Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870105 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1515 on: August 27, 2018, 07:09:03 PM »

The President is a class CRASS act.

FTFY

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 27, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »

I'm sorry Knicks. None of that matters. Majority rules.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 27, 2018, 07:22:26 PM »

Fine. A government by polling. Another word you like to use but clearly don't know the meaning of: "feckless."
If you are using that as a self-descriptor of yourself I won’t disagree.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 27, 2018, 07:26:21 PM »

Red, the Populist, using the always effective "I know you are, but what am I?" defense.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 27, 2018, 07:37:37 PM »

Red, the Populist, using the always effective "I know you are, but what am I?" defense.
Defense? Of what?
The Constitution is full of ways to guard against the abuses of the majority.
Please explain how Voter ID laws run afoul of any of them.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 27, 2018, 07:51:16 PM »

Do you ever read what anybody else posts?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »

posted elsewhere earlier today re Trump's refusal to speak of McCain's passing

Quote from: bankshot1, post: 2978282, member: 9
One wonders if most everyone, both Trump supporter and Trump foe, watching that sad display of pettiness, didn't think to themselves, "what a fucking asshole"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 27, 2018, 07:58:03 PM »

The message to republicans is that trump will happily spit on your grave. The means of prevention is making sure you get to do it to him first.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1523 on: August 27, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »

Defense? Of what?

Voter iD laws will only prevent in person voter fraud which is virtually non existent. Do you know why in person voter fraud is not a real problem?

Those mahfuckahs always get caught. Too little reward for way too much risk.

But conservatives talk shit because the goal is to make it harder for folks to vote.

If Kris Kobach, (oh, how did that commission turn out?) had his way every polling station in “Democratic” areas would ask every voter:

“How many bubbles are in a bar of soap?”

You’re not fooling anyone but yourselves. See, if your electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting, it means you know your policies suck.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 27, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »

About what?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: August 27, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »

Defense? Of what?

Voter iD laws will only prevent in person voter fraud which is virtually non existent. Do you know why in person voter fraud is not a real problem?

But conservatives talk shit because the goal is to make it harder for folks to vote.

A fallacy that very few people fall for.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1526 on: August 27, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »

Defense? Of what?

A fallacy that very few people fall for.

So how did the Commission on Voter Fraud turn out? Oh, yeah. It was disbanded because the entire premise is BULLSHIT and you know it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 27, 2018, 08:24:26 PM »

A recent study on Voter ID laws found

Specifically, they found “that strict photo identification laws have a differentially negative impact on the turnout of Hispanics, Blacks, and mixed-race Americans in primaries and general elections.”

In an article in the Washington Post (referenced inthe Atlantic article) the authors summarized their conclusion:

By instituting strict voter ID laws, states can alter the electorate and shift outcomes toward those on the right. Where these laws are enacted, the influence of Democrats and liberals wanes and the power of Republicans grows. Unsurprisingly, these strict ID laws are passed almost exclusively by Republican legislatures.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/how-voter-id-laws-discriminate-study/517218/

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 27, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »

About what?
So I see we're going in circles. You can provide no reason for the spate of ID laws beyond your appeal to their alleged popularity. Have a nice night Red.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 27, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »

A recent study on Voter ID laws found

Specifically, they found “that strict photo identification laws have a differentially negative impact on the turnout of Hispanics, Blacks, and mixed-race Americans in primaries and general elections.”

In an article in the Washington Post (referenced inthe Atlantic article) the authors summarized their conclusion:

By instituting strict voter ID laws, states can alter the electorate and shift outcomes toward those on the right. Where these laws are enacted, the influence of Democrats and liberals wanes and the power of Republicans grows. Unsurprisingly, these strict ID laws are passed almost exclusively by Republican legislatures.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/how-voter-id-laws-discriminate-study/517218/
But the polls, Bank! 80% in favor!!!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 4288