Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2941 2942 [2943] 2944 2945 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009171 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44130 on: July 23, 2020, 03:05:47 PM »

You're really no different than who you profess to loathe.

The people calling out racism are just like the racists.

Your shtick is tired, UNO.  We've seen it here before, and know that every single poster here sees through it.

Sir. or madam, whichever you prefer.

You were not calling our racism, and that's the problem. You were simply frustrated because someone disagreed with you, so you went to the name-calling, Nazi, asshole, brown-shirt bit. Again.

THAT SHTICK is tired. Exhausted, as matter of fact. It needs to go.

You destroy your own message, when you pull out that little pop gun every three posts.

And argue your own point, with me, without the feeble attempt to drag others into it, or to change the conversation from what it was to something you'd rather discuss, as you so often do---most recently with Mr. Banks, I believe.

And YOU are not a "We", unless by using that word, you wish to speak for others.

Speak for yourself. It's more courageous.

If you don't like being called out for acting like an entitled teen-queen, don't act like one.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44131 on: July 23, 2020, 03:08:58 PM »

The Navy vet video was tough to watch.  Maybe in time we get the whole story.  Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force - which by the way is NOT Cuccinelli's guys - as  am sure you know (if not you can thank me never)

Just a couple of bad apples.  Yeah, we haven't seen anything else in Portland that replicates this incident.  Like, no one posted a video just this morning of those forces beating medics trying to tend to a protester...

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Thank you for spreading misinformation you can't possibly verify?  OK.  Thanks for showing us yet again what an asshole you are kiidcarter8.  But I'll thank you more when you stop.

Do you think you can ever make a point with whom you disagree without resorting to demonizing them or going to the low form of personal insult? It's tiresome to read from anyone here, but you have it down as a habit.

Surely there are other tools in your kit in which you can show that you not only preach tolerance but can actually practice it?

Give it some thought. I'm sure you are not like this in real life.

Here is the full post again.

I've highlighted your teen-queen act.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44132 on: July 23, 2020, 03:12:23 PM »

Needs

Have you seen video from Chicago of officers being pelted with objects while protecting a statue?

What are your thoughts of the perpetrators' actions that night (Friday, I think it was)

Dont answer if you dont feel like it.  I know your position is tough to stand on intelligently.

Yeah, your position is so easy to stand on intelligently, you need to change the subject  rather than address specific points that contradict it.

We get it kiidcarter8.  You are Trumpist who applauds the coming fascism and will pull on the brown shirt as soon as you are called.  No need for you to spend every day here proving it further.

More teen-queen action.

Dude, you gotta give the whole Nazi thing a rest.

It's insulting to people who suffered under the real Nazis.

If you want to say that it the behaviors ring of fascism, fine, but telling someone that they are willing to be a Nazi is disgusting. It's very much just you trying to shut or shout someone down, instead of trying to demonstrate a different point of view with valid factual information.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44133 on: July 23, 2020, 03:13:30 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

Well, the problem is that I put your quote: "Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement" through a search and nothing came up.

So, post a link. Quotes always have a context. Responding to something without its context is like asking Andrea Bocelli to judge if it was a fastball or a curve that DeGromm just threw.

So, Linkee, or forgetee.
Molotov was spelled incorrectly.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44134 on: July 23, 2020, 03:14:02 PM »

You were not calling our racism, and that's the problem.

I was calling out racism (I'm not sure what else to call the defense of White Supremacy) and conversing with someone who has proven to be racist on numerous occasions.

And argue your own point, with me, without the feeble attempt to drag others into it, or to change the conversation from what it was to something you'd rather discuss, as you so often do

You entered a conversation that wasn't addressed to you, interjecting into a history you (pretend to) know nothing about and claim to want a discussion about civility on a message board, when really its all about you preening.

You want to "courageous?"  Maybe follow your own advice, and have the courage of your own convictions instead of hiding your true opinions behind a facade of impartiality.

Just a suggestion.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44135 on: July 23, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »

Somewhere Heather Hyer nods in agreement.  She misses her family/life and understands she should not have been out there

You are a sick fucking asshole.

I say that with all sincerity.

Here we see no attempt to debate. you just reach for the popgun, right away.

Are you perennially adolescent, or do you teach middle schoolers and have taken on their characteristics?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44136 on: July 23, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

Well, the problem is that I put your quote: "Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement" through a search and nothing came up.

So, post a link. Quotes always have a context. Responding to something without its context is like asking Andrea Bocelli to judge if it was a fastball or a curve that DeGromm just threw.

So, Linkee, or forgetee.
Molotov was spelled incorrectly.

"No results found for 'Molotov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement'".

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44137 on: July 23, 2020, 03:16:21 PM »

And here we see that you think kiidcarter8's disgusting post was worthy of a debate.

You really think you are hiding, UNO?  We all see you.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44138 on: July 23, 2020, 03:16:54 PM »

"Dude, you gotta give the whole Nazi thing a rest.  It's insulting to people who suffered under the real Nazis."

This would be compelling stuff if the author of the quote had not in the past frequently compared other posters, one in particular, to Nazis, usually using Joseph Goebbells as his comparison point.   
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44139 on: July 23, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »

This would be compelling stuff if the author of such quotes had not, in the past frequently compared other posters, one in particular, to Nazis, usually using Joseph Goebbells as his comparison point.

Or if the activities currently under debate were not so obviously comparable to Fascism.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44140 on: July 23, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »

You were not calling our racism, and that's the problem.

I was calling out racism (I'm not sure what else to call the defense of White Supremacy) and conversing with someone who has proven to be racist on numerous occasions.

And argue your own point, with me, without the feeble attempt to drag others into it, or to change the conversation from what it was to something you'd rather discuss, as you so often do

You entered a conversation that wasn't addressed to you, interjecting into a history you (pretend to) know nothing about and claim to want a discussion about civility on a message board, when really its all about you preening.

You want to "courageous?"  Maybe follow your own advice, and have the courage of your own convictions instead of hiding your true opinions behind a facade of impartiality.

Just a suggestion.

Poppycock. As was just proven.

You'd never say to his face what you say here.

That's pretty much clear.

I've seen the kind of "courage" you have shown before. It ain't much to see, either.

Maybe it's time to get fitted for a new dress, Princess Karen.

Look, Nordstrom's having a sale!

https://www.nordstromrack.com/c/women/clothing/juniors/dresses?sid=1759996&mid=sgLJU18tt|pcrid|428032660931|device|c|pgrid|69610141380|ptaid|dsa-879058144976|slid||&utm_channel=LOW_ND_PSU_GENERIC&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uT4BRD5ARIsADwJQ18qMeBH5accFigjw8sPLYFxQ-oWg-JRHLCIA0SGJ8fHDY44W7QEkAoaAttfEALw_wcB

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44142 on: July 23, 2020, 03:24:44 PM »

And here we see that you think kiidcarter8's disgusting post was worthy of a debate.

You really think you are hiding, UNO?  We all see you.

Free speech should be met with more speech, and freely.

You fail to do that.

And once again with the "we".

Fight your own battles, sweetie pie.

You don't have to drag the other girls into it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44144 on: July 23, 2020, 03:27:48 PM »

Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force

It's not all the protesters.

Just a couple bad apples.

But there's a few differences. The protesters are not being paid to uphold the law and to represent the people and the government.

The protesters are not protected by LAW from their crimes.

And they don't have an entire apparatus filled with "good" cops there to protect them from their crimes.
Pages: 1 ... 2941 2942 [2943] 2944 2945 ... 4288