Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2513 2514 [2515] 2516 2517 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998124 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37710 on: June 10, 2020, 04:17:54 PM »

A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37711 on: June 10, 2020, 04:22:07 PM »

---19 states see rising coronavirus cases and Arizona is asking its hospitals to activate emergency plans---

This is for the forced phase one, wait until the protester numbers kick in a few days from now.

Protestors wore masks for most part and were outdoors

Except for the ones who were snatched up by violent marauding gangs and put in cages. In many cases the gangs did not provide masks or even water to their victims.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37712 on: June 10, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »

Until everybody agrees on what "defunding" police means, it seems like a worthless discussion.
Worse is the fact that, for instance Minneapolis, many cities are governed  by Charters or, in effect, local constitutions. Changing the Charter  is not easy. It would take a unanimous  vote of the city Council AND the approval of the Mayor.
And then survive a court challenge.

Sure status quo is just ducky.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37713 on: June 10, 2020, 04:24:22 PM »

I think we call this rewriting history. Propagandists do that. I now fully understand how important is for you to creative a narrative that supports your innate bias towards anyone who does not automatically adhere to your strict views.

I've provided numerous factual examples that back my views.  You have provided zero.  Then call me the propagandist while claiming to have the moral high ground.

You needed to think a little longer before responding.

Uh-huh. Sure. You're proving my point. As this post illustrates, I did not call you a propagandist. But, here you are claiming such.

You believe you see what's in front of you, but you seem blind in so many ways.

Peace out.

You totally called Needs a propagandist. That is some shady shit.

Please go away and gaslight yourself elsewhere. I say yourself because it’s too transparent to work on anyone else.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37714 on: June 10, 2020, 04:24:39 PM »

I was trying to get the facts straight with regards to the officers.

How long they were officers will matter to their defense, as can be seen by the lawyers bringing it up.  It makes their deference appear more reasonable and them more sympathetic to a jury. 

From what I saw of the videos, the two rookie officers did an entirely credible job of dealing with Mr. Floyd, until the time Chauvin showed up, pulled Floyd out of the police vehicle and pinned him down.  Assisting him with that could be deemed reasonable as well, though you don't need three officers to pin a guy who is handcuffed behind his back and not resisting.  While deferring to a superior officer is normal as well.   So most or all of their actions can be portrayed as reasonable.  Meaning they were trying to be responsible police.

It really comes down to the length of time they helped pin Floyd, and whether they knew exactly what Chauvin was doing (how much pressure, where, etc).  They'll probably also say they relied on Chauvin's partner a 9 year vet who presumably knew Chauvin well, to monitor the situation and keep things under control.   Though that could depend on if their trials are together or separate and what Tao testifies to. 

The two rook officers certainly heard Floyd's distress and bystanders complain of the harm being done.  That audio plus obviously the video is the evidence that damns them.  3 guys pinning a handcuffed man face down for such a long time is unreasonable and certainly bad judgment.  I'm not sure what standard will be used, perhaps gross negligence.  And before you can charge anyone with aiding and abetting 2nd degree murder, I assume you need to prove the 2nd degree murder charge first. 

I certainly wouldn't want to be a policeman who gets sent to jail.  Especially Chauvin in such a notorious case.  I assume if convicted he wouldn't be mixed with the regular prison population, because he wouldn't last too long that way.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37715 on: June 10, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37716 on: June 10, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »

Barr just got his pee pee whacked.

So Flynn is gonna get pardoned by Trump because he ain’t getting shit in court

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/10/gleeson-flynn-sullivan-barr-justice-department-311018

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37717 on: June 10, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »

Until everybody agrees on what "defunding" police means, it seems like a worthless discussion.

I prefer right sizing police departments.

Fox and Red and Kid were all about the right sizing of the American workforce when it meant shipping good paying jobs overseas. It was a good capitalist solution to their economic concerns at that time, so they should be all for its application to police forces.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37718 on: June 10, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »

You can see how I called you on your "every day" assesment.

FOX has been as excellent a source on COVID as any - and certainly hasnt downplayed the virus to near the level you insinuate..

But likely you don't watch much FOX, thus only follow the watchdogs - a dangerous way to stay totally informed

Thank you for affirming that Fox did in fact down play the virus. Saves me from having to wade into the Fox sewer and drag out some clips. Their coverage of just about anything makes a reasonable person want to go ingest bleach.

Based on what you promote, it’s easy to see why people being totally informed would be a danger to you.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37719 on: June 10, 2020, 04:42:03 PM »

All the primaries that occurred so far make a great case for mandating that each state adopt universal vote by mail this November.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37720 on: June 10, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »

All the primaries that occurred so far make a great case for mandating that each state adopt universal vote by mail this November.

Good luck with that in GOP states.

This isn’t a bug it’s a feature of white supremacy.

I think there’ll be a reckoning in November.

While the GOP focuses on suppressing minority votes they are ignoring WHO is out there in The streets.

I think this is the election the youth vote flexes it’s muscle.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #37721 on: June 10, 2020, 04:48:57 PM »

Our dear leader's campaign wants CNN to apologize over a poll it conducted showing him trailing Joey B.

Fucking amazing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics/trump-campaign-cnn-poll/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker that contained numerous incorrect and misleading claims, was immediately rejected by the network.

"We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

The CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on Monday shows Trump trailing the former vice president by 14 points, 55%-41%, among registered voters. It also finds the President's approval rating at 38% -- his worst mark since January 2019, and roughly on par with approval ratings for one-term Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush at this point in their reelection years -- and his disapproval rating at 57%.

In the letter to Zucker, the Trump campaign argued that the CNN poll is "designed to mislead American voters through a biased questionnaire and skewed sampling."

What the Trump campaign didn't understand was that the poll might have understated Biden's lead as many Dems and decent people had taken to the streets in protest and couldn't hear or answer their phones aamongst the crowd.

In any case its reaffirming to see our dear leader's selective protection of our constitution, and which of our rights to defend (right to bear arms and tear gas) and which to shit on (suppress freedom of the press/ free speech).

I half expect Fuehrer and Balanced to run Trump campaign polls to fuehrer and re-balance reality more to their liking.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37722 on: June 10, 2020, 04:49:10 PM »

Everyone wants the same thing. No matter their culture.

That's just not true, beyond Maslow's bottom tier.

Just a simple single example:

There are people who would rather get less money if it means being ahead of their neighbors than get more money but have it be the same as their neighbors get.

I find that personally unfathomable, but reluctantly admit that it seems to be true. But it sure is a divergence from "the same thing!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37724 on: June 10, 2020, 04:51:10 PM »

---19 states see rising coronavirus cases and Arizona is asking its hospitals to activate emergency plans---

This is for the forced phase one, wait until the protester numbers kick in a few days from now.

Protestors wore masks for most part and were outdoors

Except for the ones who were snatched up by violent marauding gangs and put in cages. In many cases the gangs did not provide masks or even water to their victims.

DC National Guard Troops are testing positive. They are pissed about Lafayette Square.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2513 2514 [2515] 2516 2517 ... 4288