Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2377 2378 [2379] 2380 2381 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584064 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35670 on: May 30, 2020, 05:31:10 AM »

Thank you prez for keeping the most violent families out.

---Woman Fatally Shot By Police Was Sister Of Accused Terrorist
The sister of an accused ISIS terrorist was fatally shot at Temple Terrace City Hall after attacking an officer with a knife.---

https://patch.com/florida/templeterrace/woman-knife-shot-police-temple-terrace-city-hall

Is it still kill an infidel for big Mo?

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35671 on: May 30, 2020, 07:42:33 AM »

The violent family you referred to was in and not out, since both the sting and the shooting took place in Florida.

2 attempted suicides by cop, one more quickly resolved than the other, is a lot for a single family in a generation, but it doesn’t rate at hardly at all for a most violent family. Derek Chauvin by himself, while acting as a peace officer was more dangerously violent both in terms of peak bodily harm and sheer quantity of recorded incidents than Muhammed Momtaz Al-Azhari or his sister.

In tough times, a little perspective helps a lot.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35672 on: May 30, 2020, 08:16:42 AM »

So long as trump, Jared, Ivanka, Eric, and daddy’s first mistake, Don jr. either whole or in parts are all that is used for ammunition, I’m all in favor of shooting at looters. Barrages of fresh genuine trump giblets would go a long way to dispersing the crowds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35673 on: May 30, 2020, 08:40:50 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35674 on: May 30, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »

Thank you prez for keeping the most violent families out.

The sister of an accused ISIS terrorist was fatally shot at Temple Terrace City Hall after attacking an officer with a knife.---

https://patch.com/florida/templeterrace/woman-knife-shot-police-temple-terrace-city-hall

Is it still kill an infidel for big Mo?

Whew.

I had begun to worry about luee but now I see he’s back.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35675 on: May 30, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »

The emphasis on law and order has led to a consistent campaign of oppression in communities of color, and when those folks push back and demand that the rights of citizenship be afforded them by the police, the inevitable response is, “Why are you mad at cops? They’re just doing their job. Why don’t you protest all the black-on-black crime in Chicago?” Ignored is the equating of criminals with the police. Crooks gonna crook, but the cops aren’t supposed to be crooks.

Justice, right? One of the oldest jokes in black standup is, “I was down at the courthouse looking for justice . . . and that’s what I found, just us!”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/why-your-blue-lives-matter-flag-is-a-racist-symbol/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #35676 on: May 30, 2020, 09:24:55 AM »

Our legal expert shows his knowledge. Or lack of it.

Upped the charge from second to third degree murder did they? Do you ever have a fucking clue?

He seems to have confused the burn trauma unit with the courthouse.   

Anyway,  sure looks like a "depraved heart" criterion is met, for M3. 

barton

« Reply #35677 on: May 30, 2020, 09:37:33 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #35679 on: May 30, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »

Looks like she failed to realize how easy it is to get a gun in these US'sofA.
Or maybe she thought we were like Europe.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

oilcan

« Reply #35680 on: May 30, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »

So now Trump is trying to pivot on the Floyd killing.   Yeah,  I'm sure he'll chip away at the Dems massive advantage with black voters in any way possible.   Maybe he thinks people of color can't form long-term memories.   Central Park 5, Charlottesville, Mexican rapists,  retweets of white nationalist memes... yeah,  they're forgetting all that as we speak!   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #35681 on: May 30, 2020, 10:51:14 AM »

I was trying to think what I would have done if I had witnessed the policeman killing George Floyd. 

First off, I think recording the incident is mighty important.  Because there's no expectation it's going to lead to death or permanent injuries, but it is a case of police abuse of a suspect.  And people will likely not believe your word over a lying gang of cops, unless you have the video evidence of what happened and for how long and without resistance.

Secondly, it's hard to intervene when there is another cop specifically there to do crowd control.  You'd have to physically push past or grapple with the goofy little cop to get to the perpetrator cop.  Without him there, the chances of going right up to the perp cop and trying to get him to refrain would go up a good deal.

Third, it's really hard to believe that the police don't know what they are doing, and that they will actually kill a guy for no reason in broad daylight on the street while it's being witnessed and filmed.  They are the police afterall.

4th, I think I'd be less likely to intervene if I was with a female friend, as some of the male witnesses seemed to be, as you don't want to put another person you know in harm's way. 

5th, it's easy to imagine yourself handcuffed and prone on the ground with a knee on your neck for trying to help Floyd.  And that wouldn't do nobody no good.

Otherwise, I think both aging and my time in China has dulled my will to intervene.  Language and culture barrier means I might not know fully what's going on.  Or be able to explain myself so well if required to.  So I've become more of a head-down bystander than I would prefer.  A few times I have asked a woman if she was okay  when a guy on the sidewalk seemed to be manhandling her late at night.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35682 on: May 30, 2020, 11:25:10 AM »

So now Trump is trying to pivot on the Floyd killing.   Yeah,  I'm sure he'll chip away at the Dems massive advantage with black voters in any way possible.   Maybe he thinks people of color can't form long-term memories.   Central Park 5, Charlottesville, Mexican rapists,  retweets of white nationalist memes... yeah,  they're forgetting all that as we speak!   

Pivot?

(nod to LB)  'Tha fuck u talkin bout?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #35683 on: May 30, 2020, 11:33:17 AM »

Our legal expert shows his knowledge. Or lack of it.

Upped the charge from second to third degree murder did they? Do you ever have a fucking clue?

He seems to have confused the burn trauma unit with the courthouse.   

You and Harry might want to learn to read.

barton

« Reply #35684 on: May 30, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/865295468/obama-on-george-floyds-death-and-the-maddening-normalcy-of-racism

For those who are trying to recall,  this is what a leader sounds like,  in difficult times.
Pages: 1 ... 2377 2378 [2379] 2380 2381 ... 4288