Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2591 2592 [2593] 2594 2595 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1665840 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38880 on: June 18, 2020, 10:25:45 AM »

On the real tip...

If John Bolton had testified during the impeachment trial it would have made NOT ONE BUT OF DIFFERENCE.
Of course not.  In fact nothing anybody said would have one bit of difference during the impeachment trial.  The impeachment trial was lost in the 2016 and 2018 elections.

2014 was a killer in that regard.

And fuck John Bolton and the gutless Senate Repubs.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #38881 on: June 18, 2020, 10:33:24 AM »

China’s new coronavirus outbreak in Beijing is a sobering reminder that in the story of this global pandemic, we are likely only in the first chapter.

China has been very concerned about a possible 2nd Wave.  Or the virus being seasonal and returning circa November.  Another worry is that China did perhaps too good a job eliminating the virus so that Chinese are more susceptible than other countries citizens, as the virus affected so few in China (outside Hubei Province). And international travelers have a higher likelihood of having the virus than Chinese who have stayed in China.

And while the 150-plus infections found so far in Beijing are far fewer than what’s being reported daily in the U.S., what’s unsettling is that they erupted after nearly 60 days without any known infections in the city.

I don't think that's accurate. I know Shanghai has has assorted cases arrive at the airport in April/early May.  And I believe the same for Beijing, not to mention a few cases slipping in from the ex-Manchurian region.  Also 60 days seems too long.  There would have been confirmed cases in BJ hospitals mid-April.  I think what they mean is that there weren't any known cases of transmission in Beijing for 60 days, not that there weren't any cases at all.  But I'd have to check to be sure.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:37:12 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38882 on: June 18, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #38883 on: June 18, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »

Bolton alleging that Trump gave his approval to China's detention camps in their Muslim far west, and that Trump asked China's leader to buy more farm products to help his reelection bid.

This idea that your genocide is okay with me (and the US) as long as you help me get elected.  Buy more farm products and we'll ignore those concentration camps.

And this at the same time Trump has been saying that Biden is weak v. China.

It's almost like any time there is an attack against the left you have to assume it's projection and a defensive strategy to hide something bad the Right is actually doing.

Things like claiming voting mail fraud, used to hide the fact that the GOP intends to limit and invalidate mail-in ballots.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38884 on: June 18, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »

This idea that your genocide is okay with me (and the US) as long as you help me get elected.  Buy more farm products and we'll ignore those concentration camps.

Trump no doubt has plans to lie about an awful lot of things this election, but painting China as enemy #1 and Biden as their enabler was supposed to be one of the primary ones.  I'd say that plan is dead now.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38885 on: June 18, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »

Trump no doubt has plans to lie about an awful lot of things this election, but painting China as enemy #1 and Biden as their enabler was supposed to be one of the primary ones.  I'd say that plan is dead now.

Though who knows.  Trump still claims to be tough on Russia...

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38886 on: June 18, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »

Nate Silver showing Biden up in all swing states save Iowa and Texas.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-new-polling-averages-show-biden-leads-trump-by-9-points-nationally/
If Texas is a "swing state" Trump is screwed.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38887 on: June 18, 2020, 11:09:34 AM »

Sweden, UK and Turkey all intended to go for herd immunity, just let the virus take its course.  Then they realized how much death and suffering that would entail -- I called the British plan the Dead Granny strategy -- and all of them modified their initial stance and went with limited lockdowns.

You have been refuted on this a number of times.  This was not Sweden's aim.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38888 on: June 18, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »

Bolton alleging that Trump gave his approval to China's detention camps in their Muslim far west, and that Trump asked China's leader to buy more farm products to help his reelection bid.

Wow!

It looks as if it is going to be quite the read. Add Mary Trump's book to it and soon Trump will be left with...

...almost the exact same support he had going into the books coming out, because his supporters mostly don't care.

Yeah, those books can kill an election

https://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/politics/anti-trump-books-summary.htm#2016-anti-trump-books

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38889 on: June 18, 2020, 11:13:58 AM »

I cannot decide who was more pitiful on tv yesterday - Biden or the Atlanta DA

barton

« Reply #38890 on: June 18, 2020, 11:15:26 AM »

Cream of Wheat chef is now on the chopping block,  too.   Apparently the purpose of African Americans is not to serve us our meals.   Expect angry tweets ahead.

Santitas chips lady is safe,  so far.   That's a relief.   I love that sexy smile and arched eyebrows,  as if holding ears of corn was pretty exciting. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38891 on: June 18, 2020, 11:19:52 AM »

Wow!

How is this shocking?

Helps our farmers as well.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38892 on: June 18, 2020, 11:25:27 AM »

Cream of Wheat chef is now on the chopping block,  too.   Apparently the purpose of African Americans is not to serve us our meals.   Expect angry tweets ahead.

Look up "Rastus" and it becomes pretty clear he is as problematic as the others.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38893 on: June 18, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/17/racial-bias-skews-algorithms-widely-used-to-guide-patient-care/

Racial bias skews algorithms widely used to guide care from heart surgery to birth, study finds

Pretty fucked up.

Also, almost all drugs are tested on white males and then the results extrapolated to minorities and females.  White males get accurate results and benefits, everyone else gets guesswork.

This is true.

Which is why I have put my healthcare with mostly younger Women of color because I figure they have grandpas and dads so when I say this hurts they tend to not dismiss what I say.

And your wife believes you?

LOL.

Yes. We accompany each other on our visits.

I learned how to navigate the system in the mid 90s when we didn’t have health insurance and she has MS.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38894 on: June 18, 2020, 11:28:45 AM »

Wow!

How is this shocking?

Helps our farmers as well.

It wasn't in the context of a trade deal between the US and China.  Trump wasn't asking China to buy more farm products and in return he would give them better terms (in fact, if you look at the history of the conversation relayed by Bolton, its the opposite.  Trump proposed keeping the terms the same.)

It was openly about his election.  Trump was asking for a personal favor.  If you don't see that as highly problematic in terms of what China would then ask in return, well...I'm not going to bother telling a Trumpist why Trump is corrupt.  Ultimately, for you guys, thats the point.
Pages: 1 ... 2591 2592 [2593] 2594 2595 ... 4288