Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3092 3093 [3094] 3095 3096 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596075 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46395 on: August 07, 2020, 11:27:02 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46396 on: August 07, 2020, 11:37:19 AM »

Your Muslim friend.

The votes are in and the counting has been completed: US Rep. Ilhan Omar is 2019’s biggest antisemite, according to stopantisemitism.org.
The NGO announced that Omar would be awarded the title of biggest antisemite of the year on Monday, including a video listing her achievements in the field of Jew-hatred, accompanied sarcastically by congratulatory music and confetti.

This list included:
1. Accusing American Jewry of possessing dual loyalty.
2. Alleging that Jews buy their influence with money, infamously stating “It’s all about the Benjamins.”
3. Accusing Israel of having hypnotized the world.
4. Supporting the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
5. Submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives comparing boycotting Israel to boycotting the Nazis.
6. Having her antisemitic statements endorsed by infamous neo-Nazi David Duke.

The organization also mentioned her refusal to take back or regret many of her antisemitic comments, as well as the backing she receives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood.

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/ilhan-omar-voted-2019s-antisemite-of-the-year-613308

#6 is my favorite one.

What a thrill to have her on the ballot as a Democrat!

Yeah. It is. She represents.

She stepped in it, which believe it or not is pretty easy to do when it comes to Israel.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46397 on: August 07, 2020, 11:46:12 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-star-tribune-endorses-ilhan-omar-opponent

Omar 15 minutes may be up         

She scares the shit out of you... good.

Actually not a big fan of hers myself. Too much hate speech comes from her.
But then, your definition of hate speech is being assertive about the problems of minority communities.

Actually, no. Dumbfuck.

Her particular kind of hate speech is well documented.

Let's just it doesn't start with, "Yo, Semites!"
My apologies. You are scratching a different itch this morning.  I will amend:

But then your definition of hate speech is being critical of Israel while Muslim.

You should stick to defining speech for yourself, not me.

Because I tend to deal with what's reality, not your perception of it.

Being critical of Israel is one thing, but trafficking in the usual anti-Semitic tropes that too many Muslims and others use is another.

I think if you vote for a Democrat, you are very, very disloyal to Israel and to the Jewish people,” Trump said in an exchange with reporters outside the White House before departing for an event in Kentucky.
On Tuesday, Trump had criticized Democrats over the views of Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.). Both women have long been fierce critics of Israel and its treatment of Palestinians. They support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, a global protest of Israel.
He had accused Jewish people of “great disloyalty” if they vote for Democrats, although he did not say at the time disloyalty to whom.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-that-jewish-people-who-vote-for-democrats-are-very-disloyal-to-israel-denies-his-remarks-are-anti-semitic/2019/08/21/055e53bc-c42d-11e9-b5e4-54aa56d5b7ce_story.html

I support BDS as I did against South Africa.

Israel today is not the Israel of the early 90s when my partners and I were representing basketball players for Hopoel Hulon.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46398 on: August 07, 2020, 11:51:14 AM »

Look! We found a Jew who thinks like us!

Seth Rogen? Puhleeze... 

He's not the only one.   And "puhleez" is an ad hom.   Zero content.

I grant that "puhleez" has zero content (unlike so much else here), but I don't get why it's ad hominem.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46399 on: August 07, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »

Interesting survey out of Michigan.

Less interesting for its Biden/Trump numbers, which are fine, and more for its BLM and Trump anti-rioters action poll results, given the liberal-moderate-conservative spread and Dem-Ind_GOP spread.

https://www.woodtv.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/51/2020/08/JULY-2020_EPIC-MRA-SURVEY.pdf

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46400 on: August 07, 2020, 12:01:44 PM »

A mature response by the Georgia school system to the student's having posted the now famous pic from their hallway:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/us/georgia-teen-photo-crowded-school-hallway-trnd/index.html

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46401 on: August 07, 2020, 12:03:40 PM »

President Donald Trump said an interview with Geraldo Rivera that he has made no mistakes with the handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

So, Kid and Ward, what are your opinions about this claim by President Trump?

