Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605623 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46920 on: August 11, 2020, 11:14:21 PM »

Why is it then that overwhelming numbers of blacks are in favor of MORE police, not fewer?

Busted.   You now have officially zero credibility.   

So which is it,  20% or "overwhelming numbers"?   

If 80% favor the same or less police presence, that is not leaving a majority that favors more,  and certainly not an overwhelming one.    It is,  to do 2nd grade math,  an underwhelming 20% aka one fifth.   

You lied.   You are a liar.  At least have the decency to slink off and hide under your rock.
LOL!

"You can't make me admit the truth no matter how hard you try!"

There, I fixed it for you, liar.
Your “ fix” is mathematically impossible. Which is why I won’t re-change it.
Any other poster who agreed with you would admit to being as stupid as you

My fix had nothing to do with math, dolt.

You offered a quote. It was wrong. You won't admit it.

No math, unless you mean you are an absolute zero.
Zero is your grade on the math.

Why do you lie to your grandson?

And why do you pretend not to have said this:
Why is it then that overwhelming numbers of blacks are in favor of MORE police, not fewer?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46921 on: August 11, 2020, 11:29:50 PM »

Kind of... anti climactic.

Not to the base of the Democratic Party.

This ticket looks like America.

The drawn out drama hyped the choice. Showmanship.
Well yeah. It made so much sense that it is surprising they were considering anyone else.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #46922 on: August 11, 2020, 11:31:38 PM »

I've said before that a huge responsibility of the VP will be rooting out the left-over corruption and malign forces that seeped into government during the Trump era and ripping it out.  Harris brings energy and know-how to that task.  A good pick focuses on Governance. 

Would like to see Warren as part of that effort.  Maybe as AG.

We know how Republicans like to project.  When they talk about the Deep State, what they are really talking about are their intentions.  Trump is going to be like a defeated general bombing the bridges on his retreat, leaving government even more broken than it is right now.  And that is saying something.
I want Warren to be chair of the Senate Banking Committee.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46923 on: August 11, 2020, 11:33:33 PM »

If 80% favor the same or less police presence, that is not leaving a majority that favors more,  and certainly not an overwhelming one.    It is,  to do 2nd grade math,  an underwhelming 20% aka one fifth.   

You lied.   You are a liar.  At least have the decency to slink off and hide under your rock.

LOL!

Better question. Why do 60 per cent of blacks resist cutting  back on police presence While 20 per cent want to increase that presence, which is overwhelming support of the police?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:36:06 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #46924 on: August 11, 2020, 11:34:42 PM »

Has Red ever had an original thought in his life?
No, but he does key us into right wing talking points.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46925 on: August 11, 2020, 11:40:06 PM »

This was your original statement:
“The Police lie ALL the time”!

It's barely a paraphrase.

That you later modified it to fit reality doesn't change your initial position, Ward.

Not even a good try.
The try is yours 
Not mine 
Nor anyone else who can’t count to one hundred

You continue to be a lying buffoon.

You made the quote, not me.

That you claim not to have is hilarious.
You are the one whose math is fucked up.
Not me.
I can sense your utter embarrassment.
Being a school teacher and all.

You're still full of shit. Tell me again how 20% means "overwhelming numbers of blacks are in favor of MORE police."
LOL
The words are “ are in favor of the same amount and more”. (80 %) versus 20% favoring fewer
Nice. Except those weren't YOUR WORDS.
of course they were 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46926 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42:47 PM »

I've said before that a huge responsibility of the VP will be rooting out the left-over corruption and malign forces that seeped into government during the Trump era and ripping it out.  Harris brings energy and know-how to that task.  A good pick focuses on Governance. 

We know how Republicans like to project.  When they talk about the Deep State, what they are really talking about are their intentions.  Trump is going to be like a defeated general bombing the bridges on his retreat, leaving government even more broken than it is right now.  And that is saying something.
To protect the “ carried interest” for the liberal Wall Street fat cats that bankroll the party?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46927 on: August 11, 2020, 11:47:44 PM »

I think Warren might be the killer Senate Majority Leader that’s gonna be called for in the next Congress.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46928 on: August 11, 2020, 11:47:52 PM »

Better question. Why do 60 per cent of blacks resist cutting  back on police presence While 20 per cent want to increase that presence, which is overwhelming support of the police?

No, the better question remains "why can you not admit when you are wrong?"

And no, it isn't overwhelming support. If they overwhelmingly felt fairly treated by the police, it would be support for them.

But "We would rather have them than not, even though we are mistreated by them is not support for them. It is fear of what others would do to them without that.

You still cannot come to grips with the systemic racism and individual racism that is arrayed against them.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46929 on: August 11, 2020, 11:51:14 PM »

I can hear Red's voice on the right side of these panels.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46930 on: August 11, 2020, 11:58:21 PM »

LOL!

Sigh...

Guns. We’re afraid of all,the guns in the hood.

We can’t rid of the guns in our streets because assholes like you keep the pipelines open.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #46931 on: August 12, 2020, 12:25:22 AM »

Then there are women who lie ..to the police and in court to gain wrongful convictions and then sue for financial compensation, as men are carted away to prison for the best part of their lives.
Google "False rape allegations"...it's all there in black and white.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46932 on: August 12, 2020, 12:36:46 AM »

Red might be fixating on promulgating fake math because real math isn’t working so well for the shrinking minority of utter assholes.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/11/1968551/-Ilhan-Omar-wins-primary-The-Squad-is-Strong
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #46933 on: August 12, 2020, 12:43:21 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/nyregion/innocence-project-manhattan-rape.html

26 Years Later, Justice for Men Imprisoned for a Bogus Rape

May 7, 2018

The woman, dirty, disheveled and in tears, ran over to a patrol car parked along a Harlem street in the early morning of Jan. 18, 1991. She told police officers she had been kidnapped at knife point near her home in Queens and raped by three black men, whom she identified.

Before the end of the month, the police arrested two of the men she had named — Gregory Counts, then 19, and VanDyke Perry, then 21. They were charged with rape, sodomy, kidnapping and criminal possession of a weapon, according to court records. The third man was never caught.

Investigators had no physical evidence. Semen recovered from the woman did not match the two accused men. The prosecution’s case relied heavily on her testimony, which was inconsistent. The defense argued the woman, a recovering crack addict, fabricated the story to protect her boyfriend, who had shot Mr. Perry two months earlier and was wanted by the police, court records show.

Yet, in 1992, a jury convicted Mr. Counts and Mr. Perry on all counts except for the weapons charges. Mr. Perry ended up serving 11 years in prison, Mr. Counts 26.

On Monday, both men walked into a packed courtroom to hear the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., ask a judge in State Supreme Court to vacate their convictions based on newly discovered DNA evidence and the woman’s decision to recant her testimony.

“This wrongful conviction destroyed my life,” Mr. Perry said, wiping away tears. “But I never gave up my fight.”

#####

Lying women...baaah!  should be tossed in prison instead of the men.
Investigators...baaah!  [some are probably ok]
Juries...good luck!

Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46934 on: August 12, 2020, 12:44:35 AM »

Then there are women who lie ..to the police and in court to gain wrongful convictions and then sue for financial compensation, as men are carted away to prison for the best part of their lives.
Google "False rape allegations"...it's all there in black and white.

And the ratio of false allegations of rape, of sexual harassment, to rapes is tiny. And every time you talk about women, you sound like a creep.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 ... 4288