Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609649 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53580 on: October 16, 2020, 01:54:50 PM »

So he'll probably spend the next 2 years fighting Biden and Dems and then run for president in 2024.

Maybe

He'll need Jared's blessing.

After pissing on Trump, I'm not sure Jared will bless Sen Sasse.

Besides if Jared is as smart as claimed he'd get the fuck out of Dodge pronto and set-up shop in Tel Aviv or Abu Dhabi.
More likely some place without an extradition treaty.

I estimate a 33.3% chance the result of the 2020 election makes all things Trump toxic for Repos for years.

I think Jared is safe in Israel.

Alabama, Mississippi or Kentucky might be safe too as they seem to be outside the reach of US law.

Although he might want to down play the Jewish bit, just to be safe.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53581 on: October 16, 2020, 01:58:50 PM »

Folks at work behind the lines to sully PR on these important treatments?  Sad.

Fool denying science, while pretending it's about politics:

Normal.

Joe still hasn't explained what he means by "follow the science" - while Trump's talk of vaccine approval actually DOES follow science and thus should not be critiqued.

Were Trump to say, "this is bullshit - approve the damn thing already!" - there would be a case to be made against him.

Yeah, let's forget Trump's promotion of cures that are not cure, his ongoing denial of masks' working, his insistence that the FDA rules are wrong on the vaccine, and everything else.

And let's reduce what Joe has said to a sentence and then deny he said anything else.

I guess it's time to just put you in the same bin as Bambi, where you should have been long since.

Give you a hint...

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53582 on: October 16, 2020, 02:05:16 PM »

Tough questioning is so unfair, eh kiid?

Perfectly fair if Joe got the same treatment.

Trump chose his, Kid. Same as he chose to talk to the Axios reporter. Same as he chose to talk to Bob Woodward.

You want to blame the media, but the man responsible is the same man who cannot and will not give a straight answer to when his last negative test was before the debate.

Blame Trump.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53583 on: October 16, 2020, 02:11:02 PM »

So he'll probably spend the next 2 years fighting Biden and Dems and then run for president in 2024.

Maybe

He'll need Jared's blessing.

After pissing on Trump, I'm not sure Jared will bless Sen Sasse.

Besides if Jared is as smart as claimed he'd get the fuck out of Dodge pronto and set-up shop in Tel Aviv or Abu Dhabi.
More likely some place without an extradition treaty.

I estimate a 33.3% chance the result of the 2020 election makes all things Trump toxic for Repos for years.

I think Jared is safe in Israel.

Only so long as Bibi is free, I think.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53584 on: October 16, 2020, 02:14:42 PM »

The Daily Wire wishes to blame the liberal Ms. Guthrie for her antagonistic approach to the poor, beleaguered president of the United States, too.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/savannah-guthrie-blasted-for-hostile-behavior-toward-trump

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53585 on: October 16, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »

Trump chose his, Kid. Same as he chose to talk to the Axios reporter. Same as he chose to talk to Bob Woodward.

You want to blame the media, but the man responsible is the same man who cannot and will not give a straight answer to when his last negative test was before the debate.

Blame Trump.

There was the Lester Holt interview early on.

Trump is pure transactional crook with no policy compass at all.

Every “conservative” position he took or appointment he made or law he signed was his end in payment for a license to steal and to stay in power. His first debt to foreign powers and his deep seated malice toward the country warped those choices into their most debased possible execution, leading everyone to America’s current state, weakened, angered, bleeding, ready to dump trump and punish all his enablers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #53586 on: October 16, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »

As has been pointed out,  the Constitution of 1790 also has nothing to say about women having a right to vote.   Or be judges.   
Women have been voting for 100 years.  It’s an amendment to the original US Constitution.

So it's not in the original Constitution?  So you're saying the Constitution is modified?   Gosh,  how did that happen?   I was just getting ready to soak in a nice warm bath of Originalism.   This is very disturbing. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53587 on: October 16, 2020, 03:23:31 PM »

http://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/mr-rogers-vs-your-crazy-uncle

Something to read while Red ponders how to respond to that. I’m sure he’ll come up with something good. He always does.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53588 on: October 16, 2020, 03:27:19 PM »

As has been pointed out,  the Constitution of 1790 also has nothing to say about women having a right to vote.   Or be judges.   
Women have been voting for 100 years.  It’s an amendment to the original US Constitution.

So it's not in the original Constitution?  So you're saying the Constitution is modified?   
<Gosh,  how did that happen? 
Amended is the most widely used term.  27 times. It is the brilliance of the founders that to change or add to the Constitution it must be done with the consent of the people through their representatives. That is the working definition of a living Constitution.
I was just getting ready to soak in a nice warm bath of Originalism.   This is very disturbing.
Sorry for that.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53589 on: October 16, 2020, 03:30:41 PM »

Trump chose his, Kid.

Que'?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #53591 on: October 16, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »

Amended is the most widely used term.  27 times. It is the brilliance of the founders that to change or add to the Constitution it must be done with the consent of the people through their representatives. That is the working definition of a living Constitution...

Now I'm even more dazed.   And confused!   I thought the people elected Senators to vet SCt appointments so the appointed ones would make decisions and interpretations and set precedents that furthered a Living Constitution.   Which Living Constitution  you just said you're in favor of.   But then you said only amendments can modify a Living Constitution.  So,  if over 60% of Americans want a Constitution with a Roe v Wade interpretation,  the will of the people doesn't matter?   It's not an amendment so we can ignore it and appoint an Originalist who would gladly dump it?     

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53592 on: October 16, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

Amended is the most widely used term.  27 times. It is the brilliance of the founders that to change or add to the Constitution it must be done with the consent of the people through their representatives. That is the working definition of a living Constitution...

Now I'm even more dazed.   And confused!   I thought the people elected Senators to vet SCt appointments so the appointed ones would make decisions and interpretations and set precedents that furthered a Living Constitution.   Which Living Constitution  you just said you're in favor of.   But then you said only amendments can modify a Living Constitution.  So,  if over 60% of Americans want a Constitution with a Roe v Wade interpretation,  the will of the people doesn't matter?   It's not an amendment so we can ignore it and appoint an Originalist who would gladly dump it?     
An Amendment to the Constitution is not needed to settle disputes to Abortion.  A simple act of Congress signed by the President would suffice.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53593 on: October 16, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53594 on: October 16, 2020, 04:38:21 PM »

http://youtu.be/JuSNYVj6Ts8

A good review from Vice if you want to decide just how antifa to be this autumn.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 ... 4288