Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583467 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6420 on: November 20, 2018, 08:00:43 PM »

"......were complete and utter bullshit"

Yeah.  Trump got her to smash phones with a hammer, allowing the electorate a glimpse into her composure under pressure.

Heh.
You think she disposed of her old State Department phones in 2015 and 2016? Are you that stupid?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »

You can take a look at a few states returns and notice something suspicious:

In IND, Dems won 2 of 9 House seats, both 65%/35%.

Missouri:
Dems won 2 of 8 seats, both landslides (81%/17% &  62%/36%)

No. Carolina:
Dems won 3 of 13 seats: all with 70% or more.

Ohio:
Dems won a mere 4 of 14 House races: with 82%, 73%, 68% & 61%

Tennessee: Dems won 2 of 9 districts: 80% & 68%
(not one competitive race -- the closest was a huge 29 point margin)

Texas:
36 seats.  Dems won 13, a number with 70% or more.  The GOP won 5 close contests, while the Dems only won one close race.

On the flipside, in Maryland, the GOP won 1 of 8 seats, 61%/38%.
Though none of the other 7 (Dem won) races were close at all, so even dispersing GOP voters from District 1 would not do enough to alter another race.  I must say they have some bizarre-shaped districts in Maryland though.

Sure Dem voters tend to be compacted into urban areas, but it's often how you divvy up the suburbs that makes a big difference.  And not hard to infer which states were gerrymandered.

Non-competitive races discourage participation, increase partisanship,
advantage incumbents, and otherwise hurt democracy and undermine faith in government.
it is more pronounced if you look at Stage Legislatures, a subject Red.seems to not broach when arguing this election 'conclusively" shows no gerrymandering.
The bloviations of Stacey Graham were about voter suppression and disenfranchisement.
Both were non existent. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: November 20, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »

The fact Red won’t swallow and gets very bent when we discuss is how unpopular his crook party actually is.

Dems are actually more popular than their massive victories this cycle imply, especially when compared to the national embarrassment and political cancer that is the GOP.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6423 on: November 20, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »

Same playbook as the GOP efforts at voter suppression;
---
LOL

If it was voter suppression it failed miserably since voting turnout records were set all across the country and democrat made big gains in the House and recovered some of their previous losses at state levels. Turnout was up 12% nationwide with democrats getting 53% of the vote.
In Georgia Stacey Abrams, black candidate for Governor, came closer to winning a statewide race in the conservative State than any other democrat there in 20 years.
Still Abrams charged the winner, former Secretay of State Brian Kemp, with “ systemic disenfranchisement, disinvestment, and iincompetence. “. She overlooks that Georgia has grown its registrations by 20 per cent this decade, turnout was up 16,4%, and her
vote totals in two predominantly black counties was up  90% and 62% over the last mid-terms in 2014.

If Kemp was suppressing the vote he did a particularly shitty job of it.

"Racism is over now, we elected a Black President."

That obstacles can, on occasion, be overcome doesn't mean they aren't there.
Obama was on the ballot in 2008 and 2012.  Georgia voter rolls swelled after  2010, 2014, and 2018 mid terms. What obstacles are you talking about?

This is what grandma meant when she said, “Child, in this whiteman’s world you’re always going to have to be twice as good to get half as much.”

There is no saving the GOP if we are to save this nation and allow her to live up to her promise.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: November 20, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »

Same playbook as the GOP efforts at voter suppression;
---
LOL

If it was voter suppression it failed miserably since voting turnout records were set all across the country and democrat made big gains in the House and recovered some of their previous losses at state levels. Turnout was up 12% nationwide with democrats getting 53% of the vote.
In Georgia Stacey Abrams, black candidate for Governor, came closer to winning a statewide race in the conservative State than any other democrat there in 20 years.
Still Abrams charged the winner, former Secretay of State Brian Kemp, with “ systemic disenfranchisement, disinvestment, and iincompetence. “. She overlooks that Georgia has grown its registrations by 20 per cent this decade, turnout was up 16,4%, and her
vote totals in two predominantly black counties was up  90% and 62% over the last mid-terms in 2014.

If Kemp was suppressing the vote he did a particularly shitty job of it.

"Racism is over now, we elected a Black President."

That obstacles can, on occasion, be overcome doesn't mean they aren't there.
Obama was on the ballot in 2008 and 2012.  Georgia voter rolls swelled after  2010, 2014, and 2018 mid terms. What obstacles are you talking about?

This is what grandma meant when she said, “Child, in this whiteman’s world you’re always going to have to be twice as good to get half as much.”

There is no saving the GOP if we are to save this nation and allow her to live up to her promise.
LOL

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: November 20, 2018, 10:19:49 PM »

Love lost in Utah.

Wave.

Didnt embrace Trump.

She'll be back.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: November 20, 2018, 10:24:41 PM »

Love lost in Utah.

Wave.

Didnt embrace Trump.

She'll be back.
My assumption is she knew her electorate, and would have lost worse had she done so.  Trump's raging ego aside, plenty of people lost who embraced him, including Martha McSally.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: November 20, 2018, 10:47:53 PM »

If Trump lets the caravan in he'll be finished politically.
He'll be seen as a Leftist.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: November 20, 2018, 10:51:15 PM »

On my no1 radio station today;

"Half of adult Australians admit to having a problem with literacy".

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: November 21, 2018, 01:12:59 AM »

Are you among the half that admits it or are you among the half who does not admit to having a problem with literacy?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: November 21, 2018, 01:14:36 AM »

Redd lies about gerrymandering.

Redd lies about voter suppression.

Redd lies about racist GOP practices.

I don't know if under his ESPN3 soubriquet he lies about sports, too, but given how much difficulty he has with honesty politically, I would not be surprised.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: November 21, 2018, 02:24:35 AM »

Are you among the half that admits it or are you among the half who does not admit to having a problem with literacy?

Define 'literacy'.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: November 21, 2018, 02:31:42 AM »

'Literacy'...'ability to read and write'.

Read and write what, exactly, English?
Wouldn't surprise me...half the country seems to divided into immigrant ethnic enclaves where English is not the first language...and only a language that seems to be used rarely and thru an interpreter when absolutely necessary.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:42:05 AM by bambu-wisdom »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: November 21, 2018, 06:26:35 AM »

Define 'literacy'.
So, the latter.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6434 on: November 21, 2018, 08:19:18 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 4288