Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2909 2910 [2911] 2912 2913 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009921 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43650 on: July 20, 2020, 03:43:13 PM »

Trump waited FIFTY DAYS

Local officials refused to control their city.

Very sad case.

Bullshit.  Homeland Security issued a list of incidents justifying their probably illegal incursion into Portland to unlawfully detain and attack protesters and they were all graffiti incidents.

Vandalism doesn't justify sending in a secret police force to batter protesters.

Trump Admin will take any pretense to go into our cities and wreak havoc to rev up the base and distract from their COVID response.

And for your "FIFTY DAYS"...

Trump has been talking about sending border patrol tactical units into so-called sanctuary cities since February at least. 

So more like negative fifty days.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43651 on: July 20, 2020, 03:45:12 PM »

Trump waited FIFTY DAYS

Very sad case.

Bullshit.  Homeland Security issued a list of incidents justifying their probably illegal incursion into Portland to unlawfully detain and attack protesters and they were all graffiti incidents.

Vandalism doesn't justify sending in a secret police force to batter protesters.

Trump Admin will take any pretense to go into our cities and wreak havoc to rev up the base and distract from their COVID response.
In earlier days that's what was known as the "Gleiwitz Incident."  If nothing else, this administration has allowed me to violate Godwin's Law with impunity. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43652 on: July 20, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »

Trump waited FIFTY DAYS

Very sad case.

In earlier days that's what was known as the "Gleiwitz Incident."  If nothing else, this administration has allowed me to violate Godwin's Law with impunity.

Even Godwin acknowledges you have to call Nazis Nazis.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43653 on: July 20, 2020, 03:49:03 PM »

Achtung, motherfuckers!

This has been inevitable. He told you who he is all along.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43654 on: July 20, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »

Clear unprovoked assault and battery

Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin posted several videos documenting the events Sunday as they unfolded. She said Black Lives Matter protesters swarmed the stage and attacked several women attending the pro-police rally, some using collapsable batons.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/denver-back-the-blue-event-violence-black-lives-matter-mob-protesters-anti-police

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43655 on: July 20, 2020, 03:53:40 PM »

Attempted murder does

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43656 on: July 20, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »

Attempted murder does

No, it still doesn't.

Good try, Nazi.

barton

« Reply #43657 on: July 20, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »

Yep,  Godwin always said his law was neutral,  a conjecture that all heated web discussions will include a parallel to Nazi Germany.  He never says that the parallel can't be valid.

...for example, the Geheime Staatspolizei, or secret state police, were the branch that wore no uniforms and would (cough) grab people and haul them off in unmarked cars....known by an acronym that's now often paired with the word "tactics. " 

barton

« Reply #43658 on: July 20, 2020, 04:17:24 PM »

Attempted murder does

casus belli

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43659 on: July 20, 2020, 04:26:16 PM »

Yep,  Godwin always said his law was neutral,  a conjecture that all heated web discussions will include a parallel to Nazi Germany.  He never says that the parallel can't be valid.

...for example, the Geheime Staatspolizei, or secret state police, were the branch that wore no uniforms and would (cough) grab people and haul them off in unmarked cars....known by an acronym that's now often paired with the word "tactics. "

More, he went so far as to say that the comparisons with the Trump administration were explicitly appropriate.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43660 on: July 20, 2020, 04:27:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

Some states keep smashing unwanted Covid-19 records as a Trump official says the surge is real

Yeah, there we go, being led by the nose again.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43661 on: July 20, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »

Let's go!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics/trump-administration-federal-agents-chicago/index.html

"We're not going to let New York and Chicago and Philadelphia, Detroit and Baltimore and all of these, Oakland is a mess. We're not going to let this happen in our country. All run by liberal Democrats," Trump said.

Not lettin it happen - no sir...

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43662 on: July 20, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »

More, he went so far as to say that the comparisons with the Trump administration were explicitly appropriate.
So I guess I'm good to go.  I can resume "Trump's relative fell of the guard tower" and "the speech was better in its original German" jokes.  Excellent.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43663 on: July 20, 2020, 04:36:17 PM »

Let's go!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics/trump-administration-federal-agents-chicago/index.html

"We're not going to let New York and Chicago and Philadelphia, Detroit and Baltimore and all of these, Oakland is a mess.

You quote him and still can't recognize when you are being handed incoherent rambling.

If he (or others) had been addressing THE UNDERLYING ISSUES instead of ignoring them or lying about them for DECADES, then there would not be unrest.

But it takes unrest to get the attention of people like you and Trump. Otherwise it's status quo and nothing needs to be done.

Your hypocrisy is showing.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43664 on: July 20, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »

There are some neighborhoods in Paterson and Newark not too far from you where you can go put your epic whiteness to the test, Kiid.

Go impose some “Law and Order”.

Meanwhile, shut the fuck up, coward nimrod.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2909 2910 [2911] 2912 2913 ... 4288