The vaccine for the novel coronavirus should be

available to all Americans
- 4 (100%)
available only to Americans who can afford $3000 or whose insurance covers it
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: March 04, 2020, 12:32:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 2389

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 340954 times)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14730 on: June 06, 2019, 01:40:36 AM »

Trump-Nixon is planning a milkshake on the mall party for July 4. Wendy’s and McDonald’s are competing for the business with new football shaped and missile shaped shake containers that keep their contents pressurized for wider splash zones on impact.

It’s a good time to loosen up your throwing arm in protest of trump’s massive backdoor regressive tax hike. He likes to call them tariffs. Join your patriotic brothers and sisters in letting trump know it’s time he get his hand out of your pocket.

Can trump’s various hair products withstand the cold creamy viscosity of the American milkshake?

What other lowlife ne’er do well could bring such ceaseless drama to what had only recently been a highly respected office?
Trump is a little boy in a fat bitch’s pantsuit.

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #14731 on: June 06, 2019, 03:18:20 AM »

https://www.simbaly.com/view/worlds-biggest-navy-sim/?page=37

World's biggest, and most powerful naval forces.

1. North Korea
2. China
3. USA
36. UK...'everyone' has a bigger and more powerful navy that Britain...well except Australia, it's not even on the chart.
Exactly why Australia must get nukes, in a hurry.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: June 06, 2019, 03:46:17 AM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cf88b5de4b0e3e3df151e12

Will trump’s non consensual sex life get a proper airing out? One judge decides on June 14th...

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: June 06, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »

Another day, another lawsuit against the Trump administration:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-epa-lawsuit/us-epa-is-sued-for-ousting-scientists-from-advisory-committees-idUSKCN1T42H8

The NRDC said the Oct. 31, 2017 directive from Wheeler’s predecessor Scott Pruitt upended decades of EPA practices “for no good reason” and without required public comment.

It said the agency has since used the directive to remove qualified scientists from its roughly 23 advisory committees, freeing it to replace them with industry representatives.

Monday’s complaint seeks to set aside the directive and all decisions based on it.

Not the splashiest story, but might be one of the most important WRT to our nation's survival. 
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: June 06, 2019, 09:30:48 AM »

Still, they should be treating the office of the President of the United States of America, and the person who holds that office...with a lot more respect.

If Trump would treat the office with more respect, I'm sure they would. 

The Queen respects those who treat the office with respect....which is why she's been wearing the brooch Obama gave her.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: June 06, 2019, 11:01:30 AM »

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress" says nothing about how any determination for the Electors' voting.

Nor does anything in the 12th Amendment, or you would not have bitched and moaned about my not putting them in the same post.

You got bupkis.

No I have the Constitution.  The appointment of electors is a delegated right granted to the states by the Constitution and while that right can be amended( i.e.12th ) it cannot be amended without Congressional approval NOR  in any manner that changes the overall purpose of the presidential election system.  And that system is an indirect election carried out through the Electoral College.
What the Nevada Legislature was trying to do a was convert Nevada ELECTORS into agents of other states.
Blatantly unconstitutional.
You keep saying that, but the states that set up winner-take all *did* change things without a constitutional amendment.
No. They didn’t. Article II gives the the right to elect electors anyway the states choose.
Nevada proposed doing away with electors effectively scrapping the Electoral College.
Blatantly unconstitutional

Dude, you pulled that one waaaaaaay out your ass!

Nevada proposed scrapping the Electoral College!

REDSTATEWARD's way of conceding defeat is to fictionalize the Nevada bill to match his rgument. 

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: June 06, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress" says nothing about how any determination for the Electors' voting.

Nor does anything in the 12th Amendment, or you would not have bitched and moaned about my not putting them in the same post.

You got bupkis.

No I have the Constitution.  The appointment of electors is a delegated right granted to the states by the Constitution and while that right can be amended( i.e.12th ) it cannot be amended without Congressional approval NOR  in any manner that changes the overall purpose of the presidential election system.  And that system is an indirect election carried out through the Electoral College.
What the Nevada Legislature was trying to do a was convert Nevada ELECTORS into agents of other states.
Blatantly unconstitutional.
You keep saying that, but the states that set up winner-take all *did* change things without a constitutional amendment.
No. They didn’t. Article II gives the the right to elect electors anyway the states choose.
Nevada proposed doing away with electors effectively scrapping the Electoral College.
Blatantly unconstitutional

Dude, you pulled that one waaaaaaay out your ass!

Nevada proposed scrapping the Electoral College!

