Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3774 3775 [3776] 3777 3778 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874949 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56625 on: November 10, 2020, 08:50:59 PM »

Pretty funny, as 4 years later in '16 Trump would become president with 3M fewer votes, due to that same horrid electoral college.  And this year Trump is trying to finagle his way to an electoral win despite nearly 5M fewer votes.

Records ARE made to be broken
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56626 on: November 10, 2020, 08:53:46 PM »

You don't read or listen very well. Has anybody mentioned that to you or are they too kind?

Listen to who?

Cause that shit aint happenin
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 09:09:29 PM by kidcarter8 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #56627 on: November 10, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

Ah yes, the "worst educated/no college degree" folk.
Hope nobody here is going to be trying to tell me that such folk are 'dumb, 'stoopid', 'ignorant, or any like thing.

The post seems very elitist.

It is what is is.   You are the one choosing to describe it with your terms.

"Best educated" is subjective.
Bachelor of Arts degree is not much good for growing, corn, soy beans, horses, goats in Kentucky.

I don't know about Australia but in the US when you apply for a job they ask you what your highest level of education is.

So "Best Educated" really means "how many years did you devote to formal education in high school, college, and post-graduate study".

The better educated term just refers to more years in formal study.

I hope that helps.

---

And there are agricultural schools in the US as well.  You can get a Bachelors in agricultural science.

Degrees cost money, lots of money.

Biden began promoting a free college plan earlier this year that would allow a majority of students to attend public institutions tuition-free.

It would be community colleges.

You don't read or listen very well. Has anybody mentioned that to you or are they too kind?

"In addition, President Biden will:

"Make public colleges and universities tuition-free for all families with incomes below $125,000."
Wow!
Bet you have a lot more people with incomes under $125000

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #56628 on: November 10, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-fabricated-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/10/99269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html

This lying whistle blower has a gofundme!    His recanting his story isn't hurting the online donations either.  FOUL!!!!

What concerns me,  when I see this kind of stuff,  is the nasty aspect of bias which is found in lack of follow-up.  A story is printed that highlights charges of an outrageous nature, leaving the reader with the impression that something truly sordid and/or perfidious will eventually be found... then, when the charges prove false, perhaps never were credible, a biased media outlet will fail to cover that. Imagine if the Washington Post hadn't followed up on the story of the postal worker in Pennsylvania.  Imagine if you gets news from a source that just ran the clickbait,  but didn't bother with tonight's news which pours cold water on the clickbait.   Earlier facts are contested by later facts.  You cannot responsibly ignore later facts.  That, my friends,  is the most horrific threat to democracy and rule of law right there.   Selection bias.
I see you are referring to the Trump Impeachment   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56629 on: November 10, 2020, 09:04:36 PM »

But the R-senators (excl the 4 above) in the absence of any proof of election fraud, are far more than cowards, they are accomplices in undermining our election and our democracy. They are doing lasting harm and they know it.

Naaaaahhhh

Cmon, mate

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56630 on: November 10, 2020, 09:07:41 PM »

"They are doing lasting harm and they know it."

They are doing lasting harm to the Republican Party. They haven't figured that out, just yet.

No surprise there, though.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56631 on: November 10, 2020, 09:10:04 PM »

International election experts invited by the Trump administration to observe the U.S. election last week issued a preliminary report that found no evidence of the widespread fraud alleged by President Trump.

The State Department invited a 28-member delegation from the Organization of American States, which has reported on elections around the world, to observe the voting in the U.S. on Nov. 3.

Members of the OAS team were sent to battleground states such as Michigan and Georgia, where the Trump campaign has filed lawsuits alleging voter fraud, and noted in the report that it had “not directly observed any serious irregularities that call into question the results so far.”

“On Election Day, the members of the Mission were present at polling places in Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan and the District of Columbia, and observed the process from the opening of the polling centers through to the close of polls and the deposit of voting materials with the appropriate local authorities,” the report states. “Members of the Mission also visited tabulations centers to observe the tallying of result. In the jurisdictions that it observed, the Mission found that the day progressed in a peaceful manner.”

The report did find “clear examples of intimidation of electoral officials” — by Trump supporters in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona who unsuccessfully sought to halt the counting of votes.

The report also took aim at Trump himself for statements questioning the legitimacy of the vote, claiming that Democrats were trying to “steal” the election.

“In his statement the Republican candidate cast further aspersions on the US electoral process, stating that ‘This is a case where they’re trying to steal an election. They’re trying to rig an election and we can’t let that happen.’ The OAS observers deployed in the battleground states of Michigan and Georgia did not witness any of the aforementioned irregularities,” the report states.

https://news.yahoo.com/presidential-election-was-honest-report-international-observers-invited-by-the-trump-administration-193613745.html

Handle it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56632 on: November 10, 2020, 09:22:31 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56633 on: November 10, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »

Listen to who?

