Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2997 2998 [2999] 3000 3001 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008424 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44972 on: July 28, 2020, 01:23:24 AM »

I cannot speak for the truth behind the science presented here. However, if it is true, then an effective vaccine is likely to be much further off than Trump or even Fauci have suggested it might be. Ditto Moderna, among others.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44973 on: July 28, 2020, 01:26:03 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheNewRevolutionII/videos/274046943898918/

A contrarian view on treatment of COVID patients - hydroxychloropine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:28:00 AM by Echo4 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44974 on: July 28, 2020, 01:34:21 AM »

Spotted on Fox News  (within The Young Turks, of all places):

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/videos/295792544996514/

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #44975 on: July 28, 2020, 04:39:44 AM »

Spotted in Georgia:

Could be trickery.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44976 on: July 28, 2020, 04:45:56 AM »

Could be trickery.

It's not. It's a real photo of a real vehicle and the folks behind it mean what they say, though they insist the line about judges is a joke. 

Ha. Ha.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44977 on: July 28, 2020, 04:59:01 AM »

Vietnam on Tuesday locked down its third-largest city for two weeks after . . .
15 cases of COVID-19 were found in a hospital, the government said.

Public transport into and out of the central city of Da Nang was cancelled. Over the weekend, thousands of mostly Vietnamese tourists had to end their summer holidays in the popular beach destination. The lockdown has dealt a hard blow to the city’ tourism industry, which was just being revived after earlier coronavirus cases mostly subsided at the end of April.

Vietnam has been one of the major CV-19 success stories.  Close to China, a population of 100M, densely populated.  And the gov't took strong and effective measures. 

15 cases, all in a hospital no less, and they're putting in a full 2 week city lockdown.

All 15 cases in the new outbreak are patients and health workers at Da Nang hospital.  With the new infections, Vietnam has reported 431 cases of COVID-19 without a death.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44978 on: July 28, 2020, 05:46:20 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44980 on: July 28, 2020, 07:19:36 AM »

Two Aussie women
walk into a bar. First one says, why did they put the bar that low? Someone's going to get hurt.

One of my favorite jokes.   And for some reason the one that  gets the highest percent of blank looks.   I wonder if it's what my daughter calls a "dad joke"

My kids call it bad schtick... “Guy walks into the doctors office and he has a duck on his head...”
One of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies, My Favorite Year, Benjy Stone tries to teach that joke to KC, who claims she is not funny. She starts with "A man walks into a doctor's office wearing a duck" and it goes downhill from there. He gives her money for accordian lessons.

Yes!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44981 on: July 28, 2020, 07:26:51 AM »

The District is truly sending Brother John Lewis home in style.

Timing is everything and anytime is the right time to get in #GoodTrouble

His influence on the 2020 election will be immense.

Explain who is influenced and why.

To quote Louis Armstrong “If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.”

If you don’t know understand the impact of a John Lewis, well...

That's not an explanation. It's just a dodge.

An eloquent LOL, as Red would use.

I'll respond to you, anyway.

"Don't overestimate the decency of the human race."

H. L. Mencken

Explain who is influenced and why.

Nah.

Somehow you’ll make it about Botswana...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44982 on: July 28, 2020, 07:34:46 AM »

So...Trump announces that he is throwing out the first pitch at the Yankee game on August 15th.  He makes that announcement because he is jealous that Fauci got to do it when they played the Nationals for the first game of the season.

Only problem is, the Yankees didn't invite him, and had no idea he was making this plan.  So naturally, the Yankees are like, uh, no.  To save face, Trump gracelessly turns down the invitation that was never extended to him, saying he is booked because he is way too busy fighting the "China Virus."

The day before, Trump spent the day golfing with Brett Favre.

This is your "president" America.  Good job.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/us/politics/trump-yankees-fauci.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44983 on: July 28, 2020, 07:38:02 AM »

His focus is laser-like. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44984 on: July 28, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »

Then the President retweeted a video in which a group of doctors make false claims about the virus, including one who says "you don't need masks" because hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug pushed by the President, is a "cure" in combination with several other drugs. Multiple credible scientific studies say the treatment is ineffective against Covid-19. The video, which went viral on YouTube, was later removed by Facebook and Twitter because it spread misinformation.

It was just the latest occasion when Trump's scripted shows of responsibility about the virus, witnessed in his return to the White House briefing last week, were undermined by what appears to be his true, conspiratorial, politicized views. Only last week, the President grudgingly became one of the last public officials to endorse the use of masks to slow the spread of the virus. Now, yet again, he is undercutting government advice on the matter.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-congress-stimulus-democrats/index.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 2997 2998 [2999] 3000 3001 ... 4288