REDSTATEWARD's way of conceding defeat is to fictionalize the Nevada bill to match his rgument.
Exactly what the act was.   Blatantly stupid and blatantly Unconstitutional.
The only thing that was defeated was the Bill.

oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: June 06, 2019, 12:22:02 PM »

Politics Makes Strange Bedfellows Dept.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/06/she-sounds-like-trump-his-best-tucker-carlson-endorses-elizabeth-warrens-economic-populism/?hpid&utm_term=.d7bfd8c17479

Tucker Carlson of Fox News spent nearly three minutes of his opening monologue on Wednesday quoting verbatim from the economic plan unveiled this week by Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, the Democratic presidential aspirant.

But his intention was not to disparage it. Hardly. He told Republicans, who are the lion’s share of his viewers, that they were voting against their own economic interests by backing candidates who did not speak like the consumer protection advocate and former Harvard Law School professor.

“She sounds like Donald Trump at his best,” Carlson said, in a striking show of support for the liberal firebrand who recently accused him of propagating hate.

There is no love lost between these two figures, and Carlson had no shortage of criticism for other aspects of Warren’s candidacy. Still, their agreement on certain fundamental questions about the economy revealed something about each of them — and about the inchoate political realignment that has made it unclear to which party causes from free trade to privacy protection belong.

For Carlson, who recently refused to apologize after the liberal watchdog group Media Matters for America surfaced old recordings of him making racist and sexist remarks, the endorsement of Warren’s vision exemplified his efforts to distance himself from Republican orthodoxy at the very moment his network cleaves closer to the president. He has cast himself as a Trump-era populist truer to the creed than is the president himself, willing to speak hard truths to his own tribe, namely the Republican elite.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: June 06, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »

There are ways to be a strong progressive that most of the country will vote for.

I’m still waiting to see who pulls it all together the best.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: June 06, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »

Presented not to convince those of you who are full of shit, but to provide those already conscious of the climate related security issues with additional information to share with those grappling with why these are important issues.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/148cb0_a1406e0143ac4c469196d3003bc1e687.pdf

Existential climate-related security risk:
A scenario approach

OVERVIEW

● Analysis of climate-related security threats
depends significantly on understanding the
strengths and limitations of climate science
projections. Much scientific knowledge produced
for climate policy-making is conservative and
reticent.

● Climate change now represents a near- to
mid-term existential threat to human civilisation.
A new approach to climate-related security
risk-management is thus required, giving
particular attention to the high-end and
difficult-to-quantify “fat-tail” possibilities.

● This may be most effectively explored by
scenario analysis. A 2050 scenario is outlined in
which accelerating climate- change impacts
pose large negative consequences to humanity
which might not be undone for centuries.

● To reduce such risks and to sustain human
civilisation, it is essential to build a zeroemissions industrial system very quickly. This
requires the global mobilisation of resources on
an emergency basis, akin to a wartime level of
response.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: June 06, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emilyhoerner/police-facebook-racist-violent-posts-comments-philadelphia

A review of the Facebook accounts of thousands of officers around the US — the largest database of its kind — found officers endorsing violence against Muslims, women, and criminal defendants.

Of the pages of officers whom the Plain View researchers could positively identify, about 1 in 5 of the current officers, and 2 in 5 of the retired officers, made public posts or comments that met that threshold — typically by displaying bias, applauding violence, scoffing at due process, or using dehumanizing language. The officers mocked Mexicans, women, and black people, celebrated the Confederate flag, and showed a man wearing a kaffiyeh scarf in the crosshairs of a gun.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: June 06, 2019, 05:35:47 PM »

Presented not to convince those of you who are full of shit, but to provide those already conscious of the climate related security issues with additional information to share with those grappling with why these are important issues.

Good paper, and the section on scientific reticence is worth reviewing.   My work touches on climate data a little, so I'm aware how climate change models often downplay rapid feedback loops and make fairly conservative projections.  Many don't sufficiently reckon with actual deforestation rates in the tropics, and rises in methane release from multiple growing sources.   I will pass this along.   Thanks.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: June 06, 2019, 06:10:03 PM »

Good paper, and the section on scientific reticence is worth reviewing.   My work touches on climate data a little, so I'm aware how climate change models often downplay rapid feedback loops and make fairly conservative projections.  Many don't sufficiently reckon with actual deforestation rates in the tropics, and rises in methane release from multiple growing sources.   I will pass this along.   Thanks.
LOL.
But also explain how effectively murdering  millions of poor people around the world by shutting off carbon solves anything.
We can adapt climate change.
We cannot adapt to ending our reliance on the abundant supply of carbon to provide the capital to build a better world.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: June 06, 2019, 07:09:47 PM »

LOL.
But also explain how effectively murdering  millions of poor people around the world by shutting off carbon solves anything.
We cannot adapt to ending our reliance on the abundant supply of carbon to provide the capital to build a better world.
It was specifically not for the full of shit. That means you.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: June 06, 2019, 07:27:33 PM »

LOL.
It was specifically not for the full of shit. That means you.
LOL
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 2389