Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3455 3456 [3457] 3458 3459 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997140 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51840 on: October 01, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »

Not that he's the only one involved in the blame game! Chris Wallace (of Fox News, as we all know) blames Trump - "the primary responsibility for what happened."

Wallace told his Fox News colleague Bill Hemmer that Trump "bears the primary responsibility for what happened."

"I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and then frankly the President put his foot in it," Wallace said. "That was frustrating," he added.

"It was frustrating for me because I tried hard to prepare for a serious debate, much more frustrating and more importantly for the American people because they didn't get the debate they wanted that they deserved."

Wallace, who said that he wished he had stepped in more seriously sooner, went on to describe the missed opportunity as "a loss for the country."

"Someone left the cake out in the rain.
I don't think that I can take it,
cuz it took so long to make it,
and I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaaaaaain!
Oh no!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51841 on: October 01, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »

You (Kid Carter) keep ducking questions.  Yes or no, was Trump wrong not to condemn Proud Boys and similar extremist white supremacist groups in America?

You know Proud Boys aren't just white, right?

Wow,  you are confused.   Are you thinking of Oath Keepers,  perhaps (which does have some black and Hispanic members)??

PB is listed as an extremist white nationalist organization by the FBI,  other law enforcement organizations, the SPLC,  and other organizations that track extremist groups.

One of their current leaders says he is "Afro-Cuban."

Yes

Some Asians as well

Doesn't stop them from being white supremacists, of course.

And the president still hasn't spoken against white supremacists or the movement, in general, even if you want to use his very brief comments from yesterday as telling the Proud Boys to back off in more than a cursory way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51842 on: October 01, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »

:'(
I like Needs posting transcript excerpts

Dems want you to feel that Trump was INTERRUPTING, that he was BLUSTERY, a LOUDMOUTH, IMPOLITE

You dont get that from transcript

When looking at just the words, the issues are there - mostly in Trump's favor.

Knowing how you like numbers....

Between Trump and Biden there were a total of 90 interruptions of each other or the moderator.

Trump had 73 of the interruptions, for an interruption rate of  81%.

That's an 8 to 2 ratio, kid.

Trump's Rate of Rudeness is the greatest of all time!!!

hmm

I had heard the opposite

In what bar?

No bars since COVID

Hopefully all of you have followed this.

Then what is your excuse for "the opposite"? Facts are facts. Who's lying to you, kid? Greg Gutfield?

Nah.  Was a woman.  I think from the campaign.

Oh...reliable source..."from the campaign".
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51843 on: October 01, 2020, 06:49:58 PM »

I have this button-down black-and-blue vertically striped shirt which I think looks snazzy and European.  I'd taken to calling it my Italian shirt, and then after a few years I looked and noticed that it's a Fred Perry. 

So thanks for the backstory.  I knew Perry was an old wooden-racket-era player.
I also have Bjorn Borg boxer-briefs.  I think it's rather strange to have a man's name written many times on the waistband of my underwear.  But in China, all of the brand name stuff made here can be found cheap, so I have lots of brand name crap, which is amusing since in the US I would almost never buy such.  Amusingly, i take size XXX-large in the Bjorn Borgs even though I have just a 34" waist.  They do stretch, so maybe a 36" guy could wear them.  Maybe.

I never was that great at tennis, but could largely hold my own by an ability to run my ass off all over the court and return most shots, in hopes my opponent would make an error before I did.  Maybe if I had Bjorn Borgs hugging my crotch back then ...

You should play Pickleball. Lots of racket action, but not a lot of running one's ass off.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51844 on: October 01, 2020, 06:57:16 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/01/william-barr-accused-1-600-lawyers-using-doj-help-trump-win/5881731002/

1,600 former DOJ lawyers accuse William Barr of using the DOJ to help Trump win reelection.

That's a lot of former DOJ lawyers!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51845 on: October 01, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »

Not that he's the only one involved in the blame game! Chris Wallace (of Fox News, as we all know) blames Trump - "the primary responsibility for what happened."

Wallace told his Fox News colleague Bill Hemmer that Trump "bears the primary responsibility for what happened."

"I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and then frankly the President put his foot in it," Wallace said. "That was frustrating," he added.

"It was frustrating for me because I tried hard to prepare for a serious debate, much more frustrating and more importantly for the American people because they didn't get the debate they wanted that they deserved."

Wallace, who said that he wished he had stepped in more seriously sooner, went on to describe the missed opportunity as "a loss for the country."

"Someone left the cake out in the rain.
I don't think that I can take it,
cuz it took so long to make it,
and I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaaaaaain!
Oh no!"

