Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2951 2952 [2953] 2954 2955 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009438 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44280 on: July 23, 2020, 06:36:10 PM »

I find it telling that nobody will take a stab at Ms Harf's (or even the made up) comment.

Paints the realistic and haunting picture of what is Escape From Elba on 7/23/20

What was the question/comment of Harf?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44281 on: July 23, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »

Giving districts in hotspots “a few weeks” to reopen is a joke.  And districts that are not currently hotspots should be able to make decisions that might anticipate a second wave, like the New York City school districts are.  This was the mistake Trump made in pushing States to reopen too soon, just because they didn’t happen to be a hot spot at the time (though we know now some of them were fudging those numbers.)  And saying “its up to the governors” is just as meaningless now as when he said it then when we know he has other levers of pressure to bring down if their decision doesn’t suit him politically.

heh

not exactly what was said

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44282 on: July 23, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »

Lets see how long these IGs stay on the job:

That was one thought.

The other was whether it was somebody who is a more recent appointment and in the bag already.

Barr was clearly unhappy with Horowitz's conclusions on the FBI probe, so he at least gets some points for that.

But the probe on the leaks from the NY FBI office regarding the Hilary Clinton Email investigation hasn't gone anywhere, with no word on whether or not it has concluded.  So there are questions.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44283 on: July 23, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

Is that a threat?

Was it addressed to you? No threat. He's explained what he meant. As did I.

It doesn't matter to whom it was addressed.

And no, the youtube did not make it less of a threat.

Don't worry, josh.

Little Larry of AngryTown, USA will adjust.

You keep forgetting. I’m not angry I no longer give a fuck.

Utley, any good will you had burned off like methane at an oil refinery.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #44284 on: July 23, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

Now it's the 'Wall of Moms';

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/22/portland-moms-protests/

“It’s been such a struggle to balance being afraid, but wanting to do the right thing for my kids,” she said, her voice cracking with emotion. “I want to be a role model for them, someone they can be proud of. But I also want to make it home safely.”

Before she left home, Noriega’s 7-year-old daughter begged her not to leave. She’s old enough to understand the risks of facing off with heavily armed police officers, Noriega said.
“But we talked about that and I said, ‘Sometimes we have to be brave and do the right thing even when it feels scary,’ ” Noriega said.

As Rachel Weishaar, 34, was preparing to leave her home on Tuesday, she said, her 3-year-old offered this wish for her mother’s safety: “Tell the police officers to be more gentle,” the girl said.

Weishaar carried her daughter’s words on a sign she held outside the federal courthouse.

#####

Talk about having no idea.
It's not WW2. Hitler's army is not coming over the hill.

Responsible moms would stay home...home with their children...but oh no, they're off to join the violent battles in the streets.
Some role models...not!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:43:56 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44285 on: July 23, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Cuccinelli's guys are not UNMARKED.

If they dont have their NAME on their gear, there is a good reason.

Were the others really just in camo?  No emblem?  This is what is being put out there (big story of the one guy loaded in the van) - and if it is true it may have been changed by now.

I welcome discourse on this, surely.

A stenciled patch saying "POLICE" on the front and a shoulder patch saying "SRT" do not qualify as marking that tells anybody who they work for. And if they do not have their names on their gear, that's a problem. And if they refuse to give their names when asked, that is a violation of law.

"Were the others really just in camo? No emblem?"

Again, Google would have fixed this for you, but here is a photo from Portland (rather than from Ukraine, like Trump's ad):

I would love to have discourse, Kid.

i know we like to compare Trump with Hitler etc, and the secret police trampling human rights in Portland as SS, but this reminds me of the Putin's army of unmarked military enforcers injected into Ukraine several years ago to disrupt the democratic growing process there.

SSD Dictator

Little Green Men

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44286 on: July 23, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »

Giving districts in hotspots “a few weeks” to reopen is a joke.  And districts that are not currently hotspots should be able to make decisions that might anticipate a second wave, like the New York City school districts are.  This was the mistake Trump made in pushing States to reopen too soon, just because they didn’t happen to be a hot spot at the time (though we know now some of them were fudging those numbers.)  And saying “its up to the governors” is just as meaningless now as when he said it then when we know he has other levers of pressure to bring down if their decision doesn’t suit him politically.

heh

In cities or states that are current hotspots, districts may need to delay reopening for a few weeks - and that's possible - that will be up to governors.

Trump is saying Governors can make the decision on opening in-person classes, and the time frame he is saying he expects them to work with is a few weeks.  If there is another way of interpreting that sentence, have at it.

And it remains a joke.  Not only because no one in a hotspot (or elsewhere) can make a judgment that the danger has cleared over the course of only a few weeks.  Its also true that no school district can or will put significant planning or resources into virtual learning programs if they are only a few weeks from opening classrooms.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44287 on: July 23, 2020, 06:44:18 PM »

i know we like to compare Trump with Hitler etc, and the secret police trampling human rights in Portland as SS, but this reminds me of the Putin's army of unmarked military enforcers injected into Ukraine several years ago to disrupt the democratic growing process there.

Yup.  Goes to bodiddley's point too.  Don't sleep on these forces being used to disrupt free and fair elections.

Couldn't happen here?  So much has already happened just this year that I never thought could happen here.

How long have I been yelling “Achtung!” in here?

Where we are today was set in stone the minute he said, “I alone...”