Do you agree with him? If not, what mistakes do you think he has made?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46402 on: August 07, 2020, 12:14:28 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/politics/don-mcgahn-subpoena/index.html

I'm not sure they waited long enough to rule. Neither were they, so they left McGahn an out to further delay any risk of testimony.

he House of Representatives can sue to force former White House counsel Don McGahn to testify, a federal appeals court ruled Friday, but McGahn can continue to challenge the House's subpoena and likely will not have to appear anytime soon.

A divided US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit said McGahn's refusal to testify is grounds for the House to sue.

The ruling is a win for Congress as a whole, emphasizing that it can sue to take an administration to court when there's a standoff between the branches, and a loss for President Donald Trump and the administration's attempt to expand executive powers.

But in letting McGahn continue to challenge the subpoena on other grounds, the practical impact is that the court case is ongoing and he may not have to testify before the election.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46404 on: August 07, 2020, 12:32:59 PM »

Cuomo has been Mr. Empathy, but also made a number of shaky decisions.
The worst sending CV+ patients back to nursing homes.  Misuse of the naval hospital ship.  A bit alarmist on ventilator demand (but at least that was being overly cautious).  Probably more, I didn't follow the NY outbreak that closely.

Everyone wants to reopen schools.
At least they have a plan when it's okay to do so, and when an increase would cause them to reconsider.  I don't know if those are the best or reliable metrics to use.
But it's a good sign they believe transmission is low enough that they can reopen schools.  This also gives hope to states hard hit right now.

I like the NYC plan of 3 days in school, 2 days at home, keeping classroom size under 15.  I hope all these plans include mask wearing.  I'm sure they include distancing as that is what America has gotten caught up on.  (I think its' useful but oversold).  I wouldn't dismiss a class until I saw every student was wearing their face mask (hell, I'd have them doing that all class actually).  And I'd stagger start/finish times, to reduce hallway congestion.
I'd also have digital thermometer temp checks before anyone could enter the school building (takes a few seconds to perform).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46405 on: August 07, 2020, 12:33:42 PM »

The new survey finds the president with 77% of the Republican vote. Biden has the support of just as many Democrats (77%). The candidates are virtually tied among voters not affiliated with either major political party.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/white_house_watch_aug05

Wow - Trump getting 45% overall while carrying just 77% of his party?

Quite telling.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46406 on: August 07, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »

Your Muslim friend.

The votes are in and the counting has been completed: US Rep. Ilhan Omar is 2019’s biggest antisemite, according to stopantisemitism.org.
The NGO announced that Omar would be awarded the title of biggest antisemite of the year on Monday, including a video listing her achievements in the field of Jew-hatred, accompanied sarcastically by congratulatory music and confetti.

This list included:
1. Accusing American Jewry of possessing dual loyalty.
2. Alleging that Jews buy their influence with money, infamously stating “It’s all about the Benjamins.”
3. Accusing Israel of having hypnotized the world.
4. Supporting the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
5. Submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives comparing boycotting Israel to boycotting the Nazis.
6. Having her antisemitic statements endorsed by infamous neo-Nazi David Duke.

The organization also mentioned her refusal to take back or regret many of her antisemitic comments, as well as the backing she receives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood.

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/ilhan-omar-voted-2019s-antisemite-of-the-year-613308

#6 is my favorite one.

What a thrill to have her on the ballot as a Democrat!

Yeah. It is. She represents.

She stepped in it, which believe it or not is pretty easy to do when it comes to Israel.

"She represents" a comfort to folks like David Duke.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46407 on: August 07, 2020, 12:37:23 PM »

rasmussenreports.

Wow - Trump getting 45% overall while carrying just 77% of his party?

Not really telling at all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46409 on: August 07, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »

Unfortunately, Israel has increasingly become a rightwing, militaristic, settler-supporting country. 

The main opposition to Netanyahu in the recent trilogy of elections? 
A coalition of generals who believed Bibi was too soft on Gaza/Hamas.
Third place was a coalition of Arab-Israelis.
Liberal or even centrist Jewish parties were minimally represented.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3092 3093 [3094] 3095 3096 ... 4288