Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3817 3818 [3819] 3820 3821 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1872676 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57270 on: November 16, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »

Ms Ocasio-Cortez missing Max Rose already

It’s also personal personally very difficult because to lose these people, you know, many of them are my colleagues, and I’m proud to call many of them my friends, and the idea that they may not be returning next term, or that they aren’t returning next term, is extremely difficult on both just a personal and a policy and a political level," Ocasio-Cortez continued, according to Fox.

C'mon. lass - work across the aisle.

With who?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57271 on: November 16, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57273 on: November 16, 2020, 07:47:47 PM »

In 2020, there is an apparent winner, even according to Trump.

Doesnt matter
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57274 on: November 16, 2020, 07:48:07 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #57275 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:23 PM »

Every member of the Senate GOP caucus declined invitations to appear on "Meet the Press" this Sunday, according to the show's host Chuck Todd.

“We invited every single Republican senator to appear on Meet the Press this morning. They all declined," said Todd on Sunday's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-q90QaV5Q

Pretty wild!

You would think they did not want to be put on the spot about the presidential succession and Trump's refusal to allow the transition to move forward.

Or about COVID-19 and the administrations refusal to even attempt to address the immediate situation.
LOL!
Two vaccines possibly by summer is  NO attempt?
And under the Constitution there is no President Elect, yet.

You can't read.

And the term is "apparent winner," Ward. Keep up. It's in the law as well as in the contract which I provided.
The precedent set by the Clinton Administration in the contested 2000 election is that to ascertain an apparent President-Elect there would need to be a concession—which has not yet occurred in 2020—or no more legitimate continuing legal challenges—which has not yet occurred in 2020.

According to Congressional intent and past precedent set by President Clinton, as of today, there is no apparent President-Elect.

YOU might want to keep up.

You're out of date.

In 2000, there was no apparent winner. for a long time.

In 2010, they redid the law.

Nope.
Ask Hillary.
Never mind , you already agreed with her

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57276 on: November 16, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »

Every member of the Senate GOP caucus declined invitations to appear on "Meet the Press" this Sunday, according to the show's host Chuck Todd.

“We invited every single Republican senator to appear on Meet the Press this morning. They all declined," said Todd on Sunday's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-q90QaV5Q

Pretty wild!

You would think they did not want to be put on the spot about the presidential succession and Trump's refusal to allow the transition to move forward.

Or about COVID-19 and the administrations refusal to even attempt to address the immediate situation.
LOL!
Two vaccines possibly by summer is  NO attempt?
And under the Constitution there is no President Elect, yet.

You can't read.

And the term is "apparent winner," Ward. Keep up. It's in the law as well as in the contract which I provided.
The precedent set by the Clinton Administration in the contested 2000 election is that to ascertain an apparent President-Elect there would need to be a concession—which has not yet occurred in 2020—or no more legitimate continuing legal challenges—which has not yet occurred in 2020.

According to Congressional intent and past precedent set by President Clinton, as of today, there is no apparent President-Elect.

YOU might want to keep up.

Since you’re about 1-20 you may want to rethink the use of ‘legitimate.’

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57277 on: November 16, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »

Doesnt matter

It's the only thing that matters, according to the contract: "apparent winner." The "president-elect" status is not important for this part.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57278 on: November 16, 2020, 07:57:31 PM »

So some of you might remember my friends in PA who went and voted together for Trump on election day with the wife carrying a gun in case anything happened.  They're both college educated by the way (white female, asian male) and grew up in NORTH NJ. I exchanged texts with the husband today. 

me: "How're you guys handling the election results... you believe it or nah?"

he: "I'm in denial.  I still think Guiliani is gonna blow up the election with fraud."

me: "But you were a democrat before Trump, right?"

he: "I was.  The first time I ever voted was for Obama.  Twice."

me: "What happened?"

he: "I become disenfranchised by his actions and liked Trump as a bull in a china shop!"

me: "Well he did pull some BS so the metaphor works."

he: "And did some damage to the shop too! *facepalm Emoji"

me:  "What abut Obama made you feel that way?"

he: "I think he catered too much to big business and made shitty deals with NK and Iran. I thought he was going to help the middle and lower classes more."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 08:09:49 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57279 on: November 16, 2020, 07:59:08 PM »

South Dakota Nurse: Dying COVID Patients Think It’s Fake

Doering says some of her patients are also in denial, willing to believe almost anything else has made them so sick. “People want it to be influenza, they want it to be pneumonia, we’ve even had people say, ‘I think it could be lung cancer,’” she said. The nurse said that when she offers to hook some patients up with family by FaceTime for a last conversation, they say, ‘No, because I’m doing fine.’” She said the attitude is taking a toll on health-care workers. ‘It’s like a movie where the credits never roll,” she said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-dakota-nurse-jodi-doering-dying-covid-19-patients-think-its-fake

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57280 on: November 16, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »

It will be important if we hope to guide ourselves through the current morass, whenever a trump supporting republican speaks, to envision hundreds of thousands of corpses hanging around their neck as a result of republican bad judgement and wrongness.

If assigning criminal culpability would help the public in this regard, then prosecution of the evil rat bastards infesting the republican party is certainly advisable.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57281 on: November 16, 2020, 09:01:15 PM »

It will be important if we hope to guide ourselves through the current morass, whenever a trump supporting republican speaks, to envision hundreds of thousands of corpses hanging around their neck as a result of republican bad judgement and wrongness.

If assigning criminal culpability would help the public in this regard, then prosecution of the evil rat bastards infesting the republican party is certainly advisable.

You know where I stand. I truly believe a lot of this shit was purposeful.

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57282 on: November 16, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »

me:  "What abut Obama made you feel that way?"

he: "I think he catered too much to big business and made shitty deals with NK and Iran. I thought he was going to help the middle and lower classes more."

Text exchange continued ...

me: "Trump hasn't been any different. Cozied up to and lent credibility to Kim in NK and hasn't done a thing to Iran.  Iran just had its sanctions lifted. So all trumped up  talk no action.  Obama inherited a bad economy from Bush coming out of the sub-prime  mortgage crisis and had to bail out banks and Trump rode the economy for three years until COVID.  Now Biden has to inherit the COVID mess.  Democrats are always inheriting crises that happened under Republican administrations and having to do clean-up. "

he: "I don't agree with all of his policies and not a fan of his personality but I thnk he has gotten things done.  Peace talks with the Middle East and NK.  Limited Chinese influence and power on the US.  Made all politicians on both sides feel that the status quo must change.  I'm not a liberal or conservative but have values on both sides."

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #57283 on: November 16, 2020, 09:03:06 PM »

Kiid is feeling extra lonely these days.

kid is like those Japanese soldiers in WW2 stationed on isolated Phillipine islands not capable of accepting the defeat of the Japanese Empire. Totally brainwashed and oblivious to reason. So they dug in and kept waging war on peaceful Phillipinos years after the war.

Kid-war's over, you lost.

But if it makes you feel better stay hidden in the jungle.

barton

« Reply #57284 on: November 16, 2020, 09:32:32 PM »

...Totally brainwashed and oblivious to reason. So they dug in and kept waging war on peaceful Phillipinos years after the war.

Kid-war's over, you lost.

But if it makes you feel better stay hidden in the jungle.

Natives of The Phillippines are,  oddly enough, spelled "Filipinos."

-- yours truly,
Forum Pedant-at-Large

Pages: 1 ... 3817 3818 [3819] 3820 3821 ... 4288