Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605939 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30060 on: March 27, 2020, 08:39:54 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/general-motors-ventilators-defense-production-act/index.html

And had he done that a month ago, a ton more of them would have been ready when they were needed.

You know companies HAVE been working on the ventillator shortage, right?  Even without use of the DPA?

Just checking.

You know that not enough of them are being made, don't you, Kid?

That that's why Trump has had to belatedly force GM to act?

Just checking.

GM was dragging their feet.  Others were complying

Have a good night

Yes. NOT ENOUGH WERE BEING MADE.

I suspect enough are still not being made, since we (the US) requested some from other countries.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30061 on: March 27, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »

degeneration. 

It's weird how both Marxist collectivism and liberal democracy devolve into oligarchy.

It is not weird.
It is a myth.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30063 on: March 27, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »

degeneration. 

It's weird how both Marxist collectivism and liberal democracy devolve into oligarchy.

It is not weird.
It is a myth.

Your usual incisive denialism sans reasoned argumentation or evidence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30064 on: March 27, 2020, 09:32:44 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30065 on: March 27, 2020, 09:34:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/general-motors-ventilators-defense-production-act/index.html

And had he done that a month ago, a ton more of them would have been ready when they were needed.

You know companies HAVE been working on the ventillator shortage, right?  Even without use of the DPA?

Just checking.

You know that not enough of them are being made, don't you, Kid?

That that's why Trump has had to belatedly force GM to act?

Just checking.

GM was dragging their feet.  Others were complying

Have a good night

Yes. NOT ENOUGH WERE BEING MADE.
Hmmm. Cuomo says there are plenty in reserve.
University of Minnesota has a nice solution to a problem not yet existent.
Might want to check it out.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30066 on: March 27, 2020, 09:35:34 PM »

degeneration. 

It is not weird.
It is a myth.

I just post the truth.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30067 on: March 27, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

The man who uses his asshole for his driver’s license photo posts the truth. That’s what he does. Twice a day. By accident and never as intended.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1931945

Trump to Michigan, “Drop dead!”
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30069 on: March 27, 2020, 09:57:33 PM »

degeneration. 

It is not weird.
It is a myth.

I just never post the truth.

FIFY.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30070 on: March 27, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »

When the economy was in freefall after the Bush Crash, the Recovery Act, Obama's stimulus measure passed 246-183 in the House without a single Republican vote  the Senate by a vote of 60-38 with all Democrats and only three Republicans in support.

Obama was unable to get the amount over $1T which is what many advisers were calling for (roughly $1.2T).  Obama had to reduce the bill to under $800B in order to get the necessary GOP support to break a threatened filibuster, and was forced to include fairly useless tax breaks as over 1/3 of the bill.  McConnell led the opposition to the stimulus bill.  And most GOPers derided the notion that Gov't spending could resuscitate the economy and denied that govt money could have a multiplier effect.

That was how bipartisan the GOP was in an emergency when there was a DEM president (and the GOP crashed the economy).  Flash forward to today and you get unanimous votes in the Senate and just one jackass GOP thwarting things in the House.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30071 on: March 27, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »

The Trump administration (with rare exception) keeps taking umbrage at claims that they were not prepared.

They were not prepared.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/us/coronavirus-cruise-ships-zandaam.html?fbclid=IwAR2otbAL5zBsCE4zGHEpLNxj4PqnVVlF1nMJHCe9a549VCl9SgRqsG_Mt3g

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30072 on: March 27, 2020, 10:08:12 PM »

Self-important, much?

Greta Thunberg

The environmental activist suspected she had the coronavirus, so she stayed apart from her family. “The last two weeks I’ve stayed inside,” she shared March 24. “When I returned from my trip around Central Europe I isolated myself (in a borrowed apartment away from my mother and sister) since the number of cases of COVID-19 (in Germany for instance) were similar to Italy in the beginning. Around ten days ago I started feeling some symptoms, exactly the same time as my father — who traveled with me from Brussels. I was feeling tired, had shivers, a sore throat and coughed. My dad experienced the same symptoms, but much more intense and with a fever.” Thunberg explained that she hadn’t taken a test, because those were being reserved for emergency cases, but she suspected she had it. “Now I’ve basically recovered, but — AND THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE: I almost didn’t feel ill. My last cold was much worse than this!” She urged people to stay home and avoid spreading the viru

A teenage girl giving up her mobility and outdoor life and FtF social contacts for two weeks?  Then giving useful public health advice to millions of followers?    That selfish bitch!   
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30073 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:39 PM »

degeneration. 

It is not weird.
It is a myth.

FIFY.
How clever.  When you have no response just change the wording of the argument.
You feel better for being such a coward?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30074 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »

degeneration. 

It is not weird.
It is a myth.

FIFY.
How clever.  When you have no response just change the wording of the argument.
You feel better for being such a coward?

Have a seat

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 4288