Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3900 3901 [3902] 3903 3904 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583665 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58515 on: November 29, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »

Fac

I hope Trump gets a fair trial where the evidence of his various crimes are produced and he presents his defense, if he can.

I also hope that recent DoJ end of term rush to amend certain punitive elements results in Trump in front of a firing squad.

I expect to be disappointed.

While he may not ask for a last smoke,  do you think he'd wear a mask?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/politics/federal-execution-new-rule-firing-squads/index.html

(CNN)The Justice Department has rushed to change the rules around federal death penalties as they expedite a slew of scheduled executions in the final days of the Trump administration, including expanding possible execution methods to include electrocution and death by firing squad.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58516 on: November 29, 2020, 01:23:30 PM »

she just asked him to confirm his cases will reach the SC in the next 2 weeks

he rambled about antifa instead

she pushed again, but he admits it may be diificult to get his case to the SC

"we have the greatest case ever"

"tremendous evidence"

she's feeding his insanity

Because she has seen the evidence
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58517 on: November 29, 2020, 01:25:22 PM »

Re:. expedited executions

Why would they need to?  Biden isn't changing anything

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58518 on: November 29, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »

"tremendous evidence"

So have the courts and they keep saying, “Take that shit outta here and don’t come back!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #58519 on: November 29, 2020, 01:38:24 PM »

I didn't read Larry's comments as diminishing gas chambers,  but rather as rhetoric to underscore that passive methods can be horrific,  too.   I think some of you just relish picking on someone,  and making every disagreement a zero sum game.

Yes.   Some come here just looking for a fight.

Maybe to you. Maybe conflict in any form makes you uncomfortable because you seem try to avoid it at all costs. Because others are not unwilling to engage fully in a discussion, it doesn't follow that they are here "just looking for a fight".

A toxic dump of bickering and insults is not a "discussion."   A clash of ideas doesn't require ad hominems,  especially belittling members and relentlessly focusing on whatever you deem to be personality flaws.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58520 on: November 29, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »

"tremendous evidence"

No she hasn't kid.

Nor has anyone else.

Maria asked him if he had evidence of the fraud he alleged, specifically if Dominion software could change Trump votes to Biden votes.

And he just rambled about mail men selling ballots, and people throwing Trump ballots in the river, and section 230 and no free press and seemingly oblivious to the fact that his was being interviewed by the free press to get his story out.

And he came off as a deranged mad-man consumed by conspiracy theories.

with no evidence.

There is no evidence of election fraud and none has been presented in court.

and he and his team of lawyers have been eviscerated in the courts

And those are the facts.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58521 on: November 29, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »

I didn't read Larry's comments as diminishing gas chambers,  but rather as rhetoric to underscore that passive methods can be horrific,  too.   I think some of you just relish picking on someone,  and making every disagreement a zero sum game.

Maybe to you. Maybe conflict in any form makes you uncomfortable because you seem try to avoid it at all costs. Because others are not unwilling to engage fully in a discussion, it doesn't follow that they are here "just looking for a fight".

A toxic dump of bickering and insults is not a "discussion."   A clash of ideas doesn't require ad hominems,  especially belittling members and relentlessly focusing on whatever you deem to be personality flaws.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58522 on: November 29, 2020, 03:03:30 PM »

Fac

I hope Trump gets a fair trial where the evidence of his various crimes are produced and he presents his defense, if he can.

I also hope that recent DoJ end of term rush to amend certain punitive elements results in Trump in front of a firing squad.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/politics/federal-execution-new-rule-firing-squads/index.html

(CNN)The Justice Department has rushed to change the rules around federal death penalties as they expedite a slew of scheduled executions in the final days of the Trump administration, including expanding possible execution methods to include electrocution and death by firing squad.

I’d save the firing squad for Miller, Jr., Ivanka, Jared, and Eric. Trump is decomposing rapidly enough on his own. We might not see him at the inauguration because he’ll be sealed in his box.

Were he to face the firing squad he’s earned through his public life of disservice, he’d ask for a last bump. As to a mask, they could move his diaper from the parts he thinks with to the parts he trowels with makeup.

That should protect his executioners from any further harm caused by having to see his ugly face.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58523 on: November 29, 2020, 03:08:54 PM »

Fac

I’d save the firing squad for Miller, Jr., Ivanka, Jared, and Eric. Trump is decomposing rapidly enough on his own. We might not see him at the inauguration because he’ll be sealed in his box.

Were he to face the firing squad he’s earned through his public life of disservice, he’d ask for a last bump. As to a mask, they could move his diaper from the parts he thinks with to the parts he trowels with makeup.

That should protect his executioners from any further harm caused by having to see his ugly face.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58524 on: November 29, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »

Well said

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58525 on: November 29, 2020, 03:55:52 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/11/29/congress-can-wait-how-biden-can-reshape-our-future-with-executive-action/

RedWard will howl if Biden starts moving people out of all the poverty republican government has created.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58526 on: November 29, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »

A republican government never pauses and never ceases creating poverty. Aside from stealing public property and spreading murderous lies, spreading poverty is the surest sign that you have too many republicans in government.

http://www.theweek.com/articles/951932/mnuchin-trying-sabotage-economy

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58527 on: November 29, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »

Biden twisted his ankle playing with his dog.
That’s the story and he is sticking to it!
Lol!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58528 on: November 29, 2020, 05:08:28 PM »

Trump twisted his mind growing up under Fred's roof.

Young Donald never recovered.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58529 on: November 29, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »

Trump twisted his mind growing up under Fred's roof.

Young Donald never recovered.

Red twists logic here, every day.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 3900 3901 [3902] 3903 3904 ... 4288