Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870106 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1320 on: August 24, 2018, 02:00:36 PM »

It appears that Red is on auto-repeat.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 24, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »

Manual.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 24, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »

Red goes bot bot, while giving himself a manual.

Is that the word fancy Bear is spreading in your district these days? Nice to know...

Think about the fact that trump completely lacks the capacity to faithfully convey to his own attorneys the full extent of his criminal culpability and exposure. Trump can’t get the names and numbers right on a report he is spoon fed by aides minutes before talking about it. Working with a decompensating douche bag that erratic seems to lead his underlings to make copious recordings and notes as an antidote to the chaos. Now all those documents are poised to flush out the cause of the disease.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 24, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »

How kid and red are defining leadership

http://youtu.be/V6bG-qrcQF0
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 24, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

Maybe with three or four more repeats with edits his post might start making sense.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1325 on: August 24, 2018, 02:24:22 PM »

As long as the GOP  treats immigration as a source of cheap labor while the democrats focus on cincreasing its voter base we will never make progress.

Progress toward what?  What is the problem you are describing that needs us to move toward a solution?

increasing [the Democrats] voter base

Ah, there it is.  Thanks.

Immigrants commit fewer crimes and grow our economy, particularly at a time when otherwise the rate of the US population increase is slowing.

And cheap labor?  That's what you think it amounts to? 

Forty-three percent of founders of the 2017 Fortune 500 are immigrants or the children of immigrants, according to the Center for American Entrepreneurship (CAE), a nonpartisan research and advocacy organization based in Great Falls, Virginia. First- and second-generation immigrant founders are even more common among the largest corporations: 48 percent for the top 60 companies and 57 percent for the top 35.

https://www.inc.com/leigh-buchanan/fortune-500-immigrant-founders.html

Thanks for reminding me that your real issue with Hispanic immigrants is that they vote for Democrats.  Its so easy with Trump to see the blatant bigotry and xenophobia driving GOP immigration proposals, that you forget that the people at the top of the party could give a shit about any of that.  For them, its about keeping power.
As long as the GOP  treats immigration as a source of cheap labor while the democrats focus on increasing its voter base we will never make progress.
We need to vet immigrants for people we need to further our principles and ideals while adding to our multicultural society. This also means ending chain migration.

So much for the first lady’s parents...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 24, 2018, 02:32:35 PM »

I have no idea if Viktor or Amalija are "people we need to further our principles and ideals" (or whatever you want to pull out of REDSTATEWARD's word salad) but I do know that I can not think of a single problem the US faces that will be solved by ending chain migration.

And if REDSTATEWARD can, he won't say it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 24, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »

I have no idea if Viktor or Amalija are "people we need to further our principles and ideals" (or whatever you want to pull out of REDSTATEWARD's word salad) but I do know that I can not think of a single problem the US faces that will be solved by ending chain migration.

Already did.
But to spell it out for you.
Chain migration means the immigrants decide who comes next. The multiplier is about 4-1 and the four are  not selected on the basis of their skills or potential to contribute to the well-being of the American people. They come simply because they are related.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 24, 2018, 03:08:59 PM »

Already did.
Chain migration means the immigrants decide who comes next. The multiplier is about 4-1 and the four are  not selected on the basis of their skills or potential to contribute to the well-being of the American people. They come simply because they are related.

No, you still haven't' said it.  A big scary multiplier is not a problem, even if its true (and its not, the author of the study people use to cite that number says its more like 2.1) Why does that matter?  They "are not selected on the basis of their potential to contribute to the well-being of the American people?"  How do you propose doing that?  You have no idea who has or does not have the potential to contribute in this way.

Immigrants (including those that come in without your "vetting" via chain migration) are more likely to have a college degree, more likely to be working, more likely to own/start a business, less likely to commit crimes, and far less likely to be on social welfare programs.  Immigration adds to GDP while providing the economy a valuable source of both skilled and unskilled labor.

Again...what problem are you solving in this country by proposing we have fewer of them?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 24, 2018, 03:17:27 PM »

Anyway, don't bother REDSTATEWARD, I know where this conversation (isn't) going.

You've received your marching orders.  Republicans in congress are going to run against Immigration and when that doesn't work they are going to yell "Pelosi!" and you are going to parrot them all along the way, not fully understanding either argument.

Good luck with that in November.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1330 on: August 24, 2018, 03:24:48 PM »

Already did.

Again, so much for the first “fashion model” with the Einstein visa who dropped an anchor baby and thrn brought in her parents through chain migration.

And now a family from East Bumfuckistan followed their daughter into the top tier of American Society because she fucked the right guy at the right time.

We let these grifters in but now we gotta close the door... too many brown and black people looking to take a shot at the American dream all the OTHER immigrants took.

You guys are full of shit and you know it. Why people bother having a rational conversation with you is beyond me.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 24, 2018, 03:49:17 PM »

Anyway, don't bother REDSTATEWARD, I know where this conversation (isn't) going.
Suit yourself. I was responding to someone else when you jumped in.
In your typical biased and uninformed fashion.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 24, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »

Already did.
Historically, family based immigration has led to the most successful immigrants because of the existing family support system. Also historically it was designed to keep out those of a darker skin tone, back when most immigrants were European. The idea that it is somehow now a problem is hard to separate from the concept of shithole countries.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 24, 2018, 04:22:10 PM »

Already did.
Historically, family based immigration has led to the most successful immigrants because of the existing family support system. Also historically it was designed to keep out those of a darker skin tone, back when most immigrants were European. The idea that it is somehow now a problem is hard to separate from the concept of shithole countries.
Upwards of Two Thirds of our legal immigrants come via chain migration. I don’t agree with Trump’s fear of terrorism because of that. I prefer to have a policy of ensuring our immigrants fill a need in our work force  while adapting to our culture and adding to it.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 24, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

Already did.
Upwards of Two Thirds of our legal immigrants come via chain migration. I don’t agree with Trump’s fear of terrorism because of that. I prefer to have a policy of ensuring our immigrants fill a need in our work force  while adapting to our culture and adding to it.
I have a fundamental disagreement with current economic value dictating immigration policy. After all, their grandchildren are their legacy to this country, not their STEM skills. After all, our current President is the grandson  of.a.brothel boarding house owner. At the risk of injecting both anecdotal evidence - and personal detail on a board where an asshole has been known to use and abuse personal detail - my wife came to this country as an adult who would not meet that kind of economic test. But she has worked hard and.made herself into an RN. Seems to me if you really believe in this country it is the willingness to make that journey, not your current skill set, that makes you a great immigrant, the type that keeps America great. But then I am a huddled masses yearning to breathe free kind of guy.

And family based immigration works to ensure greater assimilation. Having family to lean on and learn from helps with that process.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 4288