Cause that shit aint happenin

To anybody, apparently, including yourself.

You made a statement about Biden's college plan.

It was wrong.

But being the asshole that you are, you can't just say "Oh, I was wrong."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56634 on: November 10, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »

Ah yes, the "worst educated/no college degree" folk.
Hope nobody here is going to be trying to tell me that such folk are 'dumb, 'stoopid', 'ignorant, or any like thing.

The post seems very elitist.

It is what is is.   You are the one choosing to describe it with your terms.

"Best educated" is subjective.
Bachelor of Arts degree is not much good for growing, corn, soy beans, horses, goats in Kentucky.

I don't know about Australia but in the US when you apply for a job they ask you what your highest level of education is.

So "Best Educated" really means "how many years did you devote to formal education in high school, college, and post-graduate study".

The better educated term just refers to more years in formal study.

I hope that helps.

---

And there are agricultural schools in the US as well.  You can get a Bachelors in agricultural science.

Degrees cost money, lots of money.

Biden began promoting a free college plan earlier this year that would allow a majority of students to attend public institutions tuition-free.

It would be community colleges.

"In addition, President Biden will:

"Make public colleges and universities tuition-free for all families with incomes below $125,000."
Wow!
Bet you have a lot more people with incomes under $125000

Wow!

Such a brilliant observation.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56635 on: November 10, 2020, 09:49:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/tech/biden-lost-pennsylvania-fact-check/index.html

heh     lol

People are lying to the citizens of this country and spreading confusion?!

"lol" says Kid. Such a laugh riot.

So funny.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56636 on: November 10, 2020, 10:01:37 PM »

Courtesy of Jim Wright:

Remember that Pennsylvania USPS worker who had explosive proof of election fraud?

Republicans made him their star witness. He was going to appear before Congress and everything.

Yeah.

Well, today, he admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations. Made up the whole thing. He's a fraud. There's no evidence of any widespread voting irregularities.

Seems the only crime, might be the one committed by the Postmaster General himself.

STILL no evidence of widespread voting irregularities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-fabricated-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/10/99269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html

This lying whistle blower has a gofundme!    His recanting his story isn't hurting the online donations either.  FOUL!!!!

Richard Hopkins is organizing this fundraiser.
Created 3 days ago
Other
My name is Richard Hopkins and I currently work for the United States Postal Service in Erie, Pennsylvania and I am willing to testify under oath that 2020 Presidential Election ballots are being backdated to November 3rd by my supervisors. I made the difficult decision to risk everything in my life to come forward with this information of extreme wrongdoing by the Post Office. I am uncertain of what the future holds for me but I felt the public had a right to know what is really going on. Your donations are going to help me in the case I am wrongfully terminated from my job or I am forced into resigning due to ostrizization by my coworkers. It will help me get a new start in a place I feel safe and help me with child support until I am able to get settled and get a job.The Post Office has already been threatening my employment. I am scared for myself, my family, and those closest to me. Thank you James O'Keefe and Project Veritas for letting me tell my story when others wouldn't. Please support me as I go forward with this battle.

How come anyone pays ANY attention to this lying sack of shit?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56637 on: November 10, 2020, 10:14:43 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56638 on: November 10, 2020, 10:17:19 PM »

British Columbia, which had successfully clamped down on one of North America’s earliest outbreaks at the beginning of the year, is struggling as well. Infections hit a fresh record last Friday with 589 new cases, prompting provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry to announce new restrictions over the weekend.

“We need to keep essential services and essential activities open and operating safely -- this is now in jeopardy,” Henry said Saturday, when the new measures took effect.

Until at least Nov. 23, residents in Canada’s third most populous province are not to socialize with anyone outside of their immediate household. Group indoor fitness activities -- including yoga, a de facto city pastime in Vancouver -- have been suspended. Travel in and out the Pacific coast city and its surrounding regions is restricted to essential trips only, according to the guideline

Wow.

Tough, tough virus, even when you are supposedly smarter than the U.S.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56639 on: November 10, 2020, 10:24:11 PM »

British Columbia, which had successfully clamped down on one of North America’s earliest outbreaks at the beginning of the year, is struggling as well. Infections hit a fresh record last Friday with 589 new cases, prompting provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry to announce new restrictions over the weekend.

“We need to keep essential services and essential activities open and operating safely -- this is now in jeopardy,” Henry said Saturday, when the new measures took effect.

Until at least Nov. 23, residents in Canada’s third most populous province are not to socialize with anyone outside of their immediate household. Group indoor fitness activities -- including yoga, a de facto city pastime in Vancouver -- have been suspended. Travel in and out the Pacific coast city and its surrounding regions is restricted to essential trips only, according to the guideline

Wow.

Tough, tough virus, even when you are supposedly smarter than the U.S.

Why do you clown yourself in here day after day?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3774 3775 [3776] 3777 3778 ... 4288