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #44288 on: July 23, 2020, 06:47:53 PM »

What those moms should've said to their children [why did the children even know anything about the rioting, destruction of property, and violence]….was "Don't worry, darling...I have these guns. I won't be allowing anyone into our home to hurt us, so all is well. What would you like for dinner?"
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44289 on: July 23, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »

The economy in Lebanon is collapsing, and there is no reason for them to experience this problem, we can fix it, the same way that we helped Turkey. The World Bank, and the IMF, they have been through this many times, and they have saved many economies.

New York City can help as well, New York can steer investment into Lebanon, etc.

Gold can be obtained from Nevada, USA, and also from the country of Colombia, and from others, if they need to back their currency with gold.

Also, maybe Lebanon can get a new trade deal with China.

I have many ideas on how to create jobs in Lebanon...

They can get together with French and Italian designers and they can make clothes out of Egyptian cotton, and they can export the clothes to the Chinese. They can also plant fruit trees, and they can sell fruit to China, etc. They need to find out what the Chinese want to buy, and they need to supply the Chinese with what they want. I read that the Chinese love avocados, so maybe the people of Lebanon can grow avocados and they can sell avocados to the Chinese. We need peace and prosperity and job creation in Lebanon. They can also make olive oil, etc.

We have been through this before, and we can handle this crisis, and we can handle any crisis that comes our way.

And Lebanon is special because they have Christians there, they are allowed to worship freely in Lebanon.

Salute,

Tony V.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44290 on: July 23, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »

heh

It is exactly what Trump said.

He also said lots of other things.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-press-briefing-072220

And we do have a national strategy, but, as you know, ultimately it’s up to the governors of the states.

https://6abc.com/education/in-shift-trump-says-some-schools-may-need-to-delay-opening/6331284/

speaking at a White House news conference, Trump said districts in some virus hot spots "may need to delay reopening for a few weeks."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:51:42 PM by Echo4 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44291 on: July 23, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »

Also won't dig up a link you posted to a Stormfront affiliated website.

You cant get out of your own way

Thanks for the apology, dickbreath.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44292 on: July 23, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »

I see there was an attempt - accept my apology

How can the conflict be deescalated to bring that shit to a stop? I don't believe deadly force should be used, but understand the urge to do so.

Officers need to be able to arrest someone without fear it might escalate into a brawl.  "Deadly force" is a misused term here.  Necessary force.

It just seems certain to do the opposite of deescalating things, which makes it more contra-indicated than not.

A complete sweep (it might be worrisome for the bystanders, I understand - which is why they say CLEAR out - see DC) of the uglies just needs to happen one time.  But the police are being handcuffed.  This is why there was such outrage at the Navy vet video - because police are now supposed to just stand there and get spit on, insulted and hit with stuff.

You don’t get it.

You show up ready for war and that is what you’ll get.

Ferguson showed us this six years ago and STILL you insist on dropping bodies like it alright and the resident are supposed to say., “Thank You oh occupying force!”

Cops kill a guy with no compunction on video and when people gather to complain they are immediately met with violence from those sworn to Protect and Serve.

That’s what sprung this latest uprisings.

I’ve been on all sides of these things since the Suffolk County Police rioted in North Amityville at a community gathering to discuss police brutality in 1968.

I’ve detailed dozens of police interactions in here over the years as arrestee, as government representative, as NYPD contractor as activist as journalist and a couple times in DC as working stiff caught up in the shit.

Utley used to make fun of how many gigs I’ve had over the years,

True dat.

I’ve never kept my head down even when it would have been the easy thing to do. That ain’t the gold watch path.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44293 on: July 23, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »

How long have I been yelling “Achtung!” in here?

Probably too long, if you look deep within yourself

But that is OK here in Elba.  You just cant say FATAL.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44294 on: July 23, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »

Trump practically verbatim of what I said previously on this forum:

"Given these considerations we believe many school districts can now reopen safely, provided they implement mitigation measures and health protocols to protect families, to protect teachers and to protect students.

"All families should be empowere to make the decision that is right for their own circumstance.  This is especially important if a child has underlying health conditions or lives with a parent or grandparent who is at higher risk

"In cities or states that are current hotspots, districts may need to delay reopening for a few weeks - and that's possible - that will be up to governors.  The decisions should be made by the data and the facts on the ground in each community BUT EVERY DISTRICT SHOULD BE ACTIVELY MAKING PREPARATIONS TO REOPEN"

A few notes on this:

Republicans in Congress have only recently (yesterday or earlier today) rejected Trump’s proposal to withhold aid to school districts that don’t open for in-person schooling.  So naturally, this statement doesn’t bring that up.
Duh!

Parent’s always have the option to withdraw their kids from school and homeschool them.  That isn’t the question.
Duh,Duh!
The question is what the government is doing on a Federal level because of the pandemic to allow kids in those circumstances to still get the education they have a right to.  This statement doesn’t address that.
Nor could it 
Giving districts in hotspots “a few weeks” to reopen is a joke. 
And districts that are not currently hotspots should be able to make decisions that might anticipate a second wave, like the New York City school districts are.
Oh.  So it wasn’t a joke, it is the way things are.  POTUS has no power over what school districts decide, a portion of Federalism that you ignore when it pleases you. 
This was the mistake Trump made in pushing States to reopen too soon, just because they didn’t happen to be a hot spot at the time (though we know now some of them were fudging those numbers.)  And saying “its up to the governors” is just as meaningless now as when he said it then when we know he has other levers of pressure to bring down if their decision doesn’t suit him politically.
More partisan gibberish from you.
The lockdowns were overkill and caused the most harm to the poorest of Americans.
Closing schools will only magnify that harm.
Pages: 1 ... 2951 2952 [2953] 2954 2955 ... 4288