazis and EVERYBODY here except you, Kiiid, Bambi, and maybe Luee knows it.

You want to be Global Moderator and get rid of the jerks who post 40 spam posts at a time and clean up after their messes? Say the word, asshole, and I will suggest to Liq that he anoint you, because you think you are so special that your shit don't smell.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: February 15, 2019, 08:42:36 PM »

Well...

DEUTSCH: ď Letís pick up the word grotesque and letís not forget what this is all about, what the emergency is, because there really is an emergency here for this base. Donald Trump ran on 'Make America Great, Make America White Again.' He ran on the wall and the Muslim ban. This is about the year 2045, where whites will be a minority in this country. That's what this is about. Itís not even about Mexico, itís about a wall, itís about your fear, the 42 percent, that youíre the minority, that blacks, that Hispanics, Asians, anything that's not white is taking over. That is the wall and that's what Donald Trump has and that's what he plays. That's the grotesque." the issue to spew hateful rhetoric."

They run on the fear that when they are minorities that they will be treated the way they have always treated minorities.

And given that, in their shoes I would be very afraid.

But they do not learn from the riots that have broken out again and again in our inner cities - that even when worked up and angry and destructive, they have not gone after the lives of the whites who have done this to them.

Their fear, when you come down to it, is the mirror.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: February 15, 2019, 09:32:58 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

You, who support Trump's immoral abduction of children and separation of them from their parents, with intentional failure to keep records, think somebody else is a Nazi?

You, who endorse your party's racist endeavors, while pretending you give a damn about racism?

And, OMG, I say nobody gives a fuck what Bambi says and that would make me "the room nazi?"

Are you still here? Is Bambi still here? Are you locked up? Been gassed for your beliefs or your religion? Have I siezed your property? Are you feeling at risk of your life from me and my brown shirts?!

YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF A NAZI, only what it is like to support them!

People are afraid of YOU and YOUR party coming for them to remove them, coming to separate them from their families for no particular reason. They are afraid to speak Spanish near your beloved border patrol for fear of being arrested!

People are afraid of being deported because they look funny to people like you, sound funny, had parents who were born in the wrong place. They are afraid of having their citizenship stripped because YOU want to take it away.

They are afraid they will lose their right to vote, their health insurance, their safety net, because YOU want to give tax breaks to the wealthy while giving lip service to reducing the deficit, like your hero, Mr. Mulvaney.

YOU are the one who actively supports Nazis and EVERYBODY here except you, Kiiid, Bambi, and maybe Luee knows it.

You want to be Global Moderator and get rid of the jerks who post 40 spam posts at a time and clean up after their messes? Say the word, asshole, and I will suggest to Liq that he anoint you, because you think you are so special that your shit don't smell.
Wow!
I have misjudged you.
You are worse than the room nazi.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: February 15, 2019, 11:03:02 PM »

Wow!
I have misjudged you.
Must be a slow at the Red ranch.
If you lose this war don't blame me!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: February 15, 2019, 11:06:34 PM »

Wow!
I have misjudged you.

If he was a room Nazi heíd have sent you to the eastern front long ago...
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666]