Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1993706 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2025 on: September 06, 2018, 03:53:35 PM »

As far as I can tell these "hearings" are Kabuki Theater anyway. Why shouldn't Booker do a little grandstanding, something he's really good at, to get the info out?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 06, 2018, 04:28:59 PM »

What's FYVP mean and what's with the sketch?   Is this relevant to this thread topic?

Follow Your Vice President?

Fresh Yellow Vine Pomegranates?

How about introducing yourself newbie?

Red and Utley say it's Josh.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 06, 2018, 04:31:43 PM »

Re:  "all these brave heroes"

One guy or gal.

Lets see em all get in line before feeling anything is different than the norm.

Reading is fundamental:

In the hours after the New York Times published the anonymous Op-Ed from "a senior official in the Trump administration" trashing the president ("I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"), two senior administration officials reached out to Axios to say the author stole the words right out of their mouths.

"I find the reaction to the NYT op-ed fascinating — that people seem so shocked that there is a resistance from the inside," one senior official said. "A lot of us [were] wishing we’d been the writer, I suspect ... I hope he [Trump] knows — maybe he does? — that there are dozens and dozens of us."

An op-ed has been published by someone working for the President of the United States saying, amongs other things, that he is helplessly amoral and that those around him considered the appropriateness of the 25th Amendment early in his administration.

It is already completely obvious that we have departed far, far away from "the norm."

Some of these mokes feel useless, is all.  And they dislike the guy personally.  Doesnt mean the overall product is poor.

I totally agree.

However, the overall product is poor, too.

And I note you shifted to "find the best that he can..."

Remember that HE PICKED THESE PEOPLE! I am sure most of them started out thrilled and feeling pretty good about themselves.

Now, not so much. You keep thinking, Kiiid, that these people are speaking out because there is something wrong with them, and only with them.

Try considering that there is something wrong with them and they are right about the president.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 06, 2018, 04:33:30 PM »

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/5/17824430/laura-loomer-billy-long-auctioneer-jack-dorsey

An alt-right protester attempts to interupt a hearing about Jack Dorsey. Rep. Long shuts her down.

(This would be funny regardless of the parties of the parties.)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 06, 2018, 05:25:56 PM »

Re:  "all these brave heroes"

One guy or gal.

Lets see em all get in line before feeling anything is different than the norm.

Reading is fundamental:

In the hours after the New York Times published the anonymous Op-Ed from "a senior official in the Trump administration" trashing the president ("I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"), two senior administration officials reached out to Axios to say the author stole the words right out of their mouths.

"I find the reaction to the NYT op-ed fascinating — that people seem so shocked that there is a resistance from the inside," one senior official said. "A lot of us [were] wishing we’d been the writer, I suspect ... I hope he [Trump] knows — maybe he does? — that there are dozens and dozens of us."

An op-ed has been published by someone working for the President of the United States saying, amongs other things, that he is helplessly amoral and that those around him considered the appropriateness of the 25th Amendment early in his administration.

It is already completely obvious that we have departed far, far away from "the norm."

Some of these mokes feel useless, is all.  And they dislike the guy personally.  Doesnt mean the overall product is poor.

I totally agree.

However, the overall product is poor, too.

And I note you shifted to "find the best that he can..."

Remember that HE PICKED THESE PEOPLE! I am sure most of them started out thrilled and feeling pretty good about themselves.

Now, not so much. You keep thinking, Kiiid, that these people are speaking out because there is something wrong with them, and only with them.

Try considering that there is something wrong with them and they are right about the president.

Doesn't matter if they are "right" - that's the point.

Igh percentage of lefties projected nukes to be a big deal by now (he has his finger on the...."

Good grief.  Keep spouting.  Keep strong.  Its what you all do best.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 06, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »

Doesn't matter if they are "right" - that's the point.

Igh percentage of lefties projected nukes to be a big deal by now (he has his finger on the...."

Good grief.  Keep spouting.  Keep strong.  Its what you all do best.

So "lefties" critique of Trump has proven to be overblown, in your view, because we haven't (yet) had nuclear war.  If that is your standard for success...