The right blames Wallace.

Who is to blame for Donald Trump’s disastrous performance in Tuesday’s presidential debate? The easy answer is the person who is to blame for most things: Trump himself. Both Trump’s supporters (including Chris Christie, who helped him prepare) and detractors settled on “too hot” as a preferred euphemism, which undersells the insanity. The president was downright rabid, shouting insults and grievances and conspiracy theories over both Joe Biden and moderator Chris Wallace. He was deranged, dismissing 200,000 Covid-19 deaths, mocking Joe Biden’s son’s drug addiction, and generally behaving like a terrible person. Every available poll confirmed what was obvious: Trump not only “lost,” he lost in catastrophic fashion.

But to Trump’s supporters, he cannot fail—he can only be failed. While some alleged that Biden was receiving biting one-liners like “Will you shut up, man” via an earpiece, the president and his allies have largely laid the blame for Trump’s performance on the third old dude on the stage: Wallace. That even “respectable” conservative pundits, like Washington Post opinion writer Hugh Hewitt, had to scapegoat the Fox News anchor for Trump’s failures, particularly his refusal to condemn the far-right gang the Proud Boys, is proof of the ridiculous lengths they will go to placate the president.

https://newrepublic.com/article/159554/right-blaming-chris-wallace-trumps-terrible-debate-performance

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51846 on: October 01, 2020, 07:03:53 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51847 on: October 01, 2020, 07:05:13 PM »

Biden was the first one to interject in the debate.
Trump was only returning serve after Biden was allowed.
I would've done the same thing.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51849 on: October 01, 2020, 08:17:07 PM »

The trump tremors really show that his team has to adjust his chemical dosages if he really wants to try and make it through another one of those.

It looked like more than his diaper was about to rupture when he was onstage with Biden.

Mortal fear of prison must be a powerful drug in trump’s system even if it doesn’t have the effects that he’d like.

It’s a shame he is the worst person to hold high office ever in this country and his administration has been a uniform disaster and joke since day one. If that were not the case, he could try to get re-elected by winning more votes.

As things stand he’s doing something else much worse. It is what it is, until the votes are counted and we show trump the door.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #51850 on: October 01, 2020, 08:32:02 PM »

You (Kid Carter) keep ducking questions.  Yes or no, was Trump wrong not to condemn Proud Boys and similar extremist white supremacist groups in America?

You know Proud Boys aren't just white, right?

Wow,  you are confused.   Are you thinking of Oath Keepers,  perhaps (which does have some black and Hispanic members)??

PB is listed as an extremist white nationalist organization by the FBI,  other law enforcement organizations, the SPLC,  and other organizations that track extremist groups.

One of their current leaders says he is "Afro-Cuban."

Yes

Some Asians as well

Doesn't stop them from being white supremacists, of course.

Kid's still confused.   My point is that PB is white nationalist.  If some bananas and oreos are brought to the picnic, that's to be expected.   And the "Afro Cuban" members seem to stress the Cuban over the Afro, to no one's surprise.   The point is that everyone in the club has to sign on to "anti white guilt. " 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51851 on: October 01, 2020, 09:19:00 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-conservative-political-operatives-charged-misleading-voter-robocalls-n1241745

The GOP criminal voter suppression effort continues.

This time, they got caught.

But Trump may be right that there is a massive, criminal conspiracy to commit election fraud. If so, his campaign is heading it.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #51852 on: October 01, 2020, 09:21:48 PM »

Hope Hicks, White House adviser, has tested positive after travelling with President Trump to a rally in Duluth, Minn.
She travelled with him on Air Force One to Tuesday night's debate and to his rally in Minnesota the following day.

You'd hope everyone on the plane and at the rally were at least 6ft apart and all wearing masks all the time.

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump now tests positive.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51853 on: October 01, 2020, 09:22:16 PM »

Biden was the first one to interject in the debate.
Trump was only returning serve after Biden was allowed.
I would've done the same thing.

Well - as I asked my school-aged daughter today - what should Trump do - if his opponent - given a full 2 minutes - comes out in the first 20 seconds with a blatant untruth?

He could just sit there for the other 1:40 and take the slandering - or he could speak up.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51854 on: October 01, 2020, 09:23:39 PM »

Hope Hicks, White House adviser, has tested positive after travelling with President Trump to a rally in Duluth, Minn.

I assume she was a lot of places

Not really even a big deal these days.
Pages: 1 ... 3455 3456 [3457] 3458 3459 ... 4288