Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2155 2156 [2157] 2158 2159 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006520 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32340 on: April 23, 2020, 01:25:40 AM »

Nah....

Weak.

You are a self-serving, sniveling, sanctamonius slug.

You cannot admit that you are wrong almost ever (though more often than Ward can).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32343 on: April 23, 2020, 02:36:07 AM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ea1009fc5b699978a332f37

Rep. Peter King rips Moscow Mitch a new one. Turtle soup!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32344 on: April 23, 2020, 02:44:12 AM »

Yeah - have to expect 100+ K in the end.

Total failure - except if you ask those who recovered through the passion, diligence and work ethic of fellow Americans.

100K or more dead due to government failure to protect its citizens

Lack of preparation, slow response, disorganization, downplaying the risk.

All the blame on Trump

He's the president and decided a Coordinated National Response wasn't necessary.  That a daily dose of Trump on TV would do wonders for America.  The Trump Admin had plenty of warning and info on the virus and was too inept so that 1M will become infected and 100K dead and the shutdowns necessary were longer than otherwise needed (and there patchwork character was another mistake).
A terrible outcome, with lots of needless deaths, illnesses, human tragedy, worry.

The US has very good hospitals, equipment and medical personnel.  Btw, 30% of doctors in the US are foreign born.  The problem in the US is access and cost.  And that we tolerate a middleman system where the insurance companies make a profit by rationing and denying care.  So the poor don't get routine checkups and only enter the health care system when their medical condition is pretty bad.  Other issues include lifestyle and nutrition choices, obesity, and drug abuse.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32346 on: April 23, 2020, 04:35:44 AM »

Think those people wearing MAGA hats would have been there but for Trump's comments?

Trump shouldnt be held accountable, no - for any act committed by someoine in a red MAGA hat.
Not the point of my post. But you knew that.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32347 on: April 23, 2020, 04:36:12 AM »

The Whitmer for Biden Veep campaign seems to be on life support.

Forget her unpopular state lockdown orders that led to protests. ( her response was along the lines of Shut Up! Obey!)

She wasn't going to ever be Biden's Veep nor was she campaigning for it.

But sure, her chances got cut in half from 0% down to 0/2%.
I would also point out that there is no evidence Whitmer's lock down was unpopular in general. As opposed to unpopular with a small number of people triggered by Trump.
LOL!
So as usual you have absolutely nothing to back up your claim.
I didn’t make any claim.
Liar.
I didn’t make any claim.
I bolded your claim, liar.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32348 on: April 23, 2020, 06:00:59 AM »

Him and his buddy are slooooow animals, my Hairy friend.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1939422

ND border boondoggle building grift continues full steam, while under investigation, amidst the pandemic, as folks climb over, cut, or walk through the product when it doesn’t fall over in the wind.

Build the wall is a syphilitic’s idea of how to steal money as President. Slow animals don’t change their behavior so well as situations and circumstances change. The nature of these beasts, these slow animals, just gets more obvious as they fall further out of step with the world.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32349 on: April 23, 2020, 07:18:52 AM »

At least one vaccine candidate has been approved for human trials. Hope springs if we just hunker down.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

barton

« Reply #32351 on: April 23, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »

More weirdness from France....

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nicotine-patches-to-be-tested-on-patients-after-study-suggests-smokers-less-likely-to-catch-covid-19-11977460

I suspect this may be a false correlation which some of you will be able to figure out.   

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #32352 on: April 23, 2020, 10:32:39 AM »

---Tom Homan: Trump suspension of immigration over coronavirus will protect our health, jobs and wages---

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tom-homan-trump-suspension-of-immigration-over-coronavirus-will-protect-our-health-jobs-and-wages
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32353 on: April 23, 2020, 11:29:16 AM »

---Tom Homan: Trump suspension of immigration over coronavirus will protect our health, jobs and wages---

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tom-homan-trump-suspension-of-immigration-over-coronavirus-will-protect-our-health-jobs-and-wages

But...

he's only stopping Green Cards. How many is that, exactly, and does it stop them from coming to the country? No. Nor does it stop them from having jobs to come to.

And only for 60 days.

BS move from top to bottom, designed to appeal to his base, without having substance to it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32354 on: April 23, 2020, 11:43:31 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2155 2156 [2157] 2158 2159 ... 4288