Your analysis is all about motives, and not about substance.  What are these "Assistant coaches" saying about your President?  If there is even some truth to that, does it bother you?  Having an unqualified,  waffling and ineffective leader at the top is cool with you, as long as you get your immigration restrictions (and no nuclear war...)

This has always been my critique of your position, you are only offering support for its being true.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 06, 2018, 05:55:35 PM »

As far as I can tell these "hearings" are Kabuki Theater anyway. Why shouldn't Booker do a little grandstanding, something he's really good at, to get the info out?
Booker was just bufoonish.
Kamala Harris, however, was just plain mean trying to play to her party base.
Guess she is trying to behave like Trump.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 06, 2018, 06:09:56 PM »

If I ran a newspaper, blog or any other place from which information was disseminated, the name "Alex Jones" would never be issued forth.

Sadly, I remember the last individual I said that about.  It was several years ago.   
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

SEC2

« Reply #2033 on: September 06, 2018, 06:12:02 PM »

FYVP:

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 06, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »

For Your Viewing Pleasure

———————

The right’s only judicial candidates happen to be the kind of geniuses who commit criminal dishonesty directly under oath and in the public record. It is important to establish their felonious conduct as a step to removing them from ever serving in a court, let alone on a bench.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 06, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »

The Left/Far Left loves open borders and massive immigration both legal and illegal.
The Right/Far Right tries to stop the insanity, and gets branded as 'racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic" etc.

None is so blind as he who will not see.

Mischaracterization of the left.

Mischaracterization of the right.

And the reason the far right gets branded as racist is because of things like gerrymandering to minimize the effectiveness of black voters - as per the Supreme Court among others. Because they chase Hispanic undocumented aliens but Irish not so much. And a host of other things, including supporting the racist President.

But why let reality get in the way of your cute little myth that you've crafted.

Nah...Obama, the darling of the Left/Far Left, loved sanctuary cities, as did they.
The Left/Far Left love massive immigration, whether legal or illegal, look at all the rallies that show it clearly.
They love illegal immigration...'cheap labor'...and it seems, to replace White people with non-White people.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:00:16 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 06, 2018, 06:58:19 PM »

"No one had more fun than I did"- Burt Reynolds

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 06, 2018, 06:59:11 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-to-circumvent-court-limits-on-detention-of-child-migrants/2018/09/06/181d376c-b1bd-11e8-a810-4d6b627c3d5d_story.html

For those of you challenged by the paywall, even on September 6th...

Trump is still trying to keep children past the legal limits, while they also still have hundreds of kids seperated from their parents, post court order.

Criminal, amoral conduct.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-to-circumvent-court-limits-on-detention-of-child-migrants/2018/09/06/181d376c-b1bd-11e8-a810-4d6b627c3d5d_story.html

For those of you challenged by the paywall, even on September 6th...

Trump is still trying to keep children past the legal limits, while they also still have hundreds of kids seperated from their parents, post court order.

Criminal, amoral conduct.

There's a simple solution...reunite as many as possible...then deport them all back over the Mexican border, from whence they came...problem solved.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »

The Left/Far Left loves open borders and massive immigration both legal and illegal.
The Right/Far Right tries to stop the insanity, and gets branded as 'racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic" etc.

None is so blind as he who will not see.

Mischaracterization of the left.

Mischaracterization of the right.

And the reason the far right gets branded as racist is because of things like gerrymandering to minimize the effectiveness of black voters - as per the Supreme Court among others. Because they chase Hispanic undocumented aliens but Irish not so much. And a host of other things, including supporting the racist President.

But why let reality get in the way of your cute little myth that you've crafted.

Nah...Obama, the darling of the Left/Far Left, loved sanctuary cities, as did they.
The Left/Far Left love massive immigration, whether legal or illegal, look at all the rallies that show it clearly.
They love illegal immigration...'cheap labor'.

Sanctuary cities have nothing to do with what you wrote or what I responded.

Massive immigration is something we have never seen in this country.

And the folks who love illegal immigration and ready work visas are the business owners, regardless of party. They are having a hard time getting the work done (for a variety of reasons). Some of them are shutting, some are moving.

Crawl back into your hole.